Pimpology Lives On - Intensive Care for Newbies - page 23

EURUSD head & shoulder

EURUSD head & shoulder forming on D1? I'm hoping it is. This would be the best birthday present . I've still got 2 more lots left to bank.

Salat

Files:
090611-01.gif  47 kb

hi,

can you post tpl. of pimpology

badger1777:
Hi All

V quick explanation of a technique that added to my trading of the pimp and fx500 skills today. I've been taught this as the 'tunnel pattern' but I don't know if that is correct - it is simply a predictive pattern technique that really helps IF you are focused enough on a few pairs to monitor the DETAIL during each session. Also could be called 'flags', depending on how they form up.

I make that point because I have so often been tempted into watching more pairs than I can handle - it is not worth it. Start with a few until you know them inside out and then try and add on - it makes it so much easier to spot those double tops and divergences, etc, etc, when you are expert in a few pairs.

Anyway, enough of me ramblings - here's the thing i worked on today with USDJPY - 3 perfect predictive patterns today:

1hr chart -

1. There are 3 tunnel patterns. 1st was when I woke up and switched on about 6am. Price had risen from 97.10 and was consolidating (see pic of 15min chart) with a high of 97.69, a rise of 59 pips.

2. I made the low of the channel where price consolidated as 97.47. From this channel price broke higher and I looked for a 60 pip gain - price rose to 98.06 - a rise of 59 pips.... an exact replica of the last break higher - to the pip!

3. Price consolidated again and I made the low of the consolidation channel as 97.83 with the high at 98.06 as mentioned. On the break of this level, price rose again - and by now I knew exactly where I suspected the turning point would come - at near enough 60 pips higher. I make the top of the current extension as 98.44, which is 61 pips...

It doesn't always work like this but it does often enough if you are expert in a few pairs - if you are not familiar with this, please back-test it. Break-out, consolidation, break-out again - almost the same distance each time...

Please see the 1hr chart and 15min chart attached. Hope this is useful to you. I played these very effectively as profit targets and reversal points today.

Best wishes

Mike

Mike,

Try this indi, see if the support & resistance matches you tunnel pattern.

Salat

Files:

Trend lines on CCI

Wow, it's quiet here since I have my little incident with the Doctor. Seems that he's not coming back so I guess I can continue with out any distraction.

Anyway, in one of my previous posts here I wrote about using trend lines on the CCI indicator. Turned out I was not wrong in doing it and for recommending it to you guys. I was browsing other Forex related sites and came across an article that writes about the same thing, using trend lines on CCI indicator. His method however is different in its application. Where when I place the trend lines looking for divergences, his method was using the trend lines looking for a break in CCI trend.

His method was make an entry when there's a break in CCI trend, then when put another trend line following the new CCI trend and exit when the new trend is broken.

So then this morning I tried this new method and incorporate it into Zak's method. The result is .............. (drum roll please)....... excellent!!! I made, well I'm not going to say how many pips I made. Someone might mistake me by thinking that I'm showing off and looking to get a recognition instead of just like to share trading experiences with fellow newbies like me . You can check out the result from the chart below. Not bad for first try, or maybe it my good karma bringing me luck .

Please note that I tested this new method during news, and I check the H4 time frame off all three currency pairs for trend and channel. On EURUSD, there was a clear channel going down on the H4 although there was also a small sub-channel going up inside the main channel. On both GBPUSD and AUDUSD, there was the triangle trend going down.

Both EURUSD and AUDUSD are crossing down their H4 120MA, while on GBPUSD, price crossed was retesting its 50MA.

On first CCI down trend break on the M5 time frame, I bank 3/5 of my lot. I'm letting the rest ride and monitoring in on the M15 time frame. I got out from the GBPUSD. No sense pushing my luck on new method, but I think 100+ pips in less than an hour is too good for me already, no need to be greedy.

I'll be testing this new entry method on Zak's method and will post updates on it's uses and outcomes.

Salat

PS. Sorry for the huge chart.

H4 Trend and Channel

M5 Entry on M15 21CCI break. Notice the fast 4CCIs is also down.

CCI Trend Lines

Entered another trade on M5. There was a head & shoulder, and M5 20MA bounced of M5 60MA. The 63CCI support has been crossed. Price has crossed M5 240MA or H1 20MA. There should be a retest and hopefully price will continue on downward.

First target M5 960MA and final target is M5 600MA. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Salat

CCI Trend Lines

After much praying and sweating, my first target was hit. The 63CCI crossed above the trend line before it, signaling me to close the trade. However, I have faith and trust in Zak's method so I stayed with my trade.

Not long after that came the Unemployement News and the US session started, Then boom! My stop got hit. Good thing my first target got hit first, so I escaped with +6 pips.

Now the question is, almost all of my trades got stopped during the US session. The US session has not been kind to me. Like my AUDUSD trade today. My free trade went as far as 50+ pips. I put my stop at break even and it still got hit. Am I doing something wrong? Am I putting too much hope on my trades to go far that it's clouding my judgement? Is anyone else having the same problem as I do during the US session.

Thank God my money/trade management is able save me.

Salat

CCI trendlines supporting price action

Hello All and thanks Salat for the Fib indie - I will check this out asap.

I really like Salat's posts on the CCI trendlines. I also use them, both for divergence and support and resistance. I think they are a must!

Before I found Pimpology I found a great website full of info on the CCI. I will post the link at the bottom of this. Some people have used the CCI in amazing ways, even to the extent of replacing price bars with just the CCI! I picked up a lot of tips on interpreting the CCI from this site and wish you well with it, I really believe it adds to the use of the pimpology methods.

I am posting a screenshot of cable from yesterday (fri) and have highlighted how the CCI's rally helped me interpret the strength of price action and gave me the confidence to get into 2 amazing trades. It is the confidence they give me that makes a difference to me. Maybe one day all I will need are price bars.... but for now, the CCI rocks.

Entry 1. Consolidation pattern on price chart and my 21 CCI. At the point of my first trendline break on the CCI my trigger went off and price leapt up. That was my entry (I enter on candle closes)

You can see that the price rose fast and then consolidated. At one point it dips down and on the CCI you see how the resistance line that was broken now becomes support - classic. We get another burst of upwards movement and then the sharp reversal.

Note how the reversal move downwards co-incides on the CCI with the break of the 0.0 line at the same time as the break of the Trendlines. I didn't take this trade as my 1hr CCI (84 on 15m chart) trend was still up and I am playing with the trend.

Entry 2. Price found support on 1hr20 EMA and bounced back into trend. I waited for the trigger to go off for my entry and watched for the 21 CCI to recross 0.0 - at the same time as it broke all the resistance trendlines on the CCI. I was nervous as the move had gone a long way but on the flip side I knew there was a lot of momentum. I trusted to the price action and CCI. What a powerful move it was.

Note how once price started to retrace again, the CCI showed it retracing to the previous resistance trendline which now became support, and there was another push higher of 65 pips.

Using Salat's ideas for exiting at breaks of the trendlines I could have used the break back below the CCI trendline to signal trade close or at least the majority off the table. I have a big stop for this so have closed the majority and hope we will see the start of a new upward cycle for the pound perhaps. If so, I will be using my CCIs again and again to get back into trend!

Website for CCI info: Ken Wood aka Woodie & the CCI indicator

I think this site goes back a long way in time but there is a lot of good info there. Hope you find it useful.

Best wishes all

Mike

Om_Salat:
Mike,

Try this indi, see if the support & resistance matches you tunnel pattern.

Salat

Hi Salat

I couldn't get the indi to work - it's creating an error txt file in my expers/indicators folder. Any chance you could check and repost, or put me straight?

Here's what I did - normal procedure, downloaded and placed in Metatrader/experts/indicators. Then fired up MT4 but it wouldn't appear in my list of custom indis and on checking the folders I found a txt file had been created by MT4 with a list of errors related to the fib indi.

Many thanks

Badger

FX Pimp:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your contributions to the thread.

I have had problems in the past of some undesirables trying to sell my templates on Ebay (as mentioned in previous thread)

I have also had 3 laptops stolen in the past and have found the strategy popping up in other locations (again for sale)

I don't even keep it on my PC anymore.

Email me and I'll send you a link to a live trade room where you can pick it up

Cheers

Hi there,

Im a total newbie here and may I say how wonderful it is to see all this work you have done so generously Mr FX P. May I please request a copy of above as well? Note - I have NO idea how to email you...!!! Or Even how to PM anyone!!! (Sorry to be so clutzy!)...

I've also read about 25 pages and my shoulders are killing me!!! ) I'd really love a copy of the Trading Instructions. I have the template setup - looks great!! All I need now is to figure out what it all means and how the strategy works? Again - God Bless for your wonderful contribution!! . PS I just joined The Boiler Room on skype!

badger1777:
Hi Salat

I couldn't get the indi to work - it's creating an error txt file in my expers/indicators folder. Any chance you could check and repost, or put me straight?

Here's what I did - normal procedure, downloaded and placed in Metatrader/experts/indicators. Then fired up MT4 but it wouldn't appear in my list of custom indis and on checking the folders I found a txt file had been created by MT4 with a list of errors related to the fib indi.

Sorry, I guess you needed both file in your indicator folder for it to work.

Here you go.

Files:
fib_sr.mq4  4 kb
Reason: