C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 30

CTrader_v02

Statement

Files:

Anyone expeirencing 30% DD with the current strength in the JPY pairs?

TimeFreedom

same here.... but my DD is 10%; may be you are overleveraging?... or may be your drawdown started before mine....

TimeFreedom:
Anyone expeirencing 30% DD with the current strength in the JPY pairs? TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Anyone expeirencing 30% DD with the current strength in the JPY pairs? TimeFreedom

If you use the standard safe version you should have much less. Maybe 10% as said above;

You can get 30% maybe with the martingale version but we all know that it shouldn't be used.

Even with my riskier strategy I have around 20% DD, so as I got around +35% in balance from previous trades I feel pretty comfortable for the moment.

I am using the standard safe version and my initial basket was opened on 08.14.07. Currently I have 7 open baskets, including the initial basket. My biggest losers are USDCAD and EURUSD. I have been trading C-T since 08.14.07 and the max DD I experienced even during the previous unwind was -20%. Not sure why I am experiencing a bigger DD on a less severe unwind.

@ gorinw9,

Most likely the reason you only see 10% DD is you opened your initial basket at a more favorable position than mine.

TimeFreedom

gorinw9:
same here.... but my DD is 10%; may be you are overleveraging?... or may be your drawdown started before mine....
jlpi:
If you use the standard safe version you should have much less. Maybe 10% as said above;

You can get 30% maybe with the martingale version but we all know that it shouldn't be used.

Even with my riskier strategy I have around 20% DD, so as I got around +35% in balance from previous trades I feel pretty comfortable for the moment.

TimeFreedom:
I am using the standard safe version and my initial basket was opened on 08.14.07. Currently I have 7 open baskets, including the initial basket. My biggest losers are USDCAD and EURUSD. I have been trading C-T since 08.14.07 and the max DD I experienced even during the previous unwind was -20%. Not sure why I am experiencing a bigger DD on a less severe unwind.

Yes, that sound strange to me too.

Did you recover completely from the previous unwind, meaning did you end up only with the core position at some point? The only reason I could see is that some of the trades from the previous unwind are still there.

The time you start this strategy has a strong effect on your balance but it should have less effect on the DD % because the equity peak should be almost at the same time anyway, except if some old trades still remain.

I was trying to remove a bug in my EA so I had the 'trigger' level set at 0.1% and the account size twice the recommended minimium, so it would open/close more trades...

The reason I mention this is that even though I am on the 5'th safe-mode level, I only have a 11.5% drawdown - at considerably more risk as I see it.

My martingale demo is down over 37% however...

In the C-Trader manual, the rule was to scale in with equal amounts of contracts to all the trades (both winning and losing trades)...

Is this the optimised way to scale in when net P/L is negative

or is it better to scale in larger portions for the winners?

How do you analyse a better way of scaling in when having a negative P/L?

Is it ok to scale in when P/L becomes positive at certain levels or to

scale out (manual mentioned just to collect interest)

If so, what are recommended levels? 1%, 3%, 5%, etc?

TimeFreedom:
I am experiencing -40% DD using C-T as described in the manual.

From my observation the reason we are seeing these big DD's is due to the basket being heavily weighted in Selling the JPY, and CHF and also Buying the USD. As we all know the Yen has been gaining strength since the beginning of July and the USD has been weakening, therefore this basket has been eating our profits since the beginning of July.

My opinion is that a basket needs to be dynamic such that we can replace currencies when the overall market sentiment changes.

TimeFreedom

So I guess you're doing it strictly using safe mode? You're doubling up each time?

I am experiencing -40% DD using C-T as described in the manual.

From my observation the reason we are seeing these big DD's is due to the basket being heavily weighted in Selling the JPY, and CHF and also Buying the USD. As we all know the Yen has been gaining strength since the beginning of July and the USD has been weakening, therefore this basket has been eating our profits since the beginning of July.

My opinion is that a basket needs to be dynamic such that we can replace currencies when the overall market sentiment changes.

TimeFreedom

Reason: