KumoBreake:
fractal zigzag can help visually for pattern recognition
Are you using zup?

Exclusive Forum

Requests & Ideas

KumoBreake, 2016.05.14 23:30

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded

i downloaded this free indi from mql and its doing a good job by drawing zigzags based on fractals but here's the problem ,  i dont want it to ignore past fractals that have higher high or lower low over than upcoming fractal in same direction . i think picture is clear 

Try using this one (it is not exactly fractals, but it might be very similar to what you want)

oguz:

Himm... Bad news for me!

Ok thank you for the valuable and important information. 

Dear @mladen, can you make this indicator histo version please? ("step one more average 2.2.mq4")

I believe that it was made as histo already, but will check

KumoBreake:
fractal zigzag can help visually for pattern recognition
Ok, That makes sense

would like an expert advisor designed

rule buy - rsioma up and trend direction index cross up

rule sell - rsioma down and trend direction index cross down

rule exit - change direction of rsioma

rule - only one trade per rsioma trend direction

please help me ive tried to be profitable in forex too long, i need a chance.

timmyhanke:
It works in lower spread, but as soon as it has a spread 3-5 pips its starts to struggle.
And it makes profits but the loosing trades are bigger than what i want them to be , so hopefully i can manage that through averages.
So for now its either a good trading day or a bad trading day , and when its changed hopefully it will be great days and days that are totally okey. 

It would mean alot if you added the averages to it , you dont have to add all of them , but just a couple would be nice :) 
What I meant is the following : in the case you described changing the average type from sma to something else will not help. If you already know what can happen in cases like that, with strategy adjustment you can minimize eventual loses and then you can have a working trading strategy - without a need to change anything in the indicator itself

mladen:

Try using this one (it is not exactly fractals, but it might be very similar to what you want)

i dont know what ZUP is , sounds like a  tv show to me . thanks for this indi ... looks pretty close (even better) to what i had in mind

Exclusive Forum

Requests & Ideas

KumoBreake, 2016.05.19 14:29

i dont know what ZUP is , sounds like a  tv show to me . thanks for this indi ... looks pretty close (even better) to what i had in mind

Check these threads :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183127

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173439

mladen:

Found an issue (when a trend changes in one single bar)

This version solves that

Reason: