PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 14

Well of course Don...just looking for confirmations thats all..

You know a momentum lagging indicator would be ideal for your method.

ES

don_forex:
If you look at the title of the thread, it is PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA... The only reason I added the EMA was to help identify trend. that's it... The whole point is to not have to rely on indicators! Indicators LAG, price does not!

sps8:
here its!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is an indicator missing..

thank you for sharing

alex

I moved those two EAs to here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173061

I puted:

extern int MaxBuys = 5;

extern int MaxSells = 5;

but is not working. I have 7 sell trades.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177291/page8

I see encouraging survivial here. My account is up $54.52 since I downloaded 2 days ago on a start balance of $2,818.30 and drawdown is minimal and qualifies my sniff test thus far...see the above link.

ES

ElectricSavant:

You know a momentum lagging indicator would be ideal for your method.

ES

Since I am only using a EMA right now to ascertain the trend, what kind of Momentum indicator would you recommend?

I have also changed the EA. Before the Ask>Trend and Bid<Trend was the only indication of direction. I have added a TrendPrev and now use TrendPrevTrend for Sells.

Don

PS See Post #1 for updated version.

Actually do not change a thing yet. I want to test, before I continue to make a fool of myself., Great Job Sir...I am getting profit on that simplified EA posted, with its default settings. My drawdown is held to a minimum and I am not using much margin.

(Secret: I used to drive for Swift in 1996 as a company cross country driver and then later for Crete as a cross country driver and then to become an owner operator for Crete)

ES

don_forex:
Since I am only using a EMA right now to ascertain the trend, what kind of Momentum indicator would you recommend?

I have also changed the EA. Before the Ask>Trend and Bid<Trend was the only indication of direction. I have added a TrendPrev and now use TrendPrevTrend for Sells.

Don

PS See Post #1 for updated version.

The newest version has the Ask>Trend and Bid<Trend at the bottom of the Start routine hashed out. It can easily be reversed.

Don

ElectricSavant:

??? what happened?

Reason: