Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 45

slow week

This is one of those slow weeks for the market. But it is to be expected because most pairs last week was in a slow trending mode.

Everyone just hang in there it will pick up

Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed is a nice indicator

turnupvol,

I have changed my candles to [1] for thickness and I like it a lot better. Just not as bright on the chart and easier to see everything else on the chart. IMO My settings are:

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM, 0, 1, Red);

SetIndexBuffer(0, ExtMapBuffer1);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM, 0, 1, RoyalBlue);

SetIndexBuffer(1, ExtMapBuffer2);

SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_HISTOGRAM, 0, 1, Red);

SetIndexBuffer(2, ExtMapBuffer3);

SetIndexStyle(3,DRAW_HISTOGRAM, 0, 1, RoyalBlue);

SetIndexBuffer(3, ExtMapBuffer4);

HA smoothed is just another MA crossover, but without the divergence. If you still want to go forth with confirmation from HA, I'd go for the normal HA candles.

just my 2 cents

FX Flyboy,turnupvol

FX Flyboy can you please post HA candles you use here and tell me which is the signal you use when entering? Or if we use HA smooth (turnupvol) which would be the confirmation? When it turns red/blue if before was a down/up signal?

How manny bars should wait for HA smooth signal after a normal signal was showed?

What about a good position trail, what indicators can we use or how should work? I'm ready to code everything you say it will work, just let me know what would you like to try.

Nix can you please tell me what you used for entry and how it works till now?

Thanks, zmax

HA indicator

zmax here is the indicator. I will give you an explanation and screen shots in a little bit.

Files:

EA idea

Zmax, I am posting a screenshots of the idea that I have to isolate some of the false signals and lock in some profit, because price will go our way many times 50 even 100 pips and then come back and hit our stop. The ma on the chart is FXSniper's ma that I have modified. It is attached. Works pretty much in line with HA, sometimes it is quicker, which can be good and bad.

P.S. I just started running the backtester form August 1 and I picked the first trade. It was totally random, did not intentionally pick this trade.

Files:

Exit rule

Sometimes price will range for a while after an FTP signal, so apply the HA/FXSnipers exit rule only if let's say profit is 30 pips or more.

cannot see indicator

bigbear3391:
Hey All,

I was trying to get help making an EA out of this & it was suggested that I post it here so people will get comfy with it.

Before I get into it I have a few things to say.....

Yes you will lose.

But with proper money management & practice you can do pretty good.

All the tools needed are available for download. This system only works on MT4 brokers.

Heres how it works.

On a 1 hour (aggressive) or a 4 hour (optimal) chart, place the ZIGZAG POINTER & NON LAGGING ZIGZAG indicator with the inputs supplied, on a candle chart with period separators.

This is a 4 HR chart:

This is a 1 HR chart:

How To Enter 4 Hour Chart

When you see an arrow & the Zig-Zag Line, go in that direction. Place your stop according to your risk appetite. I use at 60 on a 4 HR & 20 on a 1 HR depending on which pair you use (I use the EUR/JPY or GBP/JPY 1hr or 4 hr) & your risk appetite, you can set your goals. Your trade will go until you hit your goal or the next bounce with an Arrow.

If you dont see a new arrow yet, this trade MIGHT not be done. You have 2 options.

1)You can get out & wait for the next arrow.

2)You can adjust your stop to capture some pips & ride it out.

The reason I say that is because I have noticed that more than a few times the trend will bounce & retrace for a while, then continue. I have used the bounce as stop & a chance to add to my positions.

A few points are if the overall trend is long & you see a short signal, chances are its a small retrace so it is more risky. However its a good chance for a quick profit.

How To Enter 1 Hour Chart

If you choose to use a 1 hr chart I recommend that you get out at each bounce or your specified targets.

This is a serious trading system. I have been scoffed at about this but I have been using it.

If you have the time I think you should demo it.

Before I forget, yes the arrows move. If a new high/low is established, the arrow will move to the next PROBABLE reverse point. So backtesting is useless. Only forward testing applies & thats why I know it works.

Constructive comments & suggestings are welcome.

Thank you for your time

Bear-

hi big bear

i am new for your thread n try to follow it, but i have a little problem, the indicator wont show up, could u post it again, big thanks to u

regards

awan

Hi mpower,

From your pictures entry when:

Entry:

We have normal signal (arrow+nonlagzigzag)

We have 1 white HA

Fx sniper MA turned to orange.

EA will enter on the second white candle open? Or with the first white candle from HA?

Exit: after 30 points trail. I did not understoond how would the trail work?

In the picture i've seen some retraces but how to identify the retrace low/high with fx sniper MA and HA?

When HA and Fx MA turn agains you is what you wanted to show?

Thanks, Victor

zmax:
Hi mpower,

From your pictures entry when:

Entry:

We have normal signal (arrow+nonlagzigzag)

We have 1 white HA

Fx sniper MA turned to orange.

EA will enter on the second white candle open? Or with the first white candle from HA?

Exit: after 30 points trail. I did not understoond how would the trail work?

In the picture i've seen some retraces but how to identify the retrace low/high with fx sniper MA and HA?

Thanks, Victor

Victor,

Thanks for your co-operation. The rules:

1. We have a normal signal arrow+zigzag

2. We have a closed white candle for long/red candle for short(if you want you can use fxsniper's ma, it is not necessary because the signal will be similar in timing, but if you want to use as additional confirmation the color must be gold for long--золотой цвет/green color for short--зеленый цвет) So, the EA will enter on the second white candle open for long. The ea will open 2 lots.

3. The ea will set the stop at the arrow, the bottom for a long trade.

4. If profit is more than 30 pips, and we have a red HA(assuming we are long), on the second red HA open ea exits 1 lot, and moves stop loss to break even for the second lot.

5. The ea will exit the second lot and take profit at the close of the candle where we get an opposite signal(short in our example) arrow+zigzag. That's it let me know if you have any questions. Will be glad to help.

Regards,

Stanislav.

Reason: