C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 29

2nd month with real account

Here are the results for my second month for my adapted version on a real account.

This month like the previous one has been excellent;

The balance has now reached +29%;

That is also consistent with vtam results

vtam:

I have run tests now for 2.5 months on multiple markets..... currencies, metals, stocks, grains, energy....... and the account is up 27.5% in 2 months.

Bottom line - the basket idea is foundationally robust and exciting. You must then go figure out your position sizing and when to add and take off that corresponds to your risk tolerance.

VTAM

We are currently in a drawdown (about 5% for me now) but that is also a good opportunity to have a good return for the coming month !

About the basket I agree with vtam that everybody has to find the basket suitable for him. It is better to have a basket that you have chosen for some reason and then you understand why you have this basket instead of taking any already made basket.

To answer to a previous post of Superluz I would say try any subsample of the original pair basket that make sense (meaning don't take only JPY pairs for instance) and results should be good.

My objective in giving my results on a real account is just to show that this strategy works if you are patient enough.

If people are interested I will continue to give results otherwise I won't because I don't want to act like I would just show off with my results every month.

JLPI,

Great results! I am up +8.4% since 08.14.07 using original basket. Your results are up almost 4X my results. Are you using a hybrid of martingale and safe method? Can you please elaborate on your adapted version?

Thanks in advance,

TimeFreedom

jlpi:
Here are the results for my second month for my adapted version on a real account.

This month like the previous one has been excellent;

The balance has now reached +29%;

That is also consistent with vtam results

We are currently in a drawdown (about 5% for me now) but that is also a good opportunity to have a good return for the coming month !

About the basket I agree with vtam that everybody has to find the basket suitable for him. It is better to have a basket that you have chosen for some reason and then you understand why you have this basket instead of taking any already made basket.

To answer to a previous post of Superluz I would say try any subsample of the original pair basket that make sense (meaning don't take only JPY pairs for instance) and results should be good.

My objective in giving my results on a real account is just to show that this strategy works if you are patient enough.

If people are interested I will continue to give results otherwise I won't because I don't want to act like I would just show off with my results every month.

TimeFreedom:
JLPI,

Great results! I am up +8.4% since 08.14.07 using original basket. Your results are up almost 4X my results. Are you using a hybrid of martingale and safe method? Can you please elaborate on your adapted version?

Thanks in advance,

TimeFreedom

I am surprised that the original basket didn't do more.

I use a safe method as explained in post 181 also because I test it on an account that it is not very large.

I think that the main reason for the difference in results is that I use only part of the original basket and that part is moving more in % than the total basket.

For instance if I check the big drop in July / August this year it's almost a 25% drop for my basket (without opening any new lot: 25% from the top with 1 lot).

I guess that with the original basket is it less than 10%.

Because now we have almost recover from this drop, so for me it make sense that my percentage is about the total drop (25%) + few % taken from the variations up and down.

TimeFreedom:
JLPI,

It sounds like your adapted version is a lot more volatile than the original method and thus your bigger returns and risk.

TimeFreedom

Yes, I think that it is more volatile than the original method in safe mode but of course still much less risky than the martingale version.

It's like something intermediate.

JLPI,

It sounds like your adapted version is a lot more volatile than the original method and thus your bigger returns and risk.

TimeFreedom

jlpi:
I am surprised that the original basket didn't do more.

I use a safe method as explained in post 181 also because I test it on an account that it is not very large.

I think that the main reason for the difference in results is that I use only part of the original basket and that part is moving more in % than the total basket.

For instance if I check the big drop in July / August this year it's almost a 25% drop for my basket (without opening any new lot: 25% from the top with 1 lot).

How did you only incur -25% DD from the current carry unwind if the strategy calls to open additional trades once equity is -1%? Most likely if you followed the strategy you should have had at least 4 baskets opened through the unwind which would make your DD a lot more than -25%?

I guess that with the original basket is it less than 10%.

Because now we have almost recover from this drop, so for me it make sense that my percentage is about the total drop (25%) + few % taken from the variations up and down.

JLPI,

How did you only incur -25% DD from the current carry unwind if the strategy calls to open additional trades once equity is -1%? Most likely if you followed the strategy you should have had at least 4 baskets opened through the unwind which would make your DD a lot more than -25%?

jlpi:
Yes, I think that it is more volatile than the original method in safe mode but of course still much less risky than the martingale version. It's like something intermediate.

TimeFreedom:
JLPI, How did you only incur -25% DD from the current carry unwind if the strategy calls to open additional trades once equity is -1%? Most likely if you followed the strategy you should have had at least 4 baskets opened through the unwind which would make your DD a lot more than -25%?

I meant without opening new baskets. I was 25% DD with only the original basket. So more with additional baskets but less than 100% Also as my basket is more volatil I use a bigger percentage than 1% for opening new baskets otherwise the account would be soon wipped out !

It is only 1% for the 'original' basket - after that drawdowns of 4%, 11% 26% and 57% will trigger the additional secondary orders.

At least that is my (re)reading of vtams pdf. During the unwind, not only was my demo account half the recommended ratio, I was also opening secondary orders on every 1% decline - and it killed the account dead, unsurprisingly!

Ive been testing since 8/17.2007, my equity high is 13 % currently i am at 10%. Pure safe mode.

Can anyone tell me what forex brokers allows metals? Vtam?

Unlike most strategies (or London buses), nothing happens for ages, then a load of trades come along - all as a result of the latest overall market volatility of course!

My martingale setup got to level 3 then opened an additional round of secondary orders in 'safe mode' - it has just closed all of it's secondary trades for a nice profit. Swap profits add significantly during these periods as well - swap now contributes a not insignificant 0.67% to account equity.

The 'Binary' setup (essentially 'safe-mode' atm) still has its Secondary orders open (level 2 reached) so is quietly collecting swap. Nice

PS - forgot to add, drawdown for the martingaler was about 25%, only 4% for 'safe-mode' so a lot of additional (unnecessary(!)...) risk...

Reason: