Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 33

ryiming:
Hellow Masps,

First of all, thank you for your great contribution to this thread.

I think the logic should be, the EA should open trades only when the trend changes from long to short or vise verse.

So you need one more previous bar to determine the trend change:

double HAOpen2 = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,2,Current + 2);

double HAClose2 =iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new", MaPeriod,MaMetod,Step,BetterFormula,T3Average,T3Hot,T3Original,3,Current + 2);

Now the trigger condition should be:

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Long" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 > HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Long";

if(TradingTime != "Outside Trading Times" && (HADirection == "Short" || HADirection == "Not Used") && HAOpen2 < HAClose2) TradeTrigger = "Open Short";

The exit condition should not change:

close short when HADirection is long

close long when HADirection is short

I am not a programmer, but hope this helps.

Makes alot of sense, this is how I would do it too.

See attached EA with changes and indicator that is called from EA.

kaveh; your system is very good too, I will be trying it as well.

the chart that I try to upload dosn't work with this system.

EA will not exit according to Lordsfx rules

Hi guys, I was doing some back testing to check how the EA will open and close trades and I have noticed something and I want to warn you guys about this.

The EA will not exit according to the rules given by the user Lordsfx. Lordsfx uses another type of HA indicator for his exit, the HA smoothed Alert Bar, and this EA is based only on HA MA T3 to open and close trades. So I don't know how this will affect profit.

Also I notice that the EA will not use stop & reverse signals to open and close trades. If we get a buy signal for example and there is a sell open, it will close the sell position but it will not open a long position, and viceversa. See the picture below.

I think the EA needs serious fixing. If someone here would like to change the coding, is more than welcome.

Files:
1.gif  26 kb

lordsfxt:
Enter when you see the arrow, exit when heiken ashi candle/bottom window bar changes color, re-enter if the color changes back into the trend.

50-100pips Stoploss only for protection., do not go with anything more than 5% of the balance in a trade.

10pip renko bars, you need to open a M10 offline chart and apply the template onto it.

Thank you mr Lordsfxt for your system. I would like to test it also but have a problem with simulator. It stop responding after testing one day in a chart. I also found that it is not clear how you manage to close your trade (after previous candle close or after first sign of changing direction on existing candle). It is very critical because on a simulator it gave me a close-- re-entry signal 3-4 times on the same candle. And also the price can jump 50 pips against you if to look for close signal at the beginning of a new candle. I think this question is very important for everyone who wants to test your system.

Hello Masps,

Many thanks for making an ea for lords version. Could you make one for kaveh's version?

Regards,

Jeff

masps:
kaveh; your system is very good too, I will be trying it as well.

Hi azjeff, it wasn't me who coded the EA. It was posted here by the one who started this thread I think and what I did with help of other user was to modify it to try to adjust it to Lordsfx trading system, but I am not a programmer. I wish I could code...

forward testing experts

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179664

hope we will get more posters

:-)

Backtesting Renko Charts

For those who would like to do some backtesting using renko charts there is a way to do it. This is how I did it:

Close all your open charts, then close your platform and then restart it again. Open 1 min chart for the pair you want to test and attach to it the renko script and modify script settings to timeframe 5, 15, 30, etc. depending of which timeframe you want to test, but it needs to be any timeframe of the normally used by the platform. Once you do this open that timeframe as an offline chart. Then open the strategy tester and this one will use the data from the offline renko chart you selected for testing. Once you are done close everything again and next time you open the normal chart it will get updated by itself and you will see the normal candles.

Hope it helps. At least it works fine for me.

Reason: