Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 37

bh4v1k:
Try doing this masps, use the same metatrader that you did to run the strategy tester and run it to the date the ea made the live trades. See if the trades match up in backtesting but make sure you use the same metatrader so the data is the same and not slightly off.

Should work out either the same, slightly off or totally different trades but then you'l know whether its a winner.

Happy Pips!

bh4v1k

Thanks, I will test it again and let's see... I will post the results.

Mr.tools, I don't think the EA is opening trades at the breaking of the global variable levels because I see the price goes up and down over those levels and the EA don't close the position. Right now I have a long position open and the price has been below the down level and the EA didn't close the trade. Also I have the same global variables for my 10min offline renko chart and in the 2min renko chart, no difference.

masps:
Thanks, I will test it again and let's see... I will post the results. Mr.tools, I don't think the EA is opening trades at the breaking of the global variable levels because I see the price goes up and down over those levels and the EA don't close the position. Right now I have a long position open and the price has been below the down level and the EA didn't close the trade. Also I have the same global variables for my 10min offline renko chart and in the 2min renko chart, no difference.

Masp my uneducated guess is Ea after closing an order is taking the ticks from the offline chart to determine the high and low, being that offline chart in generated in ticks,so not sure how to make it read the Renko blocks.

has anyone developed a rule based system with renko that has an edge to it?

oh and lords, how is the foward testing going??

it seems like the trend is our friend, if there is one. else if doesn't do very well.

masps:
I know guys this thread is basically related to trading heiken ashi with renko charts but I have been doing some backtesting on renko charts using different strategies and EAs because I believe this is it. Renko charts has a lot of potential, way more than regular charts.

I did test the EA I have attached here, the Hilo breakout, using renko and it opened trades for me on a renko chart while testing it with the strategy builder on the metatrader platform with awesome results!! Just look at the picture. But I can't make it to open trades in live market on the offline renko chart. I don't know why. There are many other EAs like the same heiken ashi EA we have been talking about here that will open trades on an offline renko chart, also the macd Ea will works on an offline chart, etc,. but this one I can't make it trade.

I think if we can fix it, we'll nail it, that's it. So please, can someone take a look at the EA code to see if we can make open trades on an offline renko chart? This Ea what it does is just basically following the renko bars direction, doesn't use any indicator, just pure price action. It was design to use on a breakout of a daily candle but it works like a sharm on renko bars.

Jetsetwillyx, thaks a lot for offering your help as as programmer, that's what we need here. Would you give it a try?

Hi

What's it your renko setting on 5mins charts?

Kaveh

kaveh:
Hi

What's it your renko setting on 5mins charts?

Kaveh

Hi Kaveh, I was backtesting the HiLo EA on renko charts using a 5 min offline chart with 1 pip renko bar size. You have to choose 5 min chart just to make it works on the strategy tester because you can not open a 2 min chart in the tester, but the 5 min offline chart and the 2 min offline chart look exactly the same. I did test 2 different renko scripts, the original RenkoScript posted by Mr.Nims in the first post of this thread and the RenkoLiveChartv1.3 script that someone posted later on. And I have to tell you they gave me completly different results.

The RenkoLiveChartv1.3 gave me fantastic results while the RenkoScript gave me terrible results, completly the opposite. So I still need to do some more testing. Also the EA seems to work and open trades perfectly on the strategy tester but when I attach it to an offline chart during live trading I think is not opening trades they way it should do.

I am posting a pic. of EA during testing for you to see. That's the way it suppose to open trades in real time. So I have to keep testing and see.

Files:

masps:
Hi Kaveh, I was backtesting the HiLo EA on renko charts using a 5 min offline chart with 1 pip renko bar size. You have to choose 5 min chart just to make it works on the strategy tester because you can not open a 2 min chart in the tester, but the 5 min offline chart and the 2 min offline chart look exactly the same. I did test 2 different renko scripts, the original RenkoScript posted by Mr.Nims in the first post of this thread and the RenkoLiveChartv1.3 script that someone posted later on. And I have to tell you they gave me completly different results.

The RenkoLiveChartv1.3 gave me fantastic results while the RenkoScript gave me terrible results, completly the opposite. So I still need to do some more testing. Also the EA seems to work and open trades perfectly on the strategy tester but when I attach it to an offline chart during live trading I think is not opening trades they way it should do.

I am posting a pic. of EA during testing for you to see. That's the way it suppose to open trades in real time. So I have to keep testing and see.

Guys i found a great renko development topic, Lot of updated scripts/indicator and EA versions for renko.

I'm deciding to dig into that thread to find the best one, i think there is a better renko than the script im using from mr.nims.

here is the topic. -----> Renko Block Charts @ Forex Factory

3 Cheers, i dug out 800pips this week on gbpusd alone from my posted strategy

lordsfxt:
Guys i found a great renko development topic, Lot of updated scripts/indicator and EA versions for renko.

I'm deciding to dig into that thread to find the best one, i think there is a better renko than the script im using from mr.nims.

That's the one I was using for testing the EA that gave me great results. The one posted at the beginning of this tread it didn't. I think because they calculate renko bars different ways.

By the way, Lordsfx, please could you explain for us again or post some examples about how you exit the trades? I understood was when you get a signal from HA smooth bar but I see a lot of white dots down there so I still don't understand that part of your strategy. Please, can you be kind to explain again. Thanks

lordsfxt:

Congrats Lordsfxt! Glad you're still having great success from this strategy. Have you tried any of the EA's on this thread yet (by masps, etc)? If so, what have been your results?

If you get the chance could you please post a screenshot of your entry and exit using your strategy? It would be appreciated.

Also, please keep us posted on the other renko findings...Thx again for sharing! :-)

lordsfxt:

congrats...

lordsfxt:

Why you don't use the renko expert that Fxbs posted !

It works live and it works good !

Reason: