Pimpology Lives On - Intensive Care for Newbies - page 17

Silly me...

Om_Salat:

BTW, if anyone like my overlapping arrows indicator, it's attached. You add two to your chart just like the MA lines. Set one with default setting with color yellow, this serve as your get ready signal. The red and blue ones is setup with the 4, 5, or 7 EMA with a crossing of the 20 EMA according to your fast EMAs on your timeframe, this is your triger signal. When red or blue arrow over laps or touches yellow arrow or both arrows lined up horizontally, it's a sure break out or crossing and just pull the trigger.

Silly me, I forgot to attach the indicator. And one more thing about the MA Crossing indi is that it works as your exit signal too! It works well for entering trade in M5 timeframe.

After your entry, switch to higher timeframe chart. IF RIGHT AFTER you enter, then an overlapped arrow (MA Crossing indi) appear on the H1 chart, you can leave the trade run to go do your bathroom duties or some other things with your spouse if you're married. IF RIGHT AFTER you enter, one appears on the H4 timeframe, then you can leave it to go to the mall, bar, or watch a movie. IF RIGHT AFTER you enter, one appears on the D1 chart.... forget it no one's that lucky. Maybe Zak or Dan is that good, but none of us newbies. Just remember to ALWAYS use money management. Take some profit out and move you stops to at least break even.

Take a look at the attached chart. Now lets see if this indi works as it should through this heavy news days of today and tomorrow. My entry is at the red horizontal line or the gray elipse at the M5 chart as shown in my previous post. So the overlapped arrow appears on the H4 chart AFTER I entered my trade in M5 timeframe. My 3 MAs in H4 are lined up correctly, and my stop is just above the M15 50 MA. We'll see if day with so many news as today and tomorrow will have any effect on higher timeframe trading.

Oh, and I know we should not be trading today with all the interest rate and bank statement news today and tomorrow. I'm just testing how my target shooting with "telescopic" equiped rifle fares against all day news trading days. I'm just aiming for smaller pips with smaller lots. My stop loss is the previous green candles high for a sell, or the previous red candles low for a buy. So far only one news killed my trades. I'll see if my trade still run or get stopped tomorrow morning. It's past midnight here in Indonesia.

BTW. Also attached is the changing color MA indi. Magenta for down trend, Aqua for up trend, or you can change them to whatever color you like. That way I don't have to look at a bunch of different colored lines. Just 2 colors. These three lines are my guiding star. For MA ordering, I just give them different thickness.

Salat

Files:
24.gif  45 kb

Om_Salat:

BTW, if anyone like my overlapping arrows indicator, it's attached. You add two to your chart just like the MA lines. Set one with default setting with color yellow, this serve as your get ready signal. The red and blue ones is setup with the 4, 5, or 7 EMA with a crossing of the 20 EMA according to your fast EMAs on your timeframe, this is your triger signal. When red or blue arrow over laps or touches yellow arrow or both arrows lined up horizontally, it's a sure break out or crossing and just pull the trigger.

Salat

Hi Salat. I like your MA cross-over indicator but I'm a total newbie when it comes to MT4 and indicators..if it isn't too much trouble, could you please post step-by-step instructions on how to customize the indicator before attaching to your chart?

Thank you.

Salat Indicators

Hi Salat

Thanks for your MA cross indicators they look great. I wondrered if you could help me with a couple of chart set up points.

How do you set up the timer in the top left of your screen "time until end of bar" and how do you get the input title on the CCI indicators ie CCI 84 so you can see the timeframe. yours say Andy West first who i guess was the author.

thanks for your help

Princepessa:
Hi Salat. I like your MA cross-over indicator but I'm a total newbie when it comes to MT4 and indicators..if it isn't too much trouble, could you please post step-by-step instructions on how to customize the indicator before attaching to your chart? .....
cam1965:
Hi Salat

How do you set up the timer in the top left of your screen "time until end of bar" and how do you get the input title on the CCI indicators ie CCI 84 so you can see the timeframe. yours say Andy West first who i guess was the author.

Guys, thanks for you interest. However, since this thread is about Zak's school of Pimpology, please PM me your questions.

Salat

Om_Salat:
Guys, thanks for you interest. However, since this thread is about Zak's school of Pimpology, please PM me your questions. Salat

I tried that already Salat, that's why I had to post my question here. Apparently, I haven't earned PM priviledges yet. Not enough posts I suppose.

H4 trade update

Well guys, it looks like my yesterday's H4 trade withstood the two days with news. Even today's both the Non Farm & Unemployment News. So I guess news does not have any effect on long term trades. Now let's see if this trade will go over to next week, but then there's a big W1 20MA ahead. I'm using Pimpin' M15 50MA as trail stop.

I also took one trade an hour before the Non Farm news that I was going to scalp on the M1 and it survived. I removed my initial stop loss just before news, watch price dances up and down, then boom! I did not even have time to remove my take profit target. So the whole trade got closed immediately whereby I would normally close only part of them 1/3 at a time. But that's what breakout is all about.

I love Pimpin'!!! And with my telescope mounted riffle, the whole forex is my shooting range now. No more jumping into wrong trades. I just draw a couple of trend lines, then wait for the arrows signal to pull the trigger.

The Pimpology methods is all written in this thread. The setup, the trigger, the target, and the trail stop. I'm proving this with real trades on real account. If anyone doubt the Pimp's method, well doubt no more. And BTW, I'm not in anyway related to the ABG group. So I'm not marketing anything .

Almost forgot, attached is a document for MA cross alert the settings. Just remember, to use the rules and methods in this thread. No telescope will do you any good if you go shooting blindly in the dark.

Salat

Files:
28.gif  55 kb
29.gif  146 kb
30.gif  47 kb

Princepessa:
I tried that already Salat, that's why I had to post my question here. Apparently, I haven't earned PM priviledges yet. Not enough posts I suppose.

OK, sorry I didn't know there's a rule about earning priviledges to have private messaging. My email is msalat[at]gmail.com.

Private messaging

To enable private messaging. Go to 'USER CP' -> 'Settings & Options' -> 'Edit Options'. Put a check mark on the 'Enable Private Messaging' check box.

Salat

cam1965:
Hi Salat

Thanks for your MA cross indicators they look great. I wondrered if you could help me with a couple of chart set up points.

thanks for your help

Hi Cam,

The time indicator is attached. On the second question, I don't understand what you mean, but the indicator is also attached.

Salat

Om_Salat:
OK, sorry I didn't know there's a rule about earning priviledges to have private messaging. My email is msalat[at]gmail.com.

Thanks ever so much. I'll study the attachment you posted and e-mail you any further questions.

Reason: