Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 33

Very bad experience with Michal's MQL Service Shop MAC and CRB both

I would never advise anyone to buy his MA crossover nor the Range bar programs.

Before I bought, I looked through these blogs which sounded favorable, and directly emailed him my concerns, including refunds if not usable in my situation. He assured me there would be a refund possibility, even though he has had very few requests.

I thus bought both in Sept 2010, was unable in ANY time frame to see profitability and found the CRB would lock up for unknown reason after a couple of days, upon which I would have to re-install.

After 48 days of trial,initially using his own settings [which gave erratic entries], and several emails, he suggested only a couple of items I had already tried [reducing variable pips > cross, as well as taking trades only in the LT direction], it remained erratic and unprofitable in correct execution. Having tried it for 48 days, I asked for a further suggestion or a refund, at which point, he did not respond further. I sent another email 2 weeks later asking for the refund status, to which he responded in a decidedly unfriendly manner, saying he would not refund, accusing me of not knowing how to use an EA [duh], that I had used it for "a few months" [another duh] and to take it up with PayPal, his knowing they do not deal with arguments on electronic DL, only physical goods received.

I consider Michal a very dishonorable individual!!! Avoid MQL Services like a plague!

I have subsequently found that Ninja trader has a much superior and flawless range bar that does not require offline manipulation, even though it is a separate platform from MT4, but is free like MT4 when used on a demo account, offered by several brokerages.

Buyer beware!

Go and check out the Range Bar plugin on offer here at

RangeBars plugin script for MT4

This one is really good and is only $30. The author has been keeping his version upto date and has just released version 2. This new release boasts some incredible performance boosts as well as resolving some "tick issues".

I have purchased this version from Forex-Strategy and have had no issues at all with it.

Here is the list of features that are now included with the new Version 2 for his Range Bar plugin:

These include:

- Use of less system resources as the engine has been completely rewritten

to enhance speed

- Eliminated "tick loss" issue

- Indicator can now be attached to any chart (1M, 5M, 15M, etc.)

- Fixed "Volumes" issue.

- Added optional "alert_box" keyword to "SoundSignalOnNewBar" setting

for using the MT4 Alert component instead of sound file playback on new

bar.

- New option "Backtesting" included for generating an offline range bar char

on the 5M time frame for backtester purposes.

- Simulated ticks for driving EAs directly from offline charts

Cheers

Codex

exactly

I'll second your recommendation Codex!

Interesting but not too surprised.

I have to be honest. I had emailed him to ask about history and he told me that he wouldn't talk to me until I purchased the product. Apparently the cost is to cover support only.

I have no issue with that but, if that if there is zero pre sales support I wasn't going to risk poor post sales support. Looks like I may have made the right decision.

Oh well.

snake58:
I would never advise anyone to buy his MA crossover nor the Range bar programs.

Before I bought, I looked through these blogs which sounded favorable, and directly emailed him my concerns, including refunds if not usable in my situation. He assured me there would be a refund possibility, even though he has had very few requests.

I thus bought both in Sept 2010, was unable in ANY time frame to see profitability and found the CRB would lock up for unknown reason after a couple of days, upon which I would have to re-install.

After 48 days of trial,initially using his own settings [which gave erratic entries], and several emails, he suggested only a couple of items I had already tried [reducing variable pips > cross, as well as taking trades only in the LT direction], it remained erratic and unprofitable in correct execution. Having tried it for 48 days, I asked for a further suggestion or a refund, at which point, he did not respond further. I sent another email 2 weeks later asking for the refund status, to which he responded in a decidedly unfriendly manner, saying he would not refund, accusing me of not knowing how to use an EA [duh], that I had used it for "a few months" [another duh] and to take it up with PayPal, his knowing they do not deal with arguments on electronic DL, only physical goods received.

I consider Michal a very dishonorable individual!!! Avoid MQL Services like a plague!

I have subsequently found that Ninja trader has a much superior and flawless range bar that does not require offline manipulation, even though it is a separate platform from MT4, but is free like MT4 when used on a demo account, offered by several brokerages.

Buyer beware!

Seriously go with the Range Bar offering from The Forex Strategy.

I looked at MQLSerivices one and have to say I was so not impressed with what it offered and how it worked.

Artur Zas, the author of Range Bars from "The Forex Strategy"

is honest and very helpful (does take between 2-8 hours to get your order when you first place it, but this is due to his timezone etc... got no problems with that.) You can also tell from his mails that he is proud of his creation and stands by it.

In a day and age were we can easily obtain "illegal versions" of these indicators, paying for this product to help him out and continue his excellent support and enhancements is well worth the $30. I can gladly recommend his offering, especially his newest version 2. It is really awesome, no bugs and works like a dream. Best $30 you and I will ever spend !!!

Cheers

Codex.

Offline Charts into a profile.

Hi Guys,

This isn't directly related to Range Bars but is something I have noticed when using Offline Charts.

If you have an indicator (such as a Range Bars indicator) that uses Offline charts are you set up say 10 charts (all Offline) and then save as a Profile, when you go back to the Profile the charts don't update.

Is this normal or something I have done wrong?

Steve

Codex:
Go and check out the Range Bar plugin on offer here at

RangeBars plugin script for MT4

This one is really good and is only $30. The author has been keeping his version upto date and has just released version 2. This new release boasts some incredible performance boosts as well as resolving some "tick issues".

I have purchased this version from Forex-Strategy and have had no issues at all with it.

Here is the list of features that are now included with the new Version 2 for his Range Bar plugin:

These include:

- Use of less system resources as the engine has been completely rewritten

to enhance speed

- Eliminated "tick loss" issue

- Indicator can now be attached to any chart (1M, 5M, 15M, etc.)

- Fixed "Volumes" issue.

- Added optional "alert_box" keyword to "SoundSignalOnNewBar" setting

for using the MT4 Alert component instead of sound file playback on new

bar.

- New option "Backtesting" included for generating an offline range bar char

on the 5M time frame for backtester purposes.

- Simulated ticks for driving EAs directly from offline charts

Cheers

Codex

Hi Codex;

Do you know if this script works with range of 3 bars, or the minimum are 5 range bars?

Best regards

dawsonsg:
Hi Guys,

This isn't directly related to Range Bars but is something I have noticed when using Offline Charts.

If you have an indicator (such as a Range Bars indicator) that uses Offline charts are you set up say 10 charts (all Offline) and then save as a Profile, when you go back to the Profile the charts don't update.

Is this normal or something I have done wrong?

Steve

You've done something wrong.

Hi chaveznqoos,

Yes I can confirm that it does indeed work with a range of 3. His latest version 2 is now only offered as an indicator which works really really well !!!

Cheers

Codex

Yeah thanks.

The 1 minute chart had been deleted out of the profile. Once I re added it everything was fine.

michal:
You've done something wrong.
Reason: