Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 52

thx

turnupvol:
Attached are the original indicators Awan22 requested.

thanks turnupvol, hope it work

user4001:
Walterw you can try the attached zig-zag indicator.I think this one update correct and it has an alert also.

Thanks for this one! This is great! Is there any way that we can make it play a custom wav file from a directory on the computer when there is an alert?

stop to close

I put my stop to close this morning on the gbp/jpy by only 3 pips then it went down another +200 pips oh well it still was a +236 pip trade.

can't squabble.

Files:

basza:
Hi all,

Just a quick question. I have set this system up on a few charts and am waiting for a signal. I just finished watching TV and saw this on E/U. What I would like to know is , is this what they call Stop Hunting?

I also have Marketiva and on their list the lowest E/U has gone today is 1.3617.

Hey basza,

I dont know what that is. Most likely its just a glitch. Brokers will never be so obvious in their stop hunting practices. Stop hunting is usually coded into the programing matrix of the platform. It is very subtle. Its a lot more prevalent in trading platforms that are designed by the broker. It can still be done with MT4 & I am sure it is.

Also you must know that the big players out there (banks, institutions, billionaires, etc.) have the capacity to manipulate the market for short periods of times. They band together to take out stops at certain levels.

This market is unregulated & anyone can do anything especially out of the USA, UK & Swiss.

Bear-

ocm1:
hi bear,

do u mind share ur 1hr e/j setting and 4hr g/j setting.

i means :

e/j 1hr setting

NonLagZigZag_v2

price =

Length=

PctFilter=

zigzag pointer

extdepth=

extdeviation=

extbackstep=

and

g/j 4hr setting

NonLagZigZag_v2

price =

Length=

PctFilter=

zigzag pointer

extdepth=

extdeviation=

extbackstep=

thank you

ocm
bigbear3391:
Hey there,

Well I dont use an MA. Although I could see how it could be used as a visual aid.

The settings on the NLZZ are:

the Settings for the Zig Zag Pointer are:

Hope that helps

Bear-

Hey ocm1,

The settings are the same from as low as 1 hour to has high as daily. Any more or less than that & the signals become warped.

Bear-

Me too

I had both GBPJPY and EURJPY on, and had my stop too close. Between the two, I still got 339 pips. BUT, if I had stayed in, I would have made closer to 600 pips between the 2. Hard to complain, but I could certainly quit trading for the rest of the week after 2 days like this! (and a real account rather than demo!)

Just got a signal on GBPJPY on the 1H tf. Hope we're going for another ride!

Bear- any comments on how to not get stopped out? I remember you saying trailing stops don't work too well on this system. I could have gotten out at the first NLZZ line and kept another 100 pips or so - but had I stayed in, it would be much more. Do you ride till the first line, or wait for a reverse signal always?

Thanks!

He who laughs last thinks slowest

bigbear3391:
Hey basza,

I dont know what that is. Most likely its just a glitch. Brokers will never be so obvious in their stop hunting practices. Stop hunting is usually coded into the programing matrix of the platform. It is very subtle. Its a lot more prevalent in trading platforms that are designed by the broker. It can still be done with MT4 & I am sure it is.

Also you must know that the big players out there (banks, institutions, billionaires, etc.) have the capacity to manipulate the market for short periods of times. They band together to take out stops at certain levels.

This market is unregulated & anyone can do anything especially out of the USA, UK & Swiss.

Bear-

Thanks for your reply BigBear.

Yes it looks like it might of been a glich, because when I woke up this morning it was gone from the chart.

At the moment I am trying this system on 4hr charts and am only checking them every 4hr. I'm trying not to watch the screen full time. Would you suggest that 4 hr is better than 1hr or are they about the same? Which one would you say has the less risk?

Thanks

basza:
Thanks for your reply BigBear.

Yes it looks like it might of been a glich, because when I woke up this morning it was gone from the chart.

At the moment I am trying this system on 4hr charts and am only checking them every 4hr. I'm trying not to watch the screen full time. Would you suggest that 4 hr is better than 1hr or are they about the same? Which one would you say has the less risk?

Thanks

Hey basza,

I would say that the 4hr gives less false signals but the 1 hr CAN produce more pips.

So the choice is yours.

My friend, partner & co-developer of FTC trades off the 1 hr. I use the 4hr. Someone on here mentioned Daily. Its really up to you. How much time do you have for trading? Would you risk more possible losses for a chance at more pips?

Bear-

1h gives long on G/J, E/J e U/J

Files:
1_1.bmp  725 kb

metastock:
1h gives long on G/J, E/J e U/J

2h later ...very good....

I'm waiting for reversal signal to close OP

Files:
1_2.bmp  95 kb
Reason: