Bad signals/service reporting - page 16

leeb:
the system has recovered from a small drawdown and now up over 196% Subscription through RAS is open if you don't want to miss profits like this.

You call this a small draw down ?!...

That image shows that your balance goes the 20st of Dec. from 18K$ to 7K$ the 13th of Jan (that is loosing -60%!!)

Or you mean to say that someone who started to trade your system with 10K$ the 20st of December and the 13th of Jan he sits on 4K$ has just a SMALL draw down on that moment ?!?

If you call a -60% draw down a small draw down can we then conclude that if you make a big draw downthat this will automaticly blow up the whole account?

iGoR

Reply to iGoR

Hi iGoR

Thanks for the feedback but I can't help but think your sole purpose is to go around being negative about other peoples systems. I don't know where you got a 60% drawdown from because as the myFxBook link showns the largest drawdown was 39% and in fact this only drewdown into profits made, the largest actual drawdown since the start into any negative area was -8%.

It's easy to be critical as you are but if you can produce almost 300% in 4 months as I have done, be my guest and prove it. Also, feel free to stand by and watch as the system profits and you make idle critiscm - as my 10 year backtest in the first post proves this system works over the long term - again I challenge you to show my a system that beats these results. I will take great pleasure in replying to you again when my live profits show 1000% plus gains and a few subscribers have profited with me in the journey whilst you have missed out...

Performance

Since iGoR posted his negative rant (which he does to a lot of people so I don't take it personally) the system has made another 8%.

Welcome to any subscribers who want to come along for the profits...

Now up over 288%

Files:
adapt_1.png  29 kb

nice system

well , what i would like to say is that we, the traders , see the things as they are , and that was a drawdown ... but , on the other hand , off course in trading big profits come with big drawdowns , everybody needs to understand that . Every trader has good months and bad months, still , what counts in the end is the final results on a longer time period . And , by 288 % profit , that is a very good system you are trading. Still , i could`nt judge you`re system , just by 4 months performance. Anyway , it does look good . Now Igor , he`s a nice guy actually , he helped a lot on this forum and as well sometimes he criticizes, we all do at one point . We just say what we see , and maybe u should learn and adapt from the critics ... well , what i really wanted to ask you , as you have an myfxbook account, you probably know about the contest to come in a few days . I would like to ask you to compete in that contest . I am actually curious how you`re system would behave with a higher risk on an 100 k account . That`s up to you off course, but i personally would like to see it . Thank you for you`re time.

Reply to mihai27

Hi Mihai27

Thanks for your comments, yes all systems will have drawdown as obviously with all things there is no reward without risk, however seeing it's performance on a live account and over a 10 year maximum data quality backtest. Thanks for your input regarding iGoR, taken on board. I wasn't aware there was a contest coming up but I will look into it and maybe consider entering this system.

Leeb,

I have indeed the tendency to be critical and even very critical to people who try to make things apear or sound a lot better then what they are.

On your myfxbook link your account shows the 20th of Dec.a profit of 183.9% and the 13th of Jan. your account shows a profit of 76.58% (check it yourself--go with your cursor over the chart)

I have learned a little bit of math in school. When I take 183.9 - 76.58 = 107.32. You gave back 107.32%.

Now (107.32/183.9) x 100 = 58.35.

So sorry for my mistake it was not -60% that you gave back from your high but it was -58.35%. And I don't know how myfxbook calculates but I can only do the maths based on the information they give me. And I prefer to have my opinion on what they show then on what you say (small draw down).

But whatever, if you call a drop of -58% just a small draw down then I feel I should give my opinion. And you do like many others and that is concentrating on your profits and not on the risk that people can have. Even if you make 1000% profit, at some point if one would have started to trade your system the 20th of Dec. he would have had a BIG draw down. If you would have said that you had a big draw down there I would never felt called upon to make a reply.

You hide your contractsize on your myfxbook. I always say: If people are hiding something it is because they don't want people to see something. And that is that you are probably way overleveraged and asking for trouble or bring other people in trouble when you are going to encounter draw down periods.

Regards...iGoR

Reply to iGoR

Hi iGoR

Thanks for your feedback, I have to say though that the way myFxBook calculates drawdown it stands at 39% no matter what maths you use.

The settings are quite aggressive but have been profitable every year on a ten year backtest at the highest quality never losing the whole account - see my backtest in post one. I am not too concerned about the 39% drawdown because as I stated before this only drew down into profits made anyway and the account was ever only really in the red by 8%.

I appreciate your concern but the live forward test results with my backtest and my many years spent with MT4 assure me this EA will stand the test of time even though nothing is ever 100% I am as sure as I can be, one needs to take risks to make returns.

I have not purposely hid the lotsize but you must appreciate there is a balance between sharing results on myFxBook and giving too many details where people can copy the trades without subscribing through RAS, I'll see what I can do.

Regards, Leeb

Lot size

In response to iGoR I have made the lot size info public on myFxBook.

I have always said this is a fairly aggressive system but likewise has the ability to make large returns. It doesn't use martingale or any similar risky lotsizing or lot scaling down/up averaging techniques, only increases as equity increases.

leeb:
Since iGoR posted his negative rant (which he does to a lot of people so I don't take it personally) the system has made another 8%.

Welcome to any subscribers who want to come along for the profits...

Now up over 288%

Listen Leeb,

Don't try to be a smart ass or consider me as an idiot.

In the posting above you say that you went up 8%. Why ?!...because you look into your results or statement and it shows +8%. (as you can see on the printscreen).

OK fair enough for me.

But if you use this technique to anounce your profits then be consistent and use that EXACT SAME technique to anounce ALSO your losses.

If you look to the printscreen and add the losses together that are in your statement then you will see a HUGE draw down and not a little draw down as you mensioned. There is even ONE SINGLE TRADE in that printscreen that shows a loss of -22.93%. And the one before that shows a loss of -19.04%!!

This means if you say that you went up 8% on 1 single trade that this statement says that one can loos -41% on only 2 trades ?!?!...

And the combination of those 5 trades gives a draw down of -65%...

So stop using the techniques of calculating the profits and the losses that suits you best.

OR

The losses are by myfxbook not calculated in a correct way. But then so are the profits that you anounce not calculated in a correct way.

OR

The profits are not calculated in a correct way. But then so are your losses not calculated in a correct way.

BUT

Don't say that the profits are correct and the losses are wrong.

And if you want to be open and correct and want to show that you have nothing to hide and want to show what people can expect when they will trade your system, then show your open trades also and place your publisher on a 1440 delay so that people can not take in the trades that you take in. Then people will really know what they can expect when they rent your signal and see how agressive that you trade.

iGoR

Reply to iGoR

Hi iGoR,

I don't appreciate the tone of your last post, I'm not trying to be a 'smart ass' as you so rudely state, I was just saying the stats as they appear on myFxBook.

I have opened up the lots for public view and that's still not enough for you, now you want me to show live trades, even if delayed by a day - I may consider it but I have already showed the lots as you requested.

I appreciate the detailed analysis of my account and am not disputing your maths, I know it is an aggressive system, fact remains in 10 years of backtest it is hugely profitable and full results are available in the first post.

I am more than happy with the live forward trading and we will agree to disagree.

Maybe we can work together in the future as I do appreciate your attention to detail but for now all the best,

Leeb

Reason: