Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 30

what's the difference between range and renko?

witsnpips:
what's the difference between range and renko?

Can't you read few pages down?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180048

kkeskar92:

Since u have range bars as indicators, they would be good for EA...others are scripts which run on offline charts....and difficult to make an EA.

Your product has definite advantage over others for making an EA based on range bars.

EAs can utilize any range bar chart on the MT4 platform. The EA can simply call the "offline" time frame of choice (2 minute for example) and get the latest bar no matter if it has been crated by a script, an indicator or even an external program. As long as the offline chart data is present in MT4 terminal's history files it can be used by any EA or even an indicator.

Range Bar chart

druss72:
Attach this to your chart and turn speakers up

Best thing I have found is that the bar patterns are a lot clearer than the time based charts, and of course the bars are all the same size which makes the chart a lot easier on the eyes as well.

Hello,

I am new to this forum,May I know how to get range bar charts on MT4 platform.I want to set range bar charts,Link given beginning of this thread is not working,I think there is not given .mq4 file.

One more thing, in your chart setting what is that back line/Indicator.

ssvalvi:
Hello,

I am new to this forum,May I know how to get range bar charts on MT4 platform.I want to set range bar charts,Link given beginning of this thread is not working,I think there is not given .mq4 file.

One more thing, in your chart setting what is that back line/Indicator.

The range bar indicator I'm using is an Expert that you attach to a m1 chart which then calculates the bar range and prints the bars on an offline chart which you have to have open at the same time as the m1 chart.

There's some significant advantages to range bars over time based bars. The main advantage is that the bars are all the same size, which allows reading price patterns so much easier.

The chart I'm using is part of a mechanical trading plan that I'm using. The black lines on the chart are nothing more than a couple of moving averages.

Files:
1_1.jpg  298 kb

druss72:
The range bar indicator I'm using is an Expert that you attach to a m1 chart which then calculates the bar range and prints the bars on an offline chart which you have to have open at the same time as the m1 chart.

There's some significant advantages to range bars over time based bars. The main advantage is that the bars are all the same size, which allows reading price patterns so much easier.

The chart I'm using is part of a mechanical trading plan that I'm using. The black lines on the chart are nothing more than a couple of moving averages.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your your quick reply,Can you provide me proper link to create Range bar charts for MT4, Link I got for Range Bar chart not content .mq4 file so it not works.

And in your 14 Aug post ,Your attached chart shows another indicator like Parabolic SAR,Which is that.

ssvalvi:
Hello,

Thank you very much for your your quick reply,Can you provide me proper link to create Range bar charts for MT4, Link I got for Range Bar chart not content .mq4 file so it not works.

And in your 14 Aug post ,Your attached chart shows another indicator like Parabolic SAR,Which is that.

Commercial version Expert for the range bars, sorry cannot share on public forum.

druss72:
Commercial version Expert for the range bars, sorry cannot share on public forum.

Hello,

Range bar charts reduces market noise,What actual happens on range bar charts when market stays in consolidation stage.Can you post screen shot of such scenario.Second query- when market suddenly moves due to any news or anything and same moment it came back(Spikes)-In this scenario whether range bar forms on closing price or how.

I download the file for range bar chart but not working properly,you are using expert but can you give me any suggestion for my problem please.

Range bar plugin

Nix ,senior member of Forex-TSD is offering Range bar plugin,what kind of is it,do anybody know more about it.Please share

ssvalvi:
Hello,

Range bar charts reduces market noise,What actual happens on range bar charts when market stays in consolidation stage.Can you post screen shot of such scenario.Second query- when market suddenly moves due to any news or anything and same moment it came back(Spikes)-In this scenario whether range bar forms on closing price or how.

I download the file for range bar chart but not working properly,you are using expert but can you give me any suggestion for my problem please.

Range bar will not close until required number of pips of movement has taken place.

So if in a 25 pip range all day and range bar size is 30 pips then bar will not close.

Some example of my trades taken today using Range Bars.

Files:
0.jpg  123 kb
Reason: