Blessing 2 - page 69

I agree with Iron

I've seen many times good eas modified because someone wanted to improve it, secure it, but result was not even better. I don't like indicators, they re all late and do not help prevent or predict anything. They're just made to reassure traders. The MA we use in blessing is just to decide what direction, but ea works also very well if it trades against the trend. The key, as Rob mentioned, is the right pair, the right balance...

We only need to take advantage of fx market behaviour, we don't care if bullish or bearish, that's not the question...

The PDF says it all

Hope it helps...

lron:
All,

Go hereand get Blessing v5.0. There was something in there called "Hedge Action" Warning. I properly changed it to Blessing 2 warning. Next, if you can, re read the manual for proper explainations of the settings.

Blessing is designed to work on a daily timeframe and in some cases, a 4 hour timeframe. Blessing will destroy your account on any timeframe less!

The autogrid feature is designed to let the grid "breathe" with the market. In you need to know what the default grid is (25, 50, 100 and 200) and what ATR will calculate on a daily/H4 chart for the pair you are trying. On the EURUSD, the autogrid will calculate a value for the gridstart number of 72 or so. That is significantly larger than the default! Adjust it with the GAF factor to get it down to around 25-35 and see what that gets you.

Again, auto grid features need to be "played" with to see what initial TP you get with .01 lots on a $2500 standard account and then adjusted for what you like.

I'll look at Chomper's suggestions but to date, over a year now, Blessing has never lost money for me live. The set files are in this thread and I hate to change an EA that just simply works if used properly.

v/r

Grat

Dear Iron!

Big thank for this EA!!! (I have no idea how could be someone so generous like you) I trade on real account and no problem till this time.

I use pairs and set you suggested and I doubled the balance all the time we need for 7 regression(for example I use 500 USD instead of 250 USD per pair on mini safe, safe, safe) and let them to use all the balance, in this case 2000 USD for four pairs. I changed a little bit the settings. I set true the autocal on grid for all pair and GAF value is 1.

Anyway I do not understand exactly how this feature (GAF) works. I read many times the pdf file and all post of this topic, but this one is the only (I hope) which is not clear for me.

Could you explain it? (I am sorry but it takes me so frustrated.)

Thanks

Balint

lron:
All,

Go hereand get Blessing v5.0. There was something in there called "Hedge Action" Warning. I properly changed it to Blessing 2 warning. Next, if you can, re read the manual for proper explainations of the settings.

Blessing is designed to work on a daily timeframe and in some cases, a 4 hour timeframe. Blessing will destroy your account on any timeframe less!

The autogrid feature is designed to let the grid "breathe" with the market. In you need to know what the default grid is (25, 50, 100 and 200) and what ATR will calculate on a daily/H4 chart for the pair you are trying. On the EURUSD, the autogrid will calculate a value for the gridstart number of 72 or so. That is significantly larger than the default! Adjust it with the GAF factor to get it down to around 25-35 and see what that gets you.

Again, auto grid features need to be "played" with to see what initial TP you get with .01 lots on a $2500 standard account and then adjusted for what you like.

I'll look at Chomper's suggestions but to date, over a year now, Blessing has never lost money for me live. The set files are in this thread and I hate to change an EA that just simply works if used properly.

v/r

hbalint11:
Dear Iron! and let them to use all the balance, in this case 2000 USD for four pairs. I changed a little bit the settings.

Do you mean you set the equity protection off ?

If so i did as you did, twice the recommended balance and full balance to let the float breath...

I trade blessing live and it works! However, Chomper's request is valid. But I don't think Blessing needs it to be successful. I like it the way it is. If Chomper's suggestion can be integrated into the ea as an optional setting, what can it hurt? You turn it on or you turn it off, your call. Blessing does have risk control paramenters in it, and I think these parmenters do a good job of controlling the risk.

Anthony

from Pennsylvania

IBFX goes 5-decimal

IBFX goes to 5-decimals on Sunday. I don't know,

at this point, if anything needs to be changed with

Blessing. If so, make sure the required adjustments

are completed before market open on Sunday.

Rob

Rob, I know. I just received an email from IBFX this morning. My understanding is that Blessing is set up to trade 4 decimal or 5 decimal brokers, right?

ajm864:
Rob, I know. I just received an email from IBFX this morning. My understanding is that Blessing is set up to trade 4 decimal or 5 decimal brokers, right?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it makes the change automatically. It trades really

well on 4-decimal - I hope it doesn't get screwed up with 5-decimals.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Yes, I'm pretty sure it makes the change automatically. It trades really

well on 4-decimal - I hope it doesn't get screwed up with 5-decimals.

Rob

last versions are modified so 5 decimals work ok

I didn't check personaly but Iron did

Historical data for AUD/CAD

Hi,

Concerning backtests I need historical data. Usually I receive them from Alpari (see below) but to my surprise they don't have AUD/CAD.

I realy wonder where you guys (making the strategy-tests) got the historical data from?

Please give me some hints.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Antomi

Antomi:
Hi,

in order to make backtest over long time periods it is usually neseccary to download these historical data, which can be done via MetaQuotes or Alpari:

Forex with Alpari (UK) - Alpari Academy - Download Historical data for Meta Trader 4

Any experience which data are giving the most accurate results?

In the past I used the Alpari-data, but in conjunction with Alpari of course. Have no idea how it works on a IBFX platform.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Antomi

alex84:
Do you mean you set the equity protection off ? If so i did as you did, twice the recommended balance and full balance to let the float breath...

Exactly. I turned everything to false. I calculate the starting lot regarding the formula which in the pdf file. I like it. So simple so efficient.

Reason: