PowerTrading/The River - page 16

good news. today should be profitable for those ready to take it. I'm afraid I missed the move.

Good day

We were finally able to get a day where we trended a bit, which made this easier to trade. Notice I am now using the LWMA 50 as early on 15min chart. I realize that some do not use 50 on 15min chart, but when you backtest this you will see this cross at the River is great confirmation. The is Gbp/Jpy.

PT

More with Cable

Same thing from today/yesterdays trade. This with the cable.

Great

solounofx:
hai everyone .....

this is my first live trade with The River :

GJ short 234.23 TP1 hit +34 trailing stop hit +10

GU short 1.9630 TP1 1.9595 TP2 1.9578

TP1 hit +35

trailing stop hit +6

Total : 85 pips

Thaks PT for your tread, it's work for me.

What a way to start. Great job. Apply all the basic knowledge you have and add the LWMA 50 and backtest as early entry.

PT

Thanks

Powertrader,

I have been trading this for a few weeks now with some great results. I have written an EA if you would like to see it. Trading manually and with EA I have made over 1000 pips. Some of these were on the exact same trades but the manual system is great and I have had only a few more losses with the EA. The 50 ma has helped with the false breakouts.

Great method, thanks again for sharing.

yes share your EA please.

poss Filter

I to am testing with an EA that i have refined over the last 2 years. MM is always the issue. I have added a filter ensuring the River is at least sloping in the same direction as the potential trade e.g.last bar envelope is > env bar of 5 bars ago for a long trade. I also looking at using a daily trend as a filter. Good system used in a variety of forms but seems to stand the tests.

Steve

Cool

JFForex:
Powertrader,

I have been trading this for a few weeks now with some great results. I have written an EA if you would like to see it. Trading manually and with EA I have made over 1000 pips. Some of these were on the exact same trades but the manual system is great and I have had only a few more losses with the EA. The 50 ma has helped with the false breakouts.

Great method, thanks again for sharing.

I would love to see your EA. I have not seen anyone use that LWMA 50 and it is really making a great difference to me. Also, in our TeamSpeak room we are now using Fibo like never before.

Trades to day. Long on the geppy at 235.16, Long on cabe at 1.9743 and a reversal on geppy at 236 for a total of 131 pips. Left about 100 on the table.

Check out the charts and see how these trades set up.

PT

Ea

SteveC:
I to am testing with an EA that i have refined over the last 2 years. MM is always the issue. I have added a filter ensuring the River is at least sloping in the same direction as the potential trade e.g.last bar envelope is > env bar of 5 bars ago for a long trade. I also looking at using a daily trend as a filter. Good system used in a variety of forms but seems to stand the tests. Steve

Steve,

It would be great to see an EA on this method. I believe, because I have been trading this method everyday for 4 months I could assist with some of the problems. I have found filters that I am not sure can be programmed and some I know can. These filters are what makes this a money maker.

PT

Ea

How do we want to do this. I can put up what I already have.

I have some mods of my own but haven't traded it yet. It would be great to have a go with your starting point, at least we know it works. You may be surprised what can be done. Not everything has to be automatic. I have written EA's wher eit loos at manually drawn trend lines etc so we can always trick the EA.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Steve

PS Spiritbreezer, your PM is full. To answer you question The High Low are drawn by an EA. Can do it in a script as well etc. Not an indicator.

I did reply earlier but put the message in the wrong thread

PowerTrader:
Steve,

It would be great to see an EA on this method. I believe, because I have been trading this method everyday for 4 months I could assist with some of the problems. I have found filters that I am not sure can be programmed and some I know can. These filters are what makes this a money maker.

PT
Reason: