Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 113

Rename File

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcguy007

Can you tell me how to rename them?, when i open offline chart i don't see anywhere to create new ones and or rename them.thanks for the help.

Go to EA properties (press F7 or right click any part of the chart). Set Renko Time Frame to 6 (or any name you want for the offline chart).

My result following above

From fileoffline I selected a 5min chart, On the open 5min chart I hit F7 or right click chart to get the EA properties as above. No respond.

What are steps to make a new chart or rename the 5min?

Thanks for help

mauro settings

How have these settings for the Mauro_trailing EA worked out for you?

I'll start posting my results this week

Here are some explanations

3. Trail.pips = 15 ?

Just like metatraders standard trailing stop, as the price moves the SL follows 15 pips behind.

4. Trail start after break even (true) ?

The trailing stop only kicks in at BE

5. move to break even at.pips = 15 ?

6. move to break even.lock = 15 ?

Be careful here because you have the SL move to +15 when the price mover to +15, so if it comes back even 1 pip you will be closed out. Best to set Lock pips some distance back from move to break even.

7. move trail every.xx.pips = 0 ?

This adjust how many pips the price has to move before your trailing stop moves. I set mine to 5 to take some of the noise out.

8. use ADR for sl.pips (false) ?

This uses the Average Daily Range to set the SL I leave false because I want to manually set SL

9. tsl.divisor (default at 0.4) ?

Havent a clue!!

cheers

N

airic77:
I haven't seen this version repaint yet. It seems pretty stable on the renko charts. I've also noticed that some indicators that normally repaint frequently on regular time charts, do so less often on Renko charts. I'm not sure why?

For instance if you watch the behavior of the KG GGH Signal indicator on a regular time chart it would repaint aproximately three times more often then it would if applied to a renko chart.

I've also noticed from the strategy tester that Renko charts with wicks also provide more accurate signals from indicators (meaning less false signals) compared to Renko charts without wicks. So to be on the safe side, make sure you are using the fixed EA and script, that allow you to have wicks in your charts. They are the Renkolivechartv1.7 script and Renkolivechartv3.2 EA.

INNARROWS repaints big time on renko charts too. That is why if you look at historical PA on renko chart, this indicator seems to give perfect signals, but on realtime PA, it gives many fake signals and it repaints its arrows based on the direction of the subsequent bar yet to be formed. I had designed a EA based on this indicator and it gave me so many fake trades that l had to abandoned its use.

Do you know anything more reliable and profitable than IINWMARROWS?

kerty9:
INNARROWS repaints big time on renko charts too. That is why if you look at historical PA on renko chart, this indicator seems to give perfect signals, but on realtime PA, it gives many fake signals and it repaints its arrows based on the direction of the subsequent bar yet to be formed. I had designed a EA based on this indicator and it gave me so many fake trades that l had to abandoned its use.

I'm trying to find a good exiting EA right now to automate and manage my exits. There's so many of them it's hard to choose and the settings are also overwhelming. If anyone know of any that work great, please let me know okay. I can't test them on LJ trading simulator because they don't open buy and sell signals, they just close them. Does anyone know of any trading simulator, that can test exiting EAs?

Good luck everyone.

trade manager

I use the one attached it offers more features and I use and even lets you drag and drop the SL and TP lines with your mouse

cheers

N

Files:

alert for IINWMARROWS

kerty9:

Do you have an alert version? Or can you attach one please I would appreciate it much.

settings

I'll check it out. Do you recommend your settings over mine's and default's as well for Mauro's EA?

I like to keep my trades "right side up" That is with a bigger initial TP than SL. This year I'm all about ROI

Let's say for instance the USD/JPY pair. What settings do you recommend trying with the Quik_Trailing EA.

SL 25 TP 50 take half of at 25 and mover remainder to +1.

For the Renko system, I like having a SL of about 17 - 23 pips,

I use 25

TS of about 5 -10 pips

I use 15

and the TP around 40-100 pips.

Looks good, I watch it around news and round numbers

I'm thinking of abandoning the break even and lock profit technique from Mauro's ea and just using the SL, TP and TS options.

I'm thinking of abandoning TS and just using SL and TP

If you give a trade a little more room; a larger stop loss. You can be expected to win more trades. But will that give you better return on their money. (If you are in this for maximum pip gain stop reading here)

Lets just say you want to open with a $1000 account and want to risk 5% per trade. 5% of $1000 is $50. Now if you have a system with a 15 pip SL and a 75 pip TP. Then you would trade with 3 minis and risk $45. If the trade hit its TP you would make $225. Not bad for a 5% risk.

Sorry for the long post

N

nickmead:
I use the one attached it offers more features and I use and even lets you drag and drop the SL and TP lines with your mouse

cheers

N

I'll check it out. Do you recommend your settings over mine's and default's as well for Mauro's EA? Let's say for instance the USD/JPY pair. What settings do you recommend trying with the Quik_Trailing EA. For the Renko system, I like having a SL of about 23 pips and the TP around 40-100 pips. Settings differ for every pair of course, but since I like trading multiple pairs, simplification helps me with risk management calculations. These settings for most major pairs with low spreads.

Thanks again.

Reason: