Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 46

If you can make an ea with the above rules, I will run it on gbp/jpy in visual mode. Just curious to see how it would've done on that huge upmove of over 1500 pips. If the ea can withstand that with minimal losses, it will most likely withstand anything

yes finally eur/usd breaking upward

The Original Indicators

Attached are the original indicators Awan22 requested.

First Post

Bear,

Thank you very much for this strategy. Most effective and simple. I was wondering if anyone was able to put an alert on the zigzagpointer for emailing or SMS? I would think this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Colin

forex11:
here is my chart.

Hi there can you tell us what is your settings on the MA. Looks like very nice filter for such a system.

thx

moving averages

hi hexidecimal, the moving averages are a 5ema/close and a 12ema/close.

I use them for once I am in a trade they help me see how strong a trend could be.the wider apart they are it always seems to be a strong trend. but I don't use them for entry,s.

Hi mpower,others

I uploaded here another version of boncingPip using the entry you've shown me. Let me tell you how it works now:

Entry if:

- normal signal (zigzag pointer + nonlagzigzag)

- HA goes in the indicated direction in one of the next "WaitHA" bars. WaitHA is a parameter you can set when testing the EA.

If let's say i set it to 4 than the entry will be if:

normal signal, and in the 4 next bars from the normal signal we have one single bar that is colored by Heineken Ashi indicator the way we want it.Up if the normal signal was up and down if normal signal was down. Hope you understood if not please let me know .

-The stop loss is set when entering to low/high + spread at that moment +1*Pip of the bar with the arrow. So if the prices hits the high/low of the bar with the arrow the transaction will not be stoped.

-Tp is fixed now to whatever you set it from the tester.

I'm uploading this version for you to test it, and to see if the entry is the right one now, or should we add other indicators or other tings to filter it. Please check and let me know what you think.

I received on e-mail another good ideea from Sally Li and i will try to implement it. It uses zig_zagy indicator that seemed to repaint a little less than zigzag_pointer but you get only a fiew entrys in the same period of time.

Ok, please let me know what you think and what should i do further to improove it.

Thanks, Victor

Files:

forex11:
hi hexidecimal, the moving averages are a 5ema/close and a 12ema/close. I use them for once I am in a trade they help me see how strong a trend could be.the wider apart they are it always seems to be a strong trend. but I don't use them for entry,s.

Thx for the fast replay.

Testing EA

ZMax,

I am testing your EA tonight on the G-U 15m TF with a TP of 10. With these settings I'm just trying to get a reaction from it to see if it works right. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. BTW, I'm still testing your other EA on the 4hr TF but so far no trades have occurred this week.

Helpful filter, maybe

Bear: Great, simple system! I have been looking and looking - I think I can trade this one!

Currently in GBP/USD (4 hr) with +122 pips! (I gambled and went in late, but it's just a demo account) - I wanted to get a feel for the system. Had I been able to get in with the signal, I would be over 200 pips now.

There has been a lot of discussion of filters for this system on this thread. So, I started throwing indicators at the window. One has stood out so far - RSI. It does not turn the strategy into the holy grail - but I've noticed a significant number of the successful signals have the RSI at or above 70 (short) and at or below 30 (long).

Someone else want to take a look and verify? I haven't been able to forward test, since I haven't seen any signals since I started reading this thread...

Reason: