Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 34

masps:
For those who would like to do some backtesting using renko charts there is a way to do it. This is how I did it:

Close all your open charts, then close your platform and then restart it again. Open 1 min chart for the pair you want to test and attach to it the renko script and modify script settings to timeframe 5, 15, 30, etc. depending of which timeframe you want to test, but it needs to be any timeframe of the normally used by the platform. Once you do this open that timeframe as an offline chart. Then open the strategy tester and this one will use the data from the offline renko chart you selected for testing. Once you are done close everything again and next time you open the normal chart it will get updated by itself and you will see the normal candles.

Hope it helps. At least it works fine for me.

Fantastic! This was really helpful!

Hello Lordsfxt,

Can you post the HA indicator that you use when you exit the trade? Masps posted in the first post on this thread that you did not post that indicator.

Regards,

Jeff

lordsfxt:

azjeff:
Hello Lordsfxt,

Can you post the HA indicator that you use when you exit the trade? Masps posted in the first post on this thread that you did not post that indicator.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi, all the indicators I'm using are from this topic. click the paperclip icon on the right u should see all the files attached on this topic.

azjeff:
Hello Lordsfxt,

Regards,

Jeff

Sorry, I never said that. What I said was that the EA won't close trades according to that indicator. The indicator was posted by Lordsfx long time ago, check previous post. Anyway, I am attaching here. That's the one he uses for exit.

lordsfxt:

I am glad it help you...

By the way, are you testing the EA about your system posted here?

lordsfxt

Could you please explain the logic of installing HA over Renko. It was my understanding that renko does a good job of identifying trends. So what role does the HA candels play in this.

Looking at the charts posted I can only see HA candles so the then how is the chart modified with this combination of charting.

I am throughly confused and would truly appreciate your clarification. I realise that it appears to be a profitable system but would like to understand the reasoning behind it.

Thank you in advance for your enlightenment and all you posting effort.

user4001, HELP (please) with your scalping chart setup

user4001:
I try different settings with the attached indicators on a renko chart 4 pip box. Not sure if it will be profitable but it look good on the chart

Hi, user4001. Your chart setup for scalping looks great, but I've been unable to re-create it, unfortunately. ?

Could you advise:

(a) does your chart use the Renkoashi script (posted by Mr Nims) with a 4-Pip Renko (Brick) Range; or if it doesn't, which script does it use?

(b) what indicators, with their exact settings (or a template with their settings, if that's easier for you) are used to complete the chart setup?

Many thanks, in anticipation.

I've been backtesting and there is not enough EA logic programmed.

FX Prime is an ea based on scalping a very good short term system.

user4001:
You can load the attached EA on a 1 minute chart and make the box size you want in the input section.Make the Renko Time frame any time frame but try to avoid the same numbers as the mt4 charts and other renko timeframes which you already use. In the common section of the EA put ticks in

Enable alerts,Allow live trading,Allow DLL imports ,Allow import of external experts.

After you loaded the expert go to File -Open Offline and than open the chart with the number you use for the timeframe in the EA. Your chart should look like the picture I attached The EA is from Forex Factory

Thank you for the renko Ea. Please, can you tell us what indicator you have attached to your chart? I mean the green and red on your renko bars. Thanks

masps:
For those who would like to do some backtesting using renko charts there is a way to do it. This is how I did it:

Close all your open charts, then close your platform and then restart it again. Open 1 min chart for the pair you want to test and attach to it the renko script and modify script settings to timeframe 5, 15, 30, etc. depending of which timeframe you want to test, but it needs to be any timeframe of the normally used by the platform. Once you do this open that timeframe as an offline chart. Then open the strategy tester and this one will use the data from the offline renko chart you selected for testing. Once you are done close everything again and next time you open the normal chart it will get updated by itself and you will see the normal candles.

Hope it helps. At least it works fine for me.

Hi

Show us from 2000-2009 backtseting with this set up ,

Every candels 100pips

Time Frame 15mins

Kaveh

Reason: