C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 27

Barnix,

With 0.02 lots you should use a 10,000.00 standard account. Looks like your using a mini account EURJPYm vs. EURJPY.

TimeFreedom

barnix:
CTrader statement,

preset file

and Used margin

Thanks for observation.

TimeFreedom:
Barnix,

With 0.02 lots you should use a 10,000.00 standard account. Looks like your using a mini account EURJPYm vs. EURJPY.

TimeFreedom

Start Date: 01.02.07 - 10.08.07

Max. Equity High: +$4,493.25 Date: 07.25.07

Max. Equity Low: -$1,551.02 Date: 03.05.07

Current Profit/Loss: +$1,875.75 / +18%

superluz:
TimeFreedom

Sorry but I couldn’t be able to try out the indicator that you post earlier, do you have any value of the max used margin with a 10000 standard account, using a 0.10 lot, during the last year?

jlpi could you post your smaller basket ,only for testing purpose?

I would like to thanks everybody for the inputs given till now…

superluz:
TimeFreedom

Sorry but I couldn’t be able to try out the indicator that you post earlier, do you have any value of the max used margin with a 10000 standard account, using a 0.10 lot, during the last year?

jlpi could you post your smaller basket ,only for testing purpose?

I would like to thanks everybody for the inputs given till now…

0.1 lotsize is far too large for a $10,000 account. I was demo-ing 0.1 lots on a $25,000 account during the carry-trade unfolding and it blew the account. One new $25,000 account later with 0.05 lots-size, this also recieved a serious mauling but didn't blow the account. This ratio btw is what vtam advised.

btw, this was in full martingale mode. I am currently demo-ing two variations atm. The first, martingale until level 3 then switches to "safe-mode", the other uses Binary position sizing. Both are up about 2.5% atm with no Secondary lot-sizes having yet been opened. The whole market still seems to be appreciating, which is pretty boring for this strategy...

CTrader v02 Statement8

IBFX Mini 10000 USD 1:200

Files:

CTrader v02 USED MARGIN

IBFX Mini 10000 USD 1:200

TP=200pips

Lot1=0.2

Lot2=0.4

Lot3=0.8

Files:
fft.gif  32 kb

I would just like to point out to anyone reading this thread for the first time that Barnix's EA is not an implementation of vtam's (the thread creator) strategy. Therefore the margin usage shown in the pic. above is far less (a good thing!) than actually occurred - the carrytrade unwind actually blew up my demo implementation of vtam's strategy.

Having restarted vtam's strategy after the 'crash', account equity is now up 2.5%. There have been no secondary orders opened in ages (just a slow apprecation of the core-basket) so it is indeed a very boring strategy to watch...

C-Trader Today after GBP-USD

omelette:
I would just like to point out to anyone reading this thread for the first time that Barnix's EA is not an implementation of vtam's (the thread creator) strategy. Therefore the margin usage shown in the pic. above is far less (a good thing!) than actually occurred - the carrytrade unwind actually blew up my demo implementation of vtam's strategy. Having restarted vtam's strategy after the 'crash', account equity is now up 2.5%. There have been no secondary orders opened in ages (just a slow apprecation of the core-basket) so it is indeed a very boring strategy to watch...

Omelette/VTAM

I started trading C-Trader on September 29th with $10,000 demo. I started using the C-Trader EA posted on VIP Fx and when it expired just went manually. I have essentially played in safe mode; never used Martingale using mini lots starting with 0.1 up to 0.4. My method is to take a profit when there is about $150 using an EA that secures a profit level of whatever you set. I re-enter usually immediately if I'm in front of the computer. If I'm at work I re-enter when I check the charts when I get home at night and if a profit has occurred, I re-enter postions then.

Yesterday my account was up to $12,900 and had not done much for 2-3 days with drawdown averaging about $150-200. When the GBP-USD started dropping last night, I found the drawdown had reached around $500 and I added a second position of 0.4 lots (my core position was 0.2 lots). By 4:30 AM EST (I had woke up sick & checked the account) the drawdown had risen to about $2300 (about 18%). At that time I added another set of positions, this time 0.3 lots and saw it go initially to a $2500. It made me nervous to say the least. I went ahead and went back to bed and when I checked the account at 7:30 AM, the last lot had gone to profit ($150) and I had a floating profit of $654 which I closed immediately for a profit for the day of $800! So it turned out OK, but it took awhile for the correlated pairs to make up the difference. Initially, the EUR-USD had been ranging and was not affected by the drop in GBP. One thing I did, and I'm not sure if it was good or bad, but on the 3rd round I sold GBP-USD, and bought EUR-USD rather than the reverse which I had done earlier. I have attached my current statement for those who are interested.

Trader1

Reason: