Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 117

for TraderDuke

If you find more profitable exiting settings on the Mauro EA than mine or any other EA that is profitable with renko bars, please share. I need that Lamborghini. If I find a good setup with indicators that would be nice for an EA I'll let you know.

Files:

For airic77

airic77:
If you find more profitable exiting settings on the Mauro EA than mine or any other EA that is profitable with renko bars, please share. I need that Lamborghini. If I find a good setup with indicators that would be nice for an EA I'll let you know.

Paybacks are great! I'm looking forward to testing Mauro.

I managed to write a EA using the MA 5 only with Renko-10 Eurusd. The trailing stop of 10 is probably usless and the Stoploss & takeprofit don't work for the sell side. but with all its flaws it has a 3.03 Profit factor without MM.

I started by used the MACD sampleEA. I am not a programmer, can't you tell. Test it , improve on it, let me know and i'm looking forward to Sunday.

Files:

traderduke:
I started by used the MACD sampleEA. I am not a programmer, can't you tell. Test it , improve on it, let me know and i'm looking forward to Sunday.

Here is a possible correction for your expert:

Looking for buy possibility

// check for long position (BUY) possibility

//if(Close[0] >MaHC && Open[0] >MaHC && Close[1] <MaHP || Open[1] <MaHP)

if(Close[0] >MaHC && (Close[0]-10*pointvalue) >MaHC && Close[1] <MaHP || Open[1] <MaHP)

[/CODE]

Looking for sell possibility

[CODE] // check for short position (SELL) possibility

//if (Close[0] <MaLC && Open[0] MaLP || Open[1] >MaLP)

if (Close[0] <MaLC && (Close[0]+10*pointvalue) MaLP || Open[1] >MaLP)

Pay attention!

traderduke:
I managed to write a EA using the MA 5 only with Renko-10 Eurusd

There is something what good to know when you backtest the renko charts. When a new trend comes the backtester will automatically know the open price of the new candle. But in the live trading you can never know this information!

For example if we are using 10 pip renko boxes:

We are in the end of an up trend and the last up candle just finished. Normally in live trading the next candle open price will be the same price what was the previous candle's close price. And because a down trend comes this candle will be 19 pip long to down side and in that moment when we went down the 20th pip the candle will modify itself and it's open price will be the previous up candle open price and it will get a 10pip wick on the top.

The question is: How to avoid this?

When you developing and backtesting an EA on renko charts newer use the open price of the last known candle (Open[0]) for trade decision or work only on already closed candles!

(Sorry about my poor english. I hope everyone can understand what i tried to explain...)

Yes I agree with you Kupak

kupak:
There is something what good to know when you backtest the renko charts. When a new trend comes the backtester will automatically know the open price of the new candle. But in the live trading you can never know this information!

We are in the end of an up trend and the last up candle just finished. Normally in live trading the next candle open price will be the same price what was the previous candle's close price. And because a down trend comes this candle will be 19 pip long to down side and in that moment when we went down the 20th pip the candle will modify itself and it's open price will be the previous up candle open price and it will get a 10pip wick on the top.

When you developing and backtesting an EA on renko charts newer use the open price of the last known candle (Open[0]) for trade decision or work only on already closed candles!

(Sorry about my poor english. I hope everyone can understand what i tried to explain...)

The strategy tester gives cheated results because it knows where the historical data will end up and open prices are dynamic on renko charts and are useless as a testing parameter!

Any other suggestions to avoid the generic flaws of strategy tester?

Peace and thankyou!

airic77:
The strategy tester gives cheated results because it knows where the historical data will end up and open prices are dynamic on renko charts and are useless as a testing parameter!

Any other suggestions to avoid the generic flaws of strategy tester?

Peace and thankyou!

Check out Easy EA that works on breaking trendlines...it is perfect for Renko...not a Holy Grail...but close...(with oscillator)

Thanks Pava. I'll. check it out today!

Pava:
Check out Easy EA that works on breaking trendlines...it is perfect for Renko...not a Holy Grail...but close...(with oscillator)

Much Success to everyone.

Bad Tester!!

kupak:

Kupak

Thanks for the EA suggestions , I'll try them tonight.

I have 4 EAs that test GREAT but will kill you live because they make their EA candle decisions during the candle run, they sell then short in a long trend, instead of after the close of the candle. I have had several suggestions;: newbar , Bool newbar, Timeprev, static datetime with newbar, as to how to use the "close of the last candle" but all have failed either they stop the trading all together or they are inefffective. If you have any suggestions please , please let me know. I would be happy to post the best potential Renko EA , it test great with Renko but it buys and sells during the candle in fact it is attached. it RR's Heiken Ashi. Try it, test it but live run it for reality. Maybe between us we can make it profitable. There are many aspects to this EA , some of which I haven't even tried yet. It was converted to ECN " no SL or TP in the OrderSend and 3& 5 digit brokers. Have fun, get back to me.

Thanks again for your interest

Files:

airic77:
Should they exist? See pic at wicks. Does it affect trading if you're using mas that use his and lows for calculations? Pava how did you add the oscillator to the EASY EA? Use EA with trendlines right? What about one with Horizontal lines?

I believe there is a setting on renko script "show wicks -false/true"...I just attach oscillator to the chart...I manually draw trendline...right click it and in trendline properties name it bs - for buy or ss - for sell...you can't use horizontal lines with this ea...you can draw trendline horizontally

Ea

Pava:
I believe there is a setting on renko script "show wicks -false/true"...I just attach oscillator to the chart...I manually draw trendline...right click it and in trendline properties name it bs - for buy or ss - for sell...you can't use horizontal lines with this ea...you can draw trendline horizontally

Does EA really need for Ranko system? I trade manually with some simple indicator and I think OK without EA.

But if someone can write an EA for my system, I should give a try. See my trading result for 2 days with renko.

Files:
my_renko.gif  40 kb
Reason: