How can I know local history is updated? - page 2

DeepThought:

Actually I know what he means. I had been waiting for some authorized answer, but nothing comes. The timeframes that do not appear on some chart do not get updated until an MQL read request is made, like iBars. In that case the last 2048 bars are updated. But there is no method I would know about to learn the data is already up-to-date.

Yes. Seems to be true. I tried this; at the first run I got incorrect results, but after a few moments, I tried a second run and I got up-to-date prices ;)

Thanks man ; useful information.

Can you please tell where did you get these info from? 

Lol, it is just pure observation, I doubt there is any info printed. I spent much time with offline charting on MT4, so some regular behaviour became obvious.

DeepThought:

Actually I know what he means. I had been waiting for some authorized answer, but nothing comes. The timeframes that do not appear on some chart do not get updated until an MQL read request is made, like iBars. In that case the last 2048 bars are updated. But there is no method I would know about to learn the data is already up-to-date.

Check the opening time of bar 0.

Yes, it seems it detects it. And now I can see it that is not always fetching 2048 bars, but sometimes it is only 512 or 1024. So it is not as many, indeed.

Did you check my comment about the Market Watch ? There are new functions pertaining to Market Watch I believe the reason is to keep it updating without having a chart open.

SymbolSelect("GBPUSD",true);  //add pair to market watch window

SDC:

Did you check my comment about the Market Watch ? There are new functions pertaining to Market Watch I believe the reason is to keep it updating without having a chart open.

It appears selected symbols in market watch are not updated in all timeframes. I just deleted all local history, and then loaded all symbols in market watch and got all zeros. (though second run returned the results)

hmmm ok so I wonder what is the point of that SymbolSelect function....

SDC:
hmmm ok so I wonder what is the point of that SymbolSelect function....
If you want to work with a symbol inside your code (bid/ask/volume...), it needs to be in the Market Watch.

angevoyageur:
If you want to work with a symbol inside your code (bid/ask/volume...), it needs to be in the Market Watch.

Oh I see, so it is necessary to do that. Maybe it just wasn't ready yet when 1313 made the first call to iClose ...

angevoyageur:

I can work with symbols not selected in market watch. what's the necessity? 
Reason: