Blessing 2 - page 75

ranging, trending

ChicagoRob:
You are wrong on this. You WANT a ranging market/pair, since it takes

very little movement to meet the take profit. Trending is what gets you

into big DD problems, due to the multiple open orders.

The reason I chose usdjpy was because it has nice price chop, but

doesn't trend as much as other pairs, such as eurusd.

Rob

Hi,

your are both (Rob, Alex) right of course.

Instead of ranging I mean trending. Going up or down many pips.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best

Antomi

Togu:
hi everyone,

As soon as I started trading USDJPY i hit the biggest DD and the ea closed my first 2 orders because of the equity protection.

I was getting very frustrated but I've found a solution that as soon as my other TPs got hit I've started disabling the ea on those pairs and reducing the portion size to give alot more breathing room on USDJPY. and now I have set portion 1 on my USDJPY, so waiting for it to get flat. Wish me luck! I hope one will use the suggested solution when you get big DDs.

Good idea, Togu. I portion out usdjpy at 1, for the most breathing room.

If you check the average daily range, you will find that eurusd has more

pip movement than usdjpy. The ADR indicator is a great tool, since it

will show you, instantly, what the range has been for specific periods.

Rob

Blessing Info

All,

Quite a spirited discussion, I see. Anyway, fixing something that ain't broke is tough for me to do. BTW, Fifth will post v5.0 on the first post shortly. In the mean time, go back a few posts to get v5.0. If you already downloaded v5.0, do it again since I put a new v5.0 changing thw warning display.

First of all, backtesting/optimizing must be done on a tester platform that allows micro lots. Alpari does not allow micro lots if you simply download the platform. You must call them and have them enable your demo to trade micro otherwise you will get ordersend error 131.

Second, Blessing 2 needs daily timeframes to operate correctly. TF corelation is not simply a factor of 24. It's about noise, data streams, price quotes, etc. Too many factors in fact that daily TFs are simply the best. H4 is even pushing it!

To get Blessing 2 to work properly, you should backtest for a good MA period first with the multiplier set to 1.4, autocal false, GAF = 1 and equity protection set to 50%. Test it on a standard platform with $2500K as the autolot logic uses $2500K to get .01 lots. I recommend backtesting only 8-12 weeks. Once you get an MA that makes it through that timeframe, try adjusting the autocal to true then optimizing for the GAF from .2 - 1.5. If that doesn't work, stick with the manual grid. Finally, optimize for the mutlipler, 1.4 - 1.5 in .01 increments. That's it! Get your set file that way.

USDJPY, AUDCAD, EURUSD and USDCAD are the only pairs that have stood the test of time. I did not develop set files for any other pair. Blessing might work on others but that is up to you.

Finally, I do not post personal account information but I will offer this. I use IBFX. I use 3 Blessing pairs only and portion each with a value of 3. My account is micro (penny a pip). I use Piplite and one other personally developed EA only. I portion Piplite to 4 and my other EA to 3 and 4 (I use my other EA on 2 pairs.) With this setup, I get about $30-100 per day on my $2500 capital base. No, my other EA is not available but Blessing and Piplite are on this forum. Read up on portion control and what it can do for you as far as account protection goes. You will understand what I mean if you try it on a demo.

Happy Trading

v/r

5 Decimal Broker

Gents,

I've said it before....Blessing autodetects the brokers decimal. If you are a programmer, you can see in the init section that it looks for Digits of 3 or 5 which are 5 decimal brokers. If it detects a 5 decimal broker, it will set everything correctly for you! No need to add a zero in any of your grid numbers!

v/r

tonyd:
This question on 5 decimals has been asked a couple of times now but no one has answered it. If I am using a set file called "eurusd m240 4 decimal.set", this suggests it is set up for 4 decimal brokers and there is a 5 decimal file somehere. I would appreciate if someone could answer this. This is the best EA I have ever used. 10k to 26K in 4 months on the eurusd only. Big thanks to all.

hey togu

What was the balance you were using on usd-jpy when it happened ?

Togu:
hi everyone,

As soon as I started trading USDJPY i hit the biggest DD and the ea closed my first 2 orders because of the equity protection.

I was getting very frustrated but I've found a solution that as soon as my other TPs got hit I've started disabling the ea on those pairs and reducing the portion size to give alot more breathing room on USDJPY. and now I have set portion 1 on my USDJPY, so waiting for it to get flat. Wish me luck! I hope one will use the suggested solution when you get big DDs.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying this, Jeff.

Best regards,

Anthony

Pennsylvania

United States

Set File for e/u 1D TF

hi all,

Could nyone direct me to the post where I could download the set file for eurusd Tf 1d?

Your assistance much appreciated.

brgds

eddie

The set file for eur/usd is for 4hr TF. I think all set files are on page 19

set file

pudseybear:
The set file for eur/usd is for 4hr TF. I think all set files are on page 19

Thnx alot,

I can however only find the eurusd240 4 decimal. Will this work correcly on the daily timeframe?

Rgds

Eddie

alex84:
hey togu What was the balance you were using on usd-jpy when it happened ?

hi Alex,

The portion balance was 420USD with 50% equity protection and the thing what I did was increasing the risk 0.02, that's when DD striked me (level 8). My first biggest loss closing the first 2 orders around 70$. I should have come up with the idea decreasing the portion size before the ea closed some of my orders.

Reason: