range bars, no problemo.......

home, home on the range.......

Files:
4.gif  37 kb
8.gif  40 kb
amazing.gif  33 kb

@ nix

elest:
Anybody has created trustful history bars for back test usingNix's newer back test version?

I am running with this issue:

Say, 20pips bars. Open 1.4020 close 1.4040.

After closing at 1.4040 price goes a "first" time down to 1.4015, then

price goes up to 1.4050, then

Price goes down a "second time" to 1.4014 (1pip less then first time), then

Price goes up to 1.4060 and close a second up-bar.

In a "created" back test bar, when running a visual, the price does not move down

the "second time" . It just hold at 1.4050 for a few seconds and close bar at 1.4060.

Obviously this makes impossible to optimize any type of EA for renko.

We have an excellent lab with tick data... but does not help.

It seems that Nix's Renko EA creates the bar storing values and once a value is a "pivot value"

(inside the bar range) price does not go back to it.

Any suggestion anyone? Maybe I am just missing something.

Hey NIX, still subscribed to this thread? What is the latest version of your indicator? I just fired mine up, after not using for some time, still works on real account, Ver. 2.03c - should work on demo accounts also?

And has anyone figured out the "best" way to calculate a sensible range for each currency, given each has a different ADR or ATR? Here I am using 14, the EA manage the trade at target, so looks like it goes further, no problem, also same trade on GBP=JPY

Thanks

Files:
buy_gbp_usd.jpg  335 kb

I use range bar but I have a question....

if I put mtf_ichimoku on range bar chart... to see ichimoku of 15minuts ....

it's no correct, the mtf_indicator don't draw correct the kumo ecc...ecc...

someone can adjust mtf_ichimoku?

thanksmtf_ichimoku_v1.ex4mtf_ichimoku_v1.mq4

Still waiting on NIX to send my Range Bar plug-in

Product received. Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Jeeves:
I find this indicator about the best for 'range bars'. It's not an ea, & will let you manipulate your charts over the weekend. Enjoy

I thought the renko indi was good too till I changed timeframes and re-entered the original timeframe on the host chart. The Renko chart was completely different. Obviously there is some instability in this indicator.

Your great charts!

shoplogix:
home, home on the range.......

Would you be so kind and reveal how these can be set up? Thanks a lot...in dim hope of a reply!!

dakiki:
Would you be so kind and reveal how these can be set up? Thanks a lot...in dim hope of a reply!!

YouTube is my school of choice, that and Google for SEARCH, learn new stuff...

Range Bars Plug-in (v2.01b) for Metatrader 4 - www.the-forex-strategy.com - YouTube

Forex Range Bar Charts - X9 Setup - barforex.com - YouTube

TEAMTRADER:
I thought the renko indi was good too till I changed timeframes and re-entered the original timeframe on the host chart. The Renko chart was completely different. Obviously there is some instability in this indicator.

Just did what you did.....and no change on my Renko charts.

I have traded with them for a couple of years, and they have never let me down. Why would you need to play around with time frames?

Two min off line, & one min live chart.....couldn't be easier.

If you need to swing between Renko & time based cherts, it infers you are not trading with, or do not trust, Renko charts.

You need to decide which, & stick to it.

Hello,

why do range bars "repaint" after platform restart?

Is it a metatrader thing?

No

The problem is when the range bars starts (time wise). It is enough to move the start of the first range bar for only 1 minute and all the bars after that first bar can be changed

chriseel:
Hello,

why do range bars "repaint" after platform restart?

Is it a metatrader thing?
Reason: