Firebird v63G - page 55

faifarni:
When I try backtesting I repeatedly get the error:

2007.02.08 19:19:33 2005.12.14 02:07 Firebird v3.2 EURUSDm,M5: invalid price 1.19645000 for OrderSend function

Why is this happening??

I've not seen this problem before. The OrderSend() uses only Ask or Bid price and the actual Ask/Bid values come from the history .hxt file. The tick data history file may be corrupt and you need to download tick data .hxt file again.

Wackena

Is This ea supposed to hedge if so how do you set it up to do so. Currently down 300 dollars on a 3000 dollar account with no hedging occuring. Yes it is a demo account and the two trades it has on are losing trades and when I use the stradigity tester it comes up different than what the forward test is doing.

Presentation

Hi Guys,

I have just finished to read all this thread. I took 3 days to do it, but I can say that it was really good.

I'm working together a friend in a firebird version (0.58, I think) since January 2006. We are from Brazil.

We have been worked far from the community, thinking and realising our own ideas. It was pretty good to see all of them here in this thread. Some of them appeared first here, and anothers we thinked first. Finally I now realise that it was a serious mistake to be far from you guys. I'm sure that we could have had added something usefull. We are graduated at a greate university os Computer Programming, so we could been more usefull for our same purpose: to get a really good EA.

By now, I'm a bit confused about all this promising versions of our firebird / phoenix EA. I'll ready another threads (the phoenix thread) and this one

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=5012

in which Mr Hendrick also has conbruted.

After all I intent to help the Firebird / Phoenix community.

Best Regards,

Mirso

Files:
firebird3.2.gif  34 kb

Firebird v3.2 Results in Feb.

Firebird 3.2 spent most of the time with a negative equity gain (=loss), even though the profit usually looked good. I used the default settings, 4 pairs, M5, 10,000, 100:1.

Liar

team_geo_fxsignal:
what time frame should we apply to?

Hi Haidi......

Where are you scammerrr, Hi everybody...... this person is offering manage account for everybody to test every free EA he got from here, stay out from this guy.

Patrick

Thoughts about Firebird timeframe

Hello guys,

I'm convinced that it doesn't make sense to use firebird with a timeframe lower than 30M. I guess the market players does not take decisions analysing the market in so short period of time. It is impossible, or at least does not make sense to talk about "the market trend" in a so short timeframe. The same for the iMA used by firebird.

I think that all the tests already done with firebird in a timeframe lower than 30M are invalid. In other words, I believe that it was playing in a random way and just make money because the SL is too bigger compared to the TP, something almost unlikely to be reached.

Another suspiccious is about the SL value. When we developed something to identify an anormal price variation and place a trade against the movement, we wait that it will have a retracement. When? We just don't know, but we hope that it will be soon, so we let a "space" in pips to the market breath, looking for its retracement, our SL (stop-loss). It is "not fair" to set a so high value like 300 pips, because the movement analysed by the EA will have already finished. To be more clear... the SL of 300 pips will be reached if three or even four movements occurs, each of them, in the same direction. But we place trades analysing movement by movement... if we open a trade in the wrong direction in a movement, we might to have its corresponding SL.

Trading this way, in the proper timeframe, I think we will be getting the real problems of firebird... and so we will be able to build a perfect EA.

As I said before, I'm working in this EA alone (just with a friend) by one year time, and I will keep working untill it get ok... but now with you, firebird community.

Emilson,

FB 3.2 turned my live account of $250 into $1600 in only 3 months trading EURUSD and USDCHF in M5 timeframe. I really dont think that timeframes lower than 30M are not appropiate.

80% of trades reached TP in less than 3 days, so I think FB CAN spot trends in such a lower timeframe.

thats good news, inspiring even.

Settings ?

Please

Sure!

My settings:

Deafult, except:

UseEquityProtection=false

UseMM=false

HedgeLotFactor=1

I will post a statement shortly.