Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 31

ssvalvi:
Nix ,senior member of Forex-TSD is offering Range bar plugin,what kind of is it,do anybody know more about it.Please share

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me.

BTW: I started using range bars in my trading in January 2010 and it really helped me a lot. I mainly trade GBPUSD using 13 pip range bars. The average number of trades per day is 1-3. With range bars I'm able to use pure price action for entry, target and stop settings.

The outcome is 60% wining trades and the average R/R ratio is 2,5.

nix:
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me.

BTW: I started using range bars in my trading in January 2010 and it really helped me a lot. I mainly trade GBPUSD using 13 pip range bars. The average number of trades per day is 1-3. With range bars I'm able to use pure price action for entry, target and stop settings.

The outcome is 60% wining trades and the average R/R ratio is 2,5.

Hello Nix,

Thanks,I tried with given link for more information about your system with range bar,but link was not open,and also I am a Junior member,until 10 posts of mine at this forum I cant ask or reply to another thread directly so i posted here.

Fabio1:
I'm trying the Renko Bars of Mr Nims . As you know the Renko bars are plotted in an offline chart , but they are too much memory consuming. I have a laptop with 2 GB of ram and when I start the Renko bars only on one Currency pair (e.g USDJPY) with 10 pips as bar size,the PC is slowing down unbielevable.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Fabio

The original example of off line charts (period_converter.mq4) is too very resource consuming. I've removed this resource hog from my version of off-line charts generating scripts and when you attach one of them to a chart there is no increase in the CPU or memory load.

ssvalvi:
Hello,

I am new to this forum,May I know how to get range bar charts on MT4 platform.I want to set range bar charts,Link given beginning of this thread is not working,I think there is not given .mq4 file.

One more thing, in your chart setting what is that back line/Indicator.

The one which I'm supporting are available under the link in my signature.

ssvalvi:
Hello Nix, Thanks,I tried with given link for more information about your system with range bar,but link was not open,and also I am a Junior member,until 10 posts of mine at this forum I cant ask or reply to another thread directly so i posted here.

This is the link to my range bar page: RangeBars plugin script for MT4

This plugin is currently available as an indicator and is not as resource consuming as the script version. You easily setup multiple range bar charts for a single currency cross (if you need to do that). There is also an optional sound alert on close of bar so you don't have to sit and stare at your computer screen the whole time. I'm also offering free updates and support.

Below is a screenshot of the settings an range bar charts.

Files:
range_bars.jpg  141 kb

nix:
This is the link to my range bar page: RangeBars plugin script for MT4

This plugin is currently available as an indicator

Then probably it suffers the same as the other version?

kardamon:
Indicator can miss some ticks
nix:
and is not as resource consuming as the script version.

Can you please explain this statement? I personally don't see any reason why indicators should be less resources intensive than scripts. I even tend to say that the opposite is true, this is why indicators can miss some ticks and are not reliable to trading enough, therefore there are EAs and scripts to perform reliable trading. Mind that indicators must reserve more resources for buffers which scripts don't have.

Can you please explain this statement? I personally don't see any reason why indicators should be less resources intensive than scripts. I even tend to say that the opposite is true, this is why indicators can miss some ticks and are not reliable to trading enough, therefore there are EAs and scripts to perform reliable trading. Mind that indicators must reserve more resources for buffers which scripts don't have.

My project first started as a script. After heavy testing by some of my customers I've decided to also include the indicator version. The indicator is just a wrapper and does not display anything on the chart it is attached to. One of the benefits of the indicator is that if you trade several different range bar settings per currency cross you only need ONE M1 chat. You can't do that with a script or EA - this is one of the reasons why my indicator uses less resources.

Any way, my customers receive both the script and the indicator and they can decide what works for them best.

As for the missed ticks - this is an MT4 issue and you cannot fix this by compiling a program as an EA unless you interpolate missed data (which is not available in the MT4 history files).

BTW: I just packaged the plugin as an EA as well, so I will be sending out an add on tomorrow to all my customers.

The RangeBar package now consists of a script, an indicator and an EA, so the trader can decide which version suits him best .

Call it 3 for the price of 1

druss72:
Range bar will not close until required number of pips of movement has taken place.

So if in a 25 pip range all day and range bar size is 30 pips then bar will not close.

Some example of my trades taken today using Range Bars.

Hello,

I seen your trade,Nice result with RBC,

Why there is support needed?

Aldente:
No offense but I don't understand why a script like this would need "support"? It either works or it doesnt. I mean, what else does it do besides displaying range bars?

One example of support is giving updates with new versions. The other is answering questions like: I put it on a chart and don't see anything. What am I doing wrong?

Anyway, although my script was posted already few times on free forums and I know that even some decompiled versions are circulating, I still see many people buying it with although it is a very old stuff - this thread is since 2008. It just like Windows, you can buy it and have support or you can download it 'free' from the internet. My last update was end of 2009, but in the mean time there was also 'special' versions developed like CBR ATR driven, or CBR time limited. It seems that many people have their own ideas how they want to see charts and this is where the support comes in. New features are added on project base per request, but later if the author of requested feature does not object, it is distributed to all users free of charge.

I am the last guy to pay for everything I download on the internet but I have to say of all the software purchases I've ever made (and I can probably count them all on one hand), michal's crb script is actually worth it.

crb trading is the only thing I have ever used which gives me an edge.

Reason: