The best trend-finding indicator - page 7

icas:

You can add another dozen or so indices... I think many went through this process...

There could be more, but what is the point? What can be a better trend indicator than the price, or at least a smoothed price? Price movement almost always consists of several different and often multi-directional trends/movements. This year it is going up, but for the last month it has been going down, at the same time last week it was going up, and today it seems to be going down, despite being in a flat for the last couple of hours, etc. What kind of trend are we interested in? In any case, by taking the simple price difference of the required scale we find out what is the trend, the same thing we can do with any of the indicators, having selected the required timeframe and/or period, but is it more difficult?

The indicators predicting the trend, such as the one suggested by Yusuf, are another thing, yes, you can choose the best one, calculate reliability, test it, etc... But this is not an indicator, but actually a ready-made TS...

Topor:
Nothing like Heiken Ashi

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sta2066:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it redraw or not??? Does iCustom() lend itself/no??? or do you stick the code directly into the owls...? :-)

P.S. I haven't looked at his code myself yet...

Figar0:

There's more than that, but what's the point? What can be a better trend indicator than the price, or at least the smoothed price? Price movement almost always consists of several different-scale and often multi-directional trends/movements. This year it is going up, but for the last month it has been going down, at the same time last week it was going up, and today it seems to be going down, despite being in a flat for the last couple of hours, etc. What kind of trend are we interested in? In any case, by taking the simple price difference of the required scale we find out what is the trend, the same thing we can do with any of the indicators, having selected the required timeframe and/or period, but is it more difficult?

The indicators predicting the trend, such as the one suggested by Yusuf, are another thing, yes, you can choose the best one, calculate reliability, test it, etc... But this is not an indicator, but actually a ready-made TS...

Golden words! As I was formulating the phrase, you beat me to it.

is this a hot topic today andisheiken ashi the best indicator or not?

Thanks in advance!

vusal555:

is this a hot topic today andisheiken ashi the best indicator or not?

Thanks in advance!

Heiken Ashi is a great indicator, but not as a separate system, but as part of a trading system with other filters.

Reason: