Project

I posted some time ago about the "best EA", as a project would or could any programmer or would be programmer, like to try, on this post to convert some suggestions to build such an EA, many of us have great ideas of criteria on trading, if possible we could all "chip in" with them and create a  menagerie of ideas to code, it may take a while to process but all would benefit if made possible, just a thought and please, don't post "no slaves on here and jobs section" it's just a thought, we are somewhat of an extended family, can we use it to our advantage?

If this emerges we could rest on a suggested processes and it could be coded up in increments so by the end of the thread we have a finished article.

Feeling a little alone on this one, I tried though, suppose it all comes down to money and why not, no one gives nothing free theses days, me included, well it wasn't a free request, it was a kind of one off for willing participants to get involved, never the less, we get the message,  

rob:
Feeling a little alone on this one, I tried though, suppose it all comes down to money and why not, no one gives nothing free theses days, me included, well it wasn't a free request, it was a kind of one off for willing participants to get involved, never the less, we get the message,  
Please do not under estimate first. To do a great job and expect things extraordinary, it takes patience, hard work and commitment. No one has contributed to this discussion there are a lot of factors, for example, do not have the time, do not have any ideas, no thoughts, do not understand with your idea and so on. So, be patient and do not despair, there is always a way.

rob:

I posted some time ago about the "best EA", as a project would or could any programmer or would be programmer, like to try, on this post to convert some suggestions to build such an EA, many of us have great ideas of criteria on trading, if possible we could all "chip in" with them and create a  menagerie of ideas to code, it may take a while to process but all would benefit if made possible, just a thought and please, don't post "no slaves on here and jobs section" it's just a thought, we are somewhat of an extended family, can we use it to our advantage?

If this emerges we could rest on a suggested processes and it could be coded up in increments so by the end of the thread we have a finished article.

Hi rob,

Idea is good especially if some coders will participate. On this way - free EAs (first versions) can be posted to CodeBase, and advanced versions - may be posted by coders to the Market. But I am not sure that coders will participate on this way .... because ideas are coming from trading ... and it may be many good trading ideas.

Let's see how this thread will be going to be developed ... 

If we are talking about ideas - I remember good idea of ElectricSavant about EAs' Switcher (EA of the EAs). He expressed this idea on some other forum (and I participated in the discussion)

The story is the following: when he came to the forum and saw many EAs ... he started to think about how to use them. Because, as we know - any EA is very profitable for some particular market condition:

• counter trend EAs are profitable during the counter trend market condition (during the correction or rally as the secondary trend).

• trend following EAs are profitable during the primary trend (bearish or bullish)

• scalping EAs are profitable during falt or ranging

and so on 

After he got stucked with using many EAs on the same time so he created this idea:

"Hi guy, please create some EA switcher for me which will switch EAs on my charts to on/off based on current market condition".

It was real story :) The guys (programmers) started to think ... and the only they discovered was the following: they found the way how one EA can "communicate" with the other EA within same Metatrader platform without library file and without dll file. But after that - they stopped.

So, it is still the idea. 

As I know - there is similar thread in russian mql5 forum with similar EA: EAs Switcher. But it was just a discussion ...

Hi Guys and thanks for the input, maybe I was a little hasty in my comments, ND, this is the kind of suggestions that could be a possibility, in general we could talk through all parts of an ea and if we had a programmer, it could be coded as we go, my thoughts would be to number the sections and give them a title, something on the lines of

1:what conditions are we looking for, for open,

Some solutions users could suggest

1i day of the week, set open time,price movement in relation to particular indicator, volume, etc..

The possibilities could be endless but decide on what criteria decides the opening of a trade, it could be a multitude of actions or occurrences,    together as a group the input and ideas could be excellent

EDIT

If users suggest an Idea they would  give some reasons to back their suggestion  

Reason: