C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 20

Barnix, fascinating stuff. I have the EA chugging along quietly and am watching it with interest.

Question. The 'basket' indicators don't appear to be used by the EA. Could you give a brief overview how exactly you would use them to open/close positions?

As this EA doesn't seem to be based on vtam's strategy (at least I don't think it is...), maybe it would be more at home in a thread of its own.

barnix:
Buy&Sell Basket Convolution indicator

Obviously you are a brainiac and smarter than I. What does this new indicator tell us? When to buy the basket and when to sell it?

Thanks

This indicator it is an experimental indicator.

Don't trade with this indicator.

The CTrader_v01 EA don't use this indicator.

I might stick with the most risk free way of doing this......

Buy GBPUSD at IBFX and sell GBPUSD at FXCM. Both pay interest....... and can't get a more perfect hedge than that!!

AUDCAD same thing. Can create a basket that is perfectly hedged between the two!

BUMP! - vtam, just in case you missed this post

I'm really curious as to how exactly you determine the trigger-level - the number of trades executed in the statement in the past week have left me deeply confused...

omelette:
I thought I understood your strategy until I studied this statement...

I assumed from the pdf explanation that you use a 1% fall from equity-high as a trigger to opening secondary orders (citing as you do a $100,000 account and $1000 dd's) but I see that there have been many positions opened in the past few days - while I have opened the same basket and have seen no secondary orders opened in almost 2 weeks...

I must therefore presume that it is much less that 1% - could you clarify please?

PS - Just had another look and see that while your core-position size appears to be 0.2 lots, there are many closed trades with this lot size - please tell me these were orders entered in safe-mode... If not, I'm clueless as to what is going on

Current Equity High

There are 2 ways to make money with this strategy. The first is by accrual of daily swap. There are 2 ways to make money with this strategy. The first is by accrual of daily swap. The seconds occurs when Adds reach the current equity high. At that point the Adds are closed for a profit while the original basket is left open to continue the accrual of swap.

Rick thanks for posting, so you state:

There are 2 ways to make money with this strategy. The first is by accrual of daily swap. The seconds occurs when Adds reach the current equity high. At that point the Adds are closed for a profit while the original basket is left open to continue the accrual of swap.

So how is the current equity high determined? I guess that is really what I'm trying to discover....Thanks, VLO.

VLO:
...So how is the current equity high determined? I guess that is really what I'm trying to discover....Thanks, VLO.

Current equity-high is determined by the market - if when you open the basket, your account equity is $100,000, then market movement causes it to increase to $102,000, this will be your new equity-high.

The important 'Trigger-level' happens when your account value retreats from this new high by a certain percentage. How exactly this is determined, I am unsure about (see my post above).....

Sorry prvious FFT indicator posted

contain errors.

Correct version for baskets correlaton indicator:

Interpretation of FFT_separate_Baskets3 indicator:

Files:
_gold_8.gif  22 kb
hedgepl.mq4  7 kb

Martingale positions for buy and sell baskets:

Files:
_gold_9.gif  22 kb
Reason: