Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 24

Suggestion

Hi... i have a few suggestion:

1) I believe its good to have commercial EA performance here. So, we can compare BEST EA, either FREE or COMMERCIAL.

2) Since all EA that forex-tsd record have different starting date, i believe top performance chart is misleading. Better we create top overall average/month leadership, and top last 3 month average/month leadership.

virtual001:
Hi... i have a few suggestion:

1) I believe its good to have commercial EA performance here. So, we can compare BEST EA, either FREE or COMMERCIAL.

2) Since all EA that forex-tsd record have different starting date, i believe top performance chart is misleading. Better we create top overall average/month leadership, and top last 3 month average/month leadership.

1. FREE or COMMERCIAL.

1.1. Nobody will give any commercial EAs for me to test. Nobody gave anything. No even single time.

1.2. Besides, some our free EAs were forward tested during the one year. And no one seller will test his EA live during the one year before selling: they are selling EAs based on good backtesting results, or based on few weeks or few months forward testing results only. But not one year.

What is one year? Market is changing a lot during one year and EA may have very different performance. That is why one year is "good distance" to have some conclusion.

If some free EAs are profitable for one year testing live (you may see it from excel file with performance) so our free EAs are out of any competition with any commercial EAs.

1.3. Free EAs is opened systems, opened source code and everybody can understand why EAs open the order and when and so on.

Commercial EAs are black boxes.

1.4. Many EAs are performing diferently with different brokers. We mentioned it in free EAs. But sellers of commercial EAs are not telling us which broker is more profitable (and why) and which one is not. They only saying that their commercial EAs are profitable and gave some statements. But if you understand it is not enough.

1.5. All commercial EAs were not developed inside our forex-tsd community. They came from outside. What I mean? I mean the following: if some member of our forum (who supported our forum a lot) created some free version of his EA and some commercial version of the same EA so i may ask him to give commercial to test. But the subject is the following: no one member of our public/elite forum created any commercial inside our forum. It came from outside. If we have commercial EAs inside our community created by somebody so I think we all will promote it.

2. Different starting date.

It is not misleading. It's ok.

But I created excel file with all the performance (not finished yet) and everybody may sort the trades by weeks, months and so on and so anything to compare and so on. Because it is in excel.

Why we need to compare? If we want to improve something in EA so we should know which one performed the better during the choppy market for example and so on. It helps a lot.

Firebird EA

Looks like firebird EA is the most profitable EA in forex-tsd. I have 1 question, why forex-tsd only test firebird 0.65 ? I ready from forum, firebird have a few later version:

1) Firebird 1.0a

2) Firebird 1.0b

3) Firebird 1.0c

4) Firebird 3.2

Could forex-tsd test that version ? so, we can compare head-by head, which one most profitable.

virtual001:
Looks like firebird EA is the most profitable EA in forex-tsd. I have 1 question, why forex-tsd only test firebird 0.65 ? I ready from forum, firebird have a few later version:

1) Firebird 1.0a

2) Firebird 1.0b

3) Firebird 1.0c

4) Firebird 3.2

Could forex-tsd test that version ? so, we can compare head-by head, which one most profitable.

I am testing some EAs because it is classical ones: Firebird, TSD EAs (i tested and stoped), Goldwarrior. It is not new EAs but classical ones.

It is most interesting to test something new in elite section than to test EAs which were tested many times on many forums. And because of that most of our EAs which i am testing were developed inside our forex-tsd forum.

newdigital:
I am testing some EAs because it is classical ones: Firebird, TSD EAs (i tested and stoped), Goldwarrior. It is not new EAs but classical ones. It is most interesting to test something new in elite section than to test EAs which were tested many times on many forums. And because of that most of our EAs which i am testing were developed inside our forex-tsd forum.

I believe other forum (as far as i read) didn't have forward test recorded as forex-tsd. Its just rely on a few traders record, and not completed and not consistent updated. Even they have it I believe elite section become more valuable if it can provide complete forward test of FREE and POPULAR EA with multiple different sub-version of that EA.

virtual001:
I believe other forum (as far as i read) didn't have forward test recorded as forex-tsd. Its just rely on a few traders record, and not completed and not consistent updated. Even they have it I believe elite section become more valuable if it can provide complete forward test of FREE and POPULAR EA with multiple different sub-version of that EA.

I agree with you.

But problem is the following: we have a lot of very good EAs coded especially for our forex-tsd forum and especially for our elite section. EAs were coded especially for us and there are a lot. Look at this files thread. And not all EAs were mentioned there. If all the coders will stop coding new EAs for 2 years so we will still have something to test. Because it was coded as many EA on our forum so even time is not enough to test it all.

Let's wait untill we will get new version of Terminator EA and Baster_RSI EA will be fully improved as a scalper. And then we will see what is the better one: our EAs or Firebird EA

Why won't this code work??

I'm trying to set up an EA that will place a limit order, then when the order is triggered and reaches its TP, the order will be placed again. My idea is to store the ticket number and test to see if it's still valid by trying to select it. If the OrderSelect function returns False, the order no longer exists, and it is recreated. Here's my code for this:

First I place the limit order and store the ticket number -

BuyTicket = OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, OrderSize, dThisEntry, 3, 0, dThisTP, "", iMagNum, 0, Blue);

[/CODE]

Then, every tick I check to see if the order is still there, and if not, I replace it -

[CODE] if (OrderSelect(BuyTicket, SELECT_BY_TICKET) == False)

{

BuyTicket = OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, OrderSize, dThisEntry, 3, 0, dThisTP, "", iMagNum, 0, Blue);

}

The first part works fine - the limit order is placed as desired, but the order is never replaced, even after the original order is triggered and reaches its take profit. I'm assuming that the ticket order disappears when the trade position is closed, so the OrderSelect() function should return False... is this correct?

Any help or insights would be most appreciated

ZTrader:
I'm trying to set up an EA that will place a limit order, then when the order is triggered and reaches its TP, the order will be placed again. My idea is to store the ticket number and test to see if it's still valid by trying to select it. If the OrderSelect function returns False, the order no longer exists, and it is recreated. Here's my code for this:

First I place the limit order and store the ticket number -

[/CODE]

Then, every tick I check to see if the order is still there, and if not, I replace it -

[CODE] if (OrderSelect(BuyTicket, SELECT_BY_TICKET) == False)

{

}

The first part works fine - the limit order is placed as desired, but the order is never replaced, even after the original order is triggered and reaches its take profit. I'm assuming that the ticket order disappears when the trade position is closed, so the OrderSelect() function should return False... is this correct?

Any help or insights would be most appreciated

No responses to my request, but I've learned on my own that the OrderSend() function can't be use this way. I've changed my code to iterate through all open orders and test each ticket number against the list individually. It's a bit tedious but it works like a charm, and now my EA is showing to be quite profitable...

How to limit your EA to one currency pair

I was wondering what the script was if I wanted to limit the .ex4 to only work with one currency such that when it is attached to the wrong currency pair the Expert Adviser will not trade.

If you want to add the code inside the MQL this is:

if (Symbol()!="EURUSD" && Symbol()!="EURUSDm")

{

Alert("This EA is not working with this Currency!");

return(0);

} [/CODE]

add it after

[CODE]int start()

{

If you want a separate scrip to do it with .ex4 compiled EA I don't think it can be done at least in easy way.

Reason: