Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 34

Script or indi

Hi Codex,

What is the difference between the Range Bar tool being an indicator or a script?

Steve

Codex:
Hi chaveznqoos,

Yes I can confirm that it does indeed work with a range of 3. His latest version 2 is now only offered as an indicator which works really really well !!!

Cheers

Codex

Really, guys, I can't understand - what is really useful in RangeSize equal spread, like 3 ?

Where are free downloads for range bar charts that really work on Mt4?

range bars are not free........

there are multiple vendors who have good product.......

cheers,

s

range bar error

hello traders,

I put a range bar in the oil price but the "indicator" does not work right.

In tick_range setting i put the value 10 but when the oils price have a a abrupt change the indicator put many range bars with the same size.

which version does not have this defect? Free or paid.

thanks

Hey!

here is a image about what I'm talking...

Left: WTI 1m

Right: WTI Range 10

Nice trades for all.

Files:
range.gif  27 kb

Eu

In EURxUSD

Files:
euerror.gif  36 kb

settings question for range bar or constant bar

I have begun to look into range bar trading. I like that the noise is taken out of play unlike time frame trading. You guys have posted some great info for me and I appreciate it. I have a beginner question about the setup of the actual "Bar Range" value in conjunction with "Time Frame" value when setting up the charts for use. Also, is it necessary to start setting this chart type on the M1 time frame for it to work.

Thanks,

Wfox~

WFox:
I have a beginner question about the setup of the actual "Bar Range" value in conjunction with "Time Frame" value when setting up the charts for use. Also, is it necessary to start setting this chart type on the M1 time frame for it to work.

Thanks,

Wfox~

The pip range values have no correlation whatsoever with the offline "Time Frame". Simply think of the offline "time frame" as a container, which holds your range bar chart. It does not matter if you choose M3, M4, M234, etc. as long as you don't use the standard MT4 provided time frames (i.e. 1,5,15,30,60,...) as these are "containers" that hold your time based charts.

It is recommended that you use the M1 chart to place your range bar plug-in as 1 minute data offers the best historical price action resolution for building historical range bars.

ssshhhh:
hello traders,

I put a range bar in the oil price but the "indicator" does not work right.

In tick_range setting i put the value 10 but when the oils price have a a abrupt change the indicator put many range bars with the same size.

which version does not have this defect? Free or paid.

thanks

Looks like you're using a free version that is floating around on the web.

This sort of chart behavior should not take place.

Reason: