Requests & Ideas - page 396

Solariz:
I only found this one...which is not available.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173811

Can you lead me to a working PPO (percentage price oscillator), so I can test it?

Solariz

Some can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177436

mladen:
Solariz Some can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177436

Yes, but none of them shows the distance in percent or am I blind ?

Solariz:
Yes, but none of them shows the distance in percent or am I blind ?

If you multiply those values you are going to get percents. But since it is using slope for calculation, percentages are going to be small. Percentage Price Oscillator is going to show % only on high time frames - on small time frames it is useless to look for % changes in prices since on a single bar there will be nothing even remotely similar to some big % change on a single bar

mladen:
If you multiply those values you are going to get percents. But since it is using slope for calculation, percentages are going to be small. Percentage Price Oscillator is going to show % only on high time frames - on small time frames it is useless to look for % changes in prices since on a single bar there will be nothing even remotely similar to some big % change on a single bar

So, for MT4 there is no indicator of such kind available. Did I understand you correct? I do not understand too much of the techincal part.

Files:
screen.jpg  183 kb

Solariz:
So, for MT4 there is no indicator of such kind available. Did I understand you correct? I do not understand too much of the techincal part.

Here

Try this one (and use it on daily, weekly or monthly chart - also, you can set the fast EMA to 1 to get that kind of "fast changes") : ppo_2.mq4

Files:
ppo_2.mq4  2 kb

mladen:
Here Try this one (and use it on daily, weekly or monthly chart - also, you can set the fast EMA to 1 to get that kind of "fast changes") : ppo_2.mq4

Thanks Mladen, it is not exactly what I was looking for. The idea was to have it as seen in the screenshot above.

Solariz:
Thanks Mladen, it is not exactly what I was looking for. The idea was to have it as seen in the screenshot above.

Actually it is the same (when the fast ema is set to 1)

Take a look at that chart and check where the price crosses the average that is on the chart - they are on exact places where that oscillator crosses zero line

mladen:
Actually it is the same (when the fast ema is set to 1) Take a look at that chart and check where the price crosses the average that is on the chart - they are on exact places where that oscillator crosses zero line

Thanks Mladen, what I meant was the percentages in plain sight as in the screenshot.

Solariz:
Thanks Mladen, what I meant was the percentages in plain sight as in the screenshot.

As far as I see those are two indicators, not 1.

The one showing the values is the HILO, but why it has 4 parameters I have no idea

Mladen

Excuse me for asking,

Are the alerts in the indicator referred to the condition of displaying arrows or lines

RSI + Bollinger bands 1.02 & lines + alerts + arrows mtf.mq4

Reason: