Blessing 2 - page 21

Hello Iron,

Many thanks for all the work you have done on this ea and the other ea you mentioned.

Regards,

Jeff

lron:
All,

I'm glad to see folks are enjoying this EA. I'm personally taking it live on 2 pairs this week. On demos it has done nothing but make money. When it didn't, I changed it completely to concentrate on account protection vs. quicker and more aggressive trading.

I hope the advanced features are working for all. I see a lot of starting accounts floating around so I won't offer my opinion on that matter again. My advanced features paper discusses it in long (and sometimes boring) detail.

Believe it or not, I have found what would potentially be an order closing error. It was reported to me by a member that on at least one occasion; Blessing only closed 4 out of 7 open trades. He wasn't too concerned but I was. When Blessing kicks in it's close logic, every trade needs to close for a profit!

The closing error is not caused by Blessing itself. It's caused by the broker not closing at the requested price. In other words, this member's broker "requoted" his close request. This fix is very simple. I worked all weekend fixing a similar error in Piplite. Piplite also received an even safer trading feature you should check out but this forum is not for discussing Piplite. Go hereto see the new feature...

If you have set files, please attached them to the forum so other may benefit from your backtesting. For those who don't have the latest and the greatest, click these:

Latest Blessing 2 EA and Advanced Settings Document

Latest Blessing 2 set files

Latest Blessing 2 backtests are attached!

I encourage all who use Blessing to try Money Management. There is no risk to set! Unless you are using a higher base lot value (not recommended), money management tweaks your profit in ways that you can't through automation. Money Management features really work best and fast at higher account values ($5000 or greater per pair). It's conservative yet it takes advantage of your profits better than you can! I'll be posting a new version of Blessing with this fix within a week.

Happy Trading!

v/r

Iron,

I was wondering if you could add in the RSI filter on Blessing too? I believe it would help.

Great work on the EA. I am thinking of going live next week. Seems pretty solid and I think there is enough protection in place now.

It'd have to be an RSI on a higher time frame, jamming this EA wouldn't necessarily change it's results so much seeing as it only calls on its indictor (MA) when its cycle of trades has finished.

lron:
All,

The closing error is not caused by Blessing itself. It's caused by the broker not closing at the requested price. In other words, this member's broker "requoted" his close request. This fix is very simple.

v/r

may i know how to fix the Blessing EA ?

131 eRROR

Hi Iron

When I tried to use 4.2 version of the Blessing EA, I encounter an error.

My account is with FXCM and 1:200. Could you please help?

Siva

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 23:59 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 23:59 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: OrderSend error 131

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: OrderSend error 131

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.10 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s1

2008.11.16 23:16:56 2008.11.09 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

Hi sithru

You need to contact FXCM and have them enable Micro trading for your account

Regards

JBear

sithru:
Hi Iron

When I tried to use 4.2 version of the Blessing EA, I encounter an error.

My account is with FXCM and 1:200. Could you please help?

Siva

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 23:59 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 23:59 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: OrderSend error 131

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.11 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: OrderSend error 131

2008.11.16 23:16:57 2008.11.10 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s1

2008.11.16 23:16:56 2008.11.09 00:00 Blessing 2 v4.2 USDJPY,Daily: s2

New Blessing

All,

A new version of Blessing is attached. This will help fix the problem with brokers that requote upon close by adding a slippage function to the menu set items. How this performs is truly up to your broker, not Blessing. As we all know EAs perform differently on different brokers. Blessing enters the trade with buy/sell stops/limits....no slippage required here! Closing out the trades is where slippage becomes an issue and you can now set your tolerance for requotes/slippage. You need to make sure you properly set the broker decimal function appropriately!

As promised, I'm attaching a new set file for the EURUSD that made it through the problems of last week. All I did was reduce the multiplier from 1.4 down to 1.38 and squished the autogrid down to 90% (.9). The backtest results are also attached. The drawdown may look high but that's due to equity protection helping out in two separate occasions while allowing continued trading. Protections work and you can see the results.

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All,

A new version of Blessing is attached. This will help fix the problem with brokers that requote upon close by adding a slippage function to the menu set items. How this performs is truly up to your broker, not Blessing. As we all know EAs perform differently on different brokers. Blessing enters the trade with buy/sell stops/limits....no slippage required here! Closing out the trades is where slippage becomes an issue and you can now set your tolerance for requotes/slippage. You need to make sure you properly set the broker decimal function appropriately!

As promised, I'm attaching a new set file for the EURUSD that made it through the problems of last week. All I did was reduce the multiplier from 1.4 down to 1.38 and squished the autogrid down to 90% (.9). The backtest results are also attached. The drawdown may look high but that's due to equity protection helping out in two separate occasions while allowing continued trading. Protections work and you can see the results.

Happy Trading

v/r

Iron,

Thank you for all the great work on this EA. This and Piplite are the only two EA's I trust currently to make money consistently through most all market conditions. I think with the protection in place, we should all be fine and make some good money.

doesnt work on real account

hey,

first of all, Iron thank you for this great ea! i've been testing it on demo account for last two months and results were far beyond my expectations (20-30% per week).

now, when i started to trade for real money, ea doesnt work. i trade on liteforex on cent account. everything is ok, ea does first trade but then doesnt do anything more. no S/L, no second trade, just T/P limit.

So, can anyone help me to find the problem? Thx

Thanks Iron - You Rock Man!!!

been forward testing for 2 weeks now using v4.2 4HR eur/gbp so far so good.

just added 4.3

will post results soon,

Cheers

Spy

Reason: