Blessing 2 - page 79

GAF function always functional

Hallo Iron,

As I understand from the paper, the GAF (Grid adjustment factor) has the function to increase or decrease the base grid number calculated by the ATR indicator.

This implies to me that the GAF is only functional if the AutoCal is switched on.

During my many tests I discovered that this is not the case. GAF is always functional.

This is important to know because it has a dramatic impact on the results.

Best

Antomi

.. other pairs..

Rob,

----------------------------------

For me, it's the average daily range that makes a

difference. I am going to check out other pairs

with a low ADR and demo-test them.

-----------------------------------

EURCHF might be a good candidate, with reasonable spread. Your views !

Thanks

jrous:
Rob,

EURCHF might be a good candidate, with reasonable spread. Your views !

Thanks

It appears that eurchf has an even lower daily range

than usdjpy. However, that doesn't mean that it won't

get into a wicked trend. Witness the screen shot, where

eurchf made a 579-pip move in one day.

Rob

Files:

I think that move in eurchf was a one off, caused by swiss bank announcing that they were going to intefere in the market to control their currency

pudseybear:
I think that move in eurchf was a one off, caused by swiss bank announcing that they were going to intefere in the market to control their currency

Yes, you are correct, but it only takes one "one-off" to

blow an account. Other than that, it does look like it

may be a candidate, provided it has enough "chop"

to make the EA profitable.

Rob

/////It appears that eurchf has an even lower daily range

than usdjpy. However, that doesn't mean that it won't

get into a wicked trend. Witness the screen shot, where

eurchf made a 579-pip move in one day./////

-----------------------------------------------

Rob,

They all do (did) once in a while , what strategy as a counter measure... ?

Counter measure

Rob,

Same pair parallel Swiss Army knife with appropriate S.L. ???

Rob,

They all do (did) once in a while , what strategy as a counter measure... ?

Can't answer that one. I rely on a big balance, correct

set file, right time-frame, and prudent starting lot size.

It's been two months on my live account, so that's

probably not a big enough test, since the biggest

progression has been nine levels. I'm always waiting

for the other shoe to drop, but, so far, it's been smooth

sailing.

Rob

Set files

Rob,

Good method, are you using the set files from post #184 on v5.0 ?

Thanks

Thread Info

All,

I came across this and other discussions on this thread that tells me that folks are just missing the information. Yes, the GAF is always functional, that 's the most recent change in v5.0. Go herefor a list of other changes.

Additionally, the set files herewere developed through HUNDREDS of backtests of literally EVERY pair tradable. I love sprited discussions but I must say that it's very important that everyone understands that this EA has stood the test of time since it's development and has been significantly improved to allow other pairs to trade.

Those other pairs are AUDCAD, USDCAD, and EURUSD. Blessing was developed for the movements on the USDJPY on a daily chart. Folks talk about other pairs and potentials but I want to refocus what this thread is intended for. Fifth wrote the base code (baked the cake) and I created protections and other user friendly features (frosted the cake with sprinkles) all for the purpose of MAKING MONEY. This EA makes money.

It DOES NOT make money fast. It does not make huge amounts quickly. It makes money "in the weeds" so you must ask yourself this, "how much do I need to make in FOREX and how can Blessing assist me in my strategy". My strategy is simple, find/create EAs that will earn 10-20% per month...period. Everyone can do the math and see that a lot of money can be made...over time.

So, in your continued search for the grail, don't look here. Look, instead, here for an EA that gets you small amounts over time. Looking for pairs other than what it was "tricked out" for or changing the code to prevent this or that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about ideas on how to make something that works continue to work in the market place we are experiencing.

I suggest you learn how to optimize EAs. Hereis how I do it. Take Blessing and optimize it with your broker's platform. Share your set file if you like...or don't. Blessing is but a tool to achieve some profit in FOREX and is just one tool in my box of my trading account. Learn to use the tool, not change its purpose.

Happy Trading

v/r

Antomi:
Hallo Iron,

As I understand from the paper, the GAF (Grid adjustment factor) has the function to increase or decrease the base grid number calculated by the ATR indicator.

This implies to me that the GAF is only functional if the AutoCal is switched on.

During my many tests I discovered that this is not the case. GAF is always functional.

This is important to know because it has a dramatic impact on the results.

Best

Antomi
Reason: