Blessing 2 - page 67

I was wondering if there are people who count the 8 or more open positions? Now I'm sitting with 8 open positions with around 6% DD. It's very disturbing to see it grow. :P Is there any rough estimation of how many 8 positions will be opened per month???

Questions

first question:

Is it possible to run 2 times the same pair but with different TF (charts)?

I did that, but found out that it seems that they use both the same magic number. Due to this I can imagine that the logic does not working correctly anymore.

second qestion:

I received a Hedge Action Warning (see attached imqage) for all used pairs. But this can not be because only the 2 pairs (see question 1) made a loss higher than the 50% setting. All the other pairs are still in positive area.

The question is now, what happens if this warning is comming up? Does the EA stops trading all pairs or just the one in negative territory?

third question:

In case of such a warning, how to proceed? Closing all open positions and starting the EA all over again with adjusted settings?

Thanks for the support.

Best

Antomi

Files:

Togu:
I was wondering if there are people who count the 8 or more open positions? Now I'm sitting with 8 open positions with around 6% DD. It's very disturbing to see it grow. :P Is there any rough estimation of how many 8 positions will be opened per month???

i had 9 positions on usd-cad. Large float but recovered today

I still have 10 positions on aud-cad, large float still.

You need to see float to make profits

Just make sure you have enough balance to let the float breath.

Antomi:
first question:

Is it possible to run 2 times the same pair but with different TF (charts)?

I did that, but found out that it seems that they use both the same magic number. Due to this I can imagine that the logic does not working correctly anymore.

you need to modify the ea by changing the mn then save it with a different name file. You'll just have to use the original blessing on one chart and the new modified ea (you saved) on another chart.

will work ...

Magic Number

alex84:
you need to modify the ea by changing the mn then save it with a different name file. You'll just have to use the original blessing on one chart and the new modified ea (you saved) on another chart. will work ...

Alex,

Thank you.

As I understand I have to change the MN directly in the code (see attached image) since it is not possible to change it in the property mask (inputs) and save it than under a different name. Correct?

Antomi

Files:
manr.jpg  76 kb

add one small but very important feature

Hi Jeff,

Could you add one small but very important feature to Blessing? Please make it an option so that the 2nd and more positions trades are placed only if EMA cross occurred AND pips is > than your Pip Step. Please see attach picture for better clarity.

Thanks for all your work and looking forward to this new feature soon.

Mike

Files:
blessing2.gif  75 kb

I sense this is a martingale strategy. What will prevent these blessing versions from getting wiped out like other martingale strategies??

Dave

<<<

challenge for Iron

chomper:
Hi Jeff,

Could you add one small but very important feature to Blessing? Please make it an option so that the 2nd and more positions trades are placed only if EMA cross occurred AND pips is > than your Pip Step. Please see attach picture for better clarity.

Thanks for all your work and looking forward to this new feature soon.

Mike

Chomper,

I agree totally with you and support this idea.

Why should we watch how Blessing is adding one trade after the other in the "wrong" direction. In the case that the price is above the MA it makes no sense to me to add more and more short trades.

This is also important for the first level.

Yes it is correct and a crucial part of Blessing to give the system enough breath to work, but we all know that there is a healthy breathing and a unhealty one.

The idea with the crossing EMA is excellent and hopefully Iron can do that. For others more tough guys this option can be switched off.

Any inputs from others, more experienced users?

Best

Antomi

"approved settings"

ChicagoRob:
What do you mean by approved? The function of a setting

file is to optimize the inputs for a specific pair. I have

run all pairs with the appropriate set files and all have

functioned perfectly with IBFX.

Rob

Rob,

what I mean by "approved" is, whether these settings are still valid, or in other words, still the best we could use.

Best

Antomi

historical data for backtests

Hi,

in order to make backtest over long time periods it is usually neseccary to download these historical data, which can be done via MetaQuotes or Alpari:

Forex with Alpari (UK) - Alpari Academy - Download Historical data for Meta Trader 4

Any experience which data are giving the most accurate results?

In the past I used the Alpari-data, but in conjunction with Alpari of course. Have no idea how it works on a IBFX platform.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Antomi

Reason: