Blessing 2 - page 74

I got from 10k to 26K by just using the eurusd set file on default settings with MM on and portion set to 1. (4 hour chart)

That was a demo but I've been running live for over a month but on a more conservative Portion 2 setting. I'm thinking of adding usdjpy and put both on portion 3.

THANKS your demo looks very profitable indeed

what is your live account balance ?

tonyd:
I got from 10k to 26K by just using the eurusd set file on default settings with MM on and portion set to 1. (4 hour chart) That was a demo but I've been running live for over a month but on a more conservative Portion 2 setting. I'm thinking of adding usdjpy and put both on portion 3.

Do we still need to add a trailing zero at the end of each grid set level for 5 decimal brokers? In the ea it says to add a trailing zero. But with using version 5.0, do we still need to add the trailing zero to the manual grid, i.e., GridSet1, GridSet2, GridaSet3 and the TP_Set1, 2,and3? Adding the zero would change the GridSets to 250, 500, and 1000 and the TP_Sets to 500, 1000, and 2000. Thanks for your help.

Anthony

Pennsylvania

United States

ajm864:
Do we still need to add a trailing zero at the end of each grid set level for 5 decimal brokers? In the ea it says to add a trailing zero. But with using version 5.0, do we still need to add the trailing zero to the manual grid, i.e., GridSet1, GridSet2, GridaSet3 and the TP_Set1, 2,and3? Adding the zero would change the GridSets to 250, 500, and 1000 and the TP_Sets to 500, 1000, and 2000. Thanks for your help.

Those are pip values for grid spacing. I don't see why

they would need to be changed. I believe the last

few versions of Blessing make all the necessary

changes, automatically.

Rob

Blessing improvement

alex84:
Ok Antomi

What would you propose to improve this wonderfull ea, without the MA filter idea that i don't like because it would obviously change the ea logic and reliability, i'm sure of that.

Any idea would be interesting indeed.

My personal idea of improvment is : bigger balance per pair, nothing else really...

Hi Alex,

last night I thought about some critical issues.

I think we are all aware that the EA comes into critical territory if a pair ranges and we are on the wrong side (Long/Short).

How to avoid that?

One way would be to make sure that we are on the right side. How? Don't know yet but it is worth to think about it. Maybe with Choppers approach?

Another possibility could be to avoid ranging pairs but that is easier said than done.

One parameter to look for such pairs could be the daily average range. The lower the better, which has to be proofed.

Another question is how to keep the levels in a reasonable order?

I think this is the basic question.

Chopper and I are the opinion that it would be at least worth a trial to implement the MA-crossing. With a good setting it would be possible to keep the EA in a good balance, meaning that the original idea of it is still valid but with some small limitations.

Other possibilities that I see are to play with the higher GridSets (go with GridSet3 to 200 for example) or experiment with the SetCount's. Probably it would be a good idea to reduce Set2Count.

But these are just some thoughts and I have no experiences with these settings. Iron maybe you can help us out with that.

Best

Antomi

Thanks Antomi

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by ranging pairs ?

From what i observed so far, the ea is also profitable when a pair is ranging, the risky territory imo is when we have very strong trends that last for hundreds and hundreds pips without retracement. What we lived in october 2008 is risky.

Antomi:
Hi Alex,

I think we are all aware that the EA comes into critical territory if a pair ranges and we are on the wrong side (Long/Short).

How to avoid that?

One way would be to make sure that we are on the right side. How? Don't know yet but it is worth to think about it. Maybe with Choppers approach?

Another possibility could be to avoid ranging pairs but that is easier said than done.

One parameter to look for such pairs could be the daily average range. The lower the better, which has to be proofed.

Another question is how to keep the levels in a reasonable order?

I think this is the basic question.

Chopper and I are the opinion that it would be at least worth a trial to implement the MA-crossing. With a good setting it would be possible to keep the EA in a good balance, meaning that the original idea of it is still valid but with some small limitations.

Other possibilities that I see are to play with the higher GridSets (go with GridSet3 to 200 for example) or experiment with the SetCount's. Probably it would be a good idea to reduce Set2Count.

But these are just some thoughts and I have no experiences with these settings. Iron maybe you can help us out with that.

Best

Antomi

Rather than playing with higher gridsets you may also try higher timegrid.

Antomi:
Hi Alex,

You are wrong on this. You WANT a ranging market/pair, since it takes

very little movement to meet the take profit. Trending is what gets you

into big DD problems, due to the multiple open orders.

The reason I chose usdjpy was because it has nice price chop, but

doesn't trend as much as other pairs, such as eurusd.

Rob

Hello Everyone

I updated first post to version 5.0 provided by Jeff. you can get it now if you don't already have it.

Regards

hi everyone,

As soon as I started trading USDJPY i hit the biggest DD and the ea closed my first 2 orders because of the equity protection.

I was getting very frustrated but I've found a solution that as soon as my other TPs got hit I've started disabling the ea on those pairs and reducing the portion size to give alot more breathing room on USDJPY. and now I have set portion 1 on my USDJPY, so waiting for it to get flat. Wish me luck! I hope one will use the suggested solution when you get big DDs.

Reason: