C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 31

Yes, I use safe mode only. I don't trade martingale anything.

TimeFreedom

jeffreytp:
So I guess you're doing it strictly using safe mode? You're doubling up each time?

TimeFreedom:
Yes, I use safe mode only. I don't trade martingale anything. TimeFreedom

That is interesting smjones has very different results:

Forex Factory - View Single Post - C-Trader 4% a month for 3 months - results live

Yes, it's very interesting that my DD's are as big as they are (-40%) since smjones has only incurred a max DD of 8%.

TimeFreedom

jeffreytp:
That is interesting smjones has very different results: Forex Factory - View Single Post - C-Trader 4% a month for 3 months - results live

TimeFreedom:
Yes, it's very interesting that my DD's are as big as they are (-40%) since smjones has only incurred a max DD of 8%. TimeFreedom

Are you sure you are opening Secondary orders a the 'right' time? - It is only 1% for the 'original' basket - after that drawdowns of 4%, 11% 26% and 57% will trigger the additional secondary orders.

Omelette,

I am using an EA to place the trades, therefore will have to check the code. What has been your Max. DD and when did you start your demo?

I appreciate your help,

TimeFreedom

omelette:
Are you sure you are opening Secondary orders a the 'right' time? - It is only 1% for the 'original' basket - after that drawdowns of 4%, 11% 26% and 57% will trigger the additional secondary orders.

TimeFreedom:
Omelette,

I am using an EA to place the trades, therefore will have to check the code. What has been your Max. DD and when did you start your demo?

I appreciate your help,

TimeFreedom

Unfortunately, I had my demo running on Alecchofx, who seem to 'expire' demo accounts at random - at least this is what happened to mine a few days ago! Up till then, the safe-mode drawdown was about 11.5% (max d/d was about 13-14% if memory serves). The modified-martingaler (after 3 levels, safe-mode) was down about 37% then...

But these are not really 'normal' market conditions - the USD is in meltdown mode, dragging the entire market with it...

TimeFreedom:
Omelette,

I appreciate your help,

TimeFreedom

Would you mind posting the EA?

Ive been testing since 8.17.2007 I am experiencing similar results to time freedom, I am currently at 67 % DD. Pure Safe mode. I fear Ill get blown out. One suggestion may be as Time stated to change the basket dynamicly, and also maybe stop buying positions after a certain point. Maybe level 7?

asinga01:
Ive been testing since 8.17.2007 I am experiencing similar results to time freedom, I am currently at 67 % DD. Pure Safe mode. I fear Ill get blown out. One suggestion may be as Time stated to change the basket dynamicly, and also maybe stop buying positions after a certain point. Maybe level 7?

Would you mind telling me what your start account balance was and what level you are currently on in safe-mode?

omelette:
Would you mind telling me what your start account balance was and what level you are currently on in safe-mode?

I started with 10K, And I currently hold 12 basket pairs, that includes the original one we never sell. Now When I say i am at 65% DD, I am talking about from my high of 11,640.00. This is all pure safe mode.

Reason: