Blessing 2 - page 83

BLESSING on ECN broker

Could any of you coding gurus try to make BLESSING work on an ECN account?

In all my tests with ECN connections (mb trading, BOSTON tech LConnection, ActivTrades scalping acc), with starting lot size 0.1, only initial trades are opened but not the consecutive factor x1.4 trades on retracements.

Would really appreciate if someone could look into this.

peri:
Could any of you coding gurus try to make BLESSING work on an ECN account?

In all my tests with ECN connections (mb trading, BOSTON tech LConnection, ActivTrades scalping acc), with starting lot size 0.1, only initial trades are opened but not the consecutive factor x1.4 trades on retracements.

Would really appreciate if someone could look into this.

ECNs are great, but just remember that you could end up with some

pretty big commission costs. With Blessing stacking up orders on a

regular basis, it could end up being expensive.

Rob

bobsters:
OK i see. I ran some backtests for GBPUSD with a set of settings, and it works fine ... attached. Although I guess my backtest may be a bit off because it has some data errors in it.

i am running the ea with this set file right now and also 3 other currency pairs. well see what will happen

historical data for backtests

To all!

Since it isn't possible to download GBPUSD historical data from Alpari anymore I was looking for another source and found this one:

Forex Tester Software - Data Sources

The only problem is that they provide them in txt-format. Does someone know a way to convert these data into hst-format?

I even tried to use there software but witzhout success.

An alternative would be to give me a Link where I can get GBPUSD hst-data.

The reason is that I would like to test piplite and have just data for about 3 weeks.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Best

Antomi

Historical Data

Antomi:
To all!

Since it isn't possible to download GBPUSD historical data from Alpari anymore I was looking for another source and found this one:

Forex Tester Software - Data Sources

The only problem is that they provide them in txt-format. Does someone know a way to convert these data into hst-format?

I even tried to use there software but witzhout success.

An alternative would be to give me a Link where I can get GBPUSD hst-data.

The reason is that I would like to test piplite and have just data for about 3 weeks.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Best

Antomi

OK, problem is solved.

With these probably slightly different data I will make some additional tests. This tells me how robust the system is.

Thanks

Antomi

Antomi:
OK, problem is solved.

With these probably slightly different data I will make some additional tests. This tells me how robust the system is.

Thanks

Antomi

Another way to assess robustness is to trade it on a live

account, with data it has never seen before. That will

get you down to brass tacks.

Rob

PocoDiablo:
Just an FYI - I ran it on a $5k demo account with the default settings. 7 losing trades in a row pretty much blew the account. However - a word to the wise - since then I have started testing robots on multiple brokerages. As it turns out, while some robots perform poorly on one brokerage, they excel on others. If I were testing this again, I would do it on several different brokerages.

I believe you have a broker problem, or something is

not right with your settings, since there are several members on this forum, myself included, who have run Blessing on live accounts, without any problems.

Rob

Foreward test

ChicagoRob:
Another way to assess robustness is to trade it on a live

account, with data it has never seen before. That will

get you down to brass tacks.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I agree completly but always be on the save side!

First I made the backtests, found my settings over a period of 15 months,

now I start to do the foreward tests for a certain period and only when I see how this works I start it on a live account.

I learned that already the hard way!

Best

Antomi

Antomi:
Hi Rob,

I agree completly but always be on the save side!

First I made the backtests, found my settings over a period of 15 months,

now I start to do the foreward tests for a certain period and only when I see how this works I start it on a live account.

I learned that already the hard way!

Best

Antomi

I think this is a prudent approach. This will get you

dialed-in faster than trying to optimize going forward.

Looking forward to your findings.

Rob

Reason: