Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 9

newdigital:
No error now.

And your EA is placing arrows and having alarm.

But I am not sure that it is what you needed.

Thanks for ur help.. That's what i need, but it still don't work.. Can u help me configure what wrong?

ps-when an arrow show, an alarm ringing.. that's what i want it..

Resume Worksheet

I'm using this forum for two weeks now (+/-) it is amazing the quantity and quality of information that I can find here... it is so much that anyone new here is lost even if t read all posts...

My sugestion is that we could make a resume chart (in excel for instance) with the resumes of the tests and the versions on test for the moment.

It is very hard for me, for instance, to know what is the best EA avaiable at the moment... This is just an idea, if it is done in Excel, it is easely converted to html.

Just an idea...

kokas:
I'm using this forum for two weeks now (+/-) it is amazing the quantity and quality of information that I can find here... it is so much that anyone new here is lost even if t read all posts...

My sugestion is that we could make a resume chart (in excel for instance) with the resumes of the tests and the versions on test for the moment.

It is very hard for me, for instance, to know what is the best EA avaiable at the moment... This is just an idea, if it is done in Excel, it is easely converted to html.

Just an idea...

Kokas,

I would be indebted to you...and I'm sure others would feel the same way if you could put all the info from the weekly results thread into a spreadsheet.

Thanks In Advance!

dee

I'm going to try to do something during this weekend

Thanks sifu.. u were here also..

What does it take to create a reliable backtesting program??

I have messed with this stuff for 2 years now and I am astounded that nobody has created a standalone backtesting program that is 98-100% accurate!! I am burnt out of false backtesting results that have wasted hundreds of hours of my time. We end up resorting to forward testing that takes hundreds of hours to compile reliable results. Why the heck can't somebody who is a good programmer create a professional backtester that works right, as if the program ea was processing data tick by tick as in real trading? I would pay $100 to have such a testing program. I am sure hundreds of others would also. Time is money, and considering the amount of time and money I have wasted, this $100 is a drop in the bucket to what a reliable backtester would do for all of us. I would invite all programmers to take up the challenge to write a standalone backtester that is at least 95% accurate. Any professionals willing to take up this challenge? If it works, I would gladly pay you $100 for a copy of it.

Dave <

I aggree with you at least in part.

I think part of the problem with innacurate backtesting results is the history data file used. A program, as with an individual is only as good as its information.

At times there are sections of a chart where the candles look squat or condensed and out of proportion with the rest of the chart. To me this is a sign of a corrupt data file. How this would effect backtesting, I don't know. I have noticed on some backtest results I get duplicate entries. For example, the same profit/loss occuring on the same date, time, right down to the second in backtest results.

I have tried deleting the relevant data files and download new ones by reopening the program and chart. I get the same corrupt result. This indicates the broker or the broker's data source has a corrupt file. It would behoove a broker and/or his data source and all concerned to fix these files so trading systems can be developed faster and better. In fact it would be poor business NOT to as the broker would be missing out on a LOT of commissions from potential successfully implemented trading systems.

I am not entirely sure it is the backtesting program that is at fault. Unless the historical data files are clean and accurate it would be difficult if not impossible for any backtesting program to work properly and get accurate results.

Tom

I think this Forex Tester is to create your own ea under their creation platform, and then test it. I need a unit that can load anybodies ea and backtest it. Their data is also in minutes, then it extrapolates like the strategy tester to ticks - NO GOOD.The data I need for accuracy is saved tick by tick data over a period of time. Consumes a lot of data space, but increases accuracy to 95 - 98%. Thanks for trying to help.

Dave

<

Simple MA indicator

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has already been asked, have looked, but not found what I would like. Could someone code a simple single SMA indicator, where the MA moves up/down past the price + 15pips.

For example, if the current price is 1.2100 and moving up. When the SMA moves above the price by +15pips, I will get 'up/buy' arrow and if the SMA is below +15pips, I will get a 'down/sell) arrow. This works on a 1m and 5m time frame.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank

-A8

EA that gives many signals in a day

I am looking for a EA that gives many signals in a day ( manual or automatic) am trading for living.

Reason: