Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 111

clocksley:
Be really careful with this indicator - it is not a sign that a peak or trough has been reached, merely that one could be due soon. I have seen the top semafor get pushed over 100 pips higher after it initially appears, so only use it as a sign that a change of direction COULD be soon, and not a sign to reverse on seeing it!

What he said. I've test-driven this indicator after you-know-who started touting it and I've seen the same thing. Basically the little tag that it generates only stops moving after the turning point has already formed. When you see a chart with the turning points so clearly marked, it's enough to make you wet yourself if you don't know how they got there.

Also, this indi has absolutely nothing to do with the original subject of this thread.

agreed

The semaphore is just another indicator. I do not use it for this system and I believe the existing template and inductors posted on the first page are that is needed to trade this system. My goal is always to reduce the number of indicators on the screen to a bear minimum. Less is more or KISS however you want to say it

regards

N

henryloving:
Thanks to Homestudy and nichmead, would you please explain a little about the indicator? Be really careful with this indicator - it is not a sign that a peak or trough has been reached, merely that one could be due soon. I have seen the top semafor get pushed over 100 pips higher after it initially appears, so only use it as a sign that a change of direction COULD be soon, and not a sign to reverse on seeing it!

A useless indicator which does nothing to enhance this system. Just something else to look at that takes your eye off the ball

Thanks to Homestudy and nichmead, would you please explain a little about the indicator?

homestudy:

It is a zig zag indicator. Yes they move around with the price but can be useful at showing turning points. You just need to use something else with it to validate the turn. Some like em some don't. If you google its name you will be able to find out much more on it.

please add sound alert to indicator

Can someone please add a soundbox alert to the IINWMARROWS indicator from post 1. They provide extremely early entries when you use them with the renkolivechart v3.2. They even provide earlier entries compared to the xpMA indicator. The indicators just lacks a sound alert which makes you watch the screen for hours.

Files:

airic77:
Can someone please add a soundbox alert to the IINWMARROWS indicator from post 1. They provide extremely early entries when you use them with renko charts. They even provide earlier entries compared to the xpMA indicator. The indicators just lacks sound alert which makes you watch the screen for hours.

hi, you dont really need the alert, just use the New Candle Alarm. When there is a new candle alert, then just check the specific currency and see if the inwmarrows arrow is there. MHO.

airic77:
Yes, but the alarm on just the indicator would help reduce the amount of trips to the computer. I'm already using the new candle alert, it's way to frequent for my purpose of just looking for the indicator arrows alone. Thanks though.

yes, you are right! It would be GREAT to have an alert for the indicator.

Files:

ljyljl5555:
hi, you dont really need the alert, just use the New Candle Alarm. When there is a new candle alert, then just check the specific currency and see if the inwmarrows arrow is there. MHO.

Yes, but the alarm on just the indicator would help reduce the amount of trips to the computer. I'm already using the new candle alert, it's way to frequent for my purpose of just looking for the indicator arrows. The buy and sell signals of the IINWMARROWS indicator sit so nicely on the Renko Charts. It just needs a sound alarm. Can someone please help add it. Thanks.

IINWMARROWS is actually the EMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 underneath...

its just LWMA with a tweak...

there are already alerts for EMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4.....

i am sceptical of IINWMARROWS if you look at the non repainting version you will see why.

use search and google to do a little digging for yourselves...

Thanks

Got it and thanks for the reminder, agreed. I am just curios what it is, do not have interest to use it if it is zigzag stuff.

And I have a suggestion, is there anyone using Nim's original system for trading, how about updating us the performance. I am using it on USDJPY with 5 pip renko chart, the result is pretty good!

nickmead:
The semaphore is just another indicator. I do not use it for this system and I believe the existing template and inductors posted on the first page are that is needed to trade this system. My goal is always to reduce the number of indicators on the screen to a bear minimum. Less is more or KISS however you want to say it

regards

N
Reason: