Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 38

maxbox:
please can you share the indicator at the bottom of your chart?

Sorry, no, proprietary & locked to my broker MT4

Free Reliable Range Bar Indicators

Free Reliable Range Bar Indicators

Free indicators at end of post - see Constant Range Detector

Files:
cr-2.jpg  28 kb
cr-6.jpg  31 kb

Renko Indi from igorad

mladen:
This would be that "Renko adaptive indicator" converted to metatrader.

Made 2 versions : the separate window and the "on chart" version. Iy is giving the same results as tradestation version so now it is up to testing and trying it out (I did not test it on renko chart itself)

Hi mladen you indi seems to be equal to Igorad's indi Renko v1.

Boxter

I converted the easy language code (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540/page25 - also you can see how it came to the "conversion phase" from the next 3 posts there) and I was not aware of igorads version. Anyway, they (the metatrader versions) are not the same neither in values nor in speed (not going to talk about the different code now).

As far as values are concerned, you can compare it very easily (place the 2 on the same chart and you will see the difference). Frankly, did not check what exactly makes the difference (one difference is replacing the floor function from original with round function, the other is replacing average true range with average range, but those are not the only differences compared to easy language original), but what I can tell is that my version is exact easy language conversion to metatrader 4 version (as it is said at the first line of the source code). As far as speed is concerned, igorads version recalculates all the bars all the time (on each and every tick) while my version calculates just the necessary bars - you will see the difference of speed and CPU usage if you post it on a chart with a lot of bars and then check what is it doing to the CPU

So, as far as I see, both have the same easy language code as origin - but the results are different for the reasons stated above. Hope this clarifies this issue

PS: for the sake of comparison - blue is igorads, green is the one I made according to easy language source code using same parameters :

Boxter:
Hi mladen you indi seems to be equal to Igorad's indi Renko v1.
Files:
renko.gif  39 kb

Renko indi videos

mladen:
Boxter

I converted the easy language code (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540/page25 - also you can see how it came to the "conversion phase" from the next 3 posts there) and I was not aware of igorads version. Anyway, they (the metatrader versions) are not the same neither in values nor in speed (not going to talk about the different code now).

As far as values are concerned, you can compare it very easily (place the 2 on the same chart and you will see the difference). Frankly, did not check what exactly makes the difference (one difference is replacing the floor function from original with round function, the other is replacing average true range with average range, but those are not the only differences compared to easy language original), but what I can tell is that my version is exact easy language conversion to metatrader 4 version (as it is said at the first line of the source code). As far as speed is concerned, igorads version recalculates all the bars all the time (on each and every tick) while my version calculates just the necessary bars - you will see the difference of speed and CPU usage if you post it on a chart with a lot of bars and then check what is it doing to the CPU

So, as far as I see, both have the same easy language code as origin - but the results are different for the reasons stated above. Hope this clarifies this issue

PS: for the sake of comparison - blue is igorads, green is the one I made according to easy language source code using same parameters :

Hi mladen,

this looks good. Here is are 2 nice video for this indi: Video1, Video2

Interesting Thanks for the links

Boxter:
Hi mladen, this looks good. Here is are 2 nice video for this indi: Video1, Video2

Best Way To Calculate

Hi,

Im a bit puzzled and would like to know from my fellow range bar chart users what criteria do you guys use to calculate the best range in pips. Is there a indicator that could give this number?

Thanks

investguy:
Hi,

Im a bit puzzled and would like to know from my fellow range bar chart users what criteria do you guys use to calculate the best range in pips. Is there a indicator that could give this number?

Thanks

i am using atr over m30 (that's my trading TF b4 using range bar) which is abt 13 pips bar in avg for EU. if i use m15, it will be around 10 pips.

What period for ATR? And does that rule applies for any other currency ?