From Demo to Real...

I was wondering, now i that i have consistently profits  for a while, on demo…, how would that turn out on a real account?  Are there some limitations in the use of an expert advisor, regarding to how it is programmed, and which would that be, and does anybody know if FXOPEN, my broker, is reliable?

Ed

EdwinJ:

I was wondering, now i that i have consistently profits  for a while, on demo…, how would that turn out on a real account?  Are there some limitations in the use of an expert advisor, regarding to how it is programmed, and which would that be, and does anybody know if FXOPEN, my broker, is reliable?

Ed

The data feed of demo accounts is not the same with real accounts in most brokers, so if your EA is a scalping one may have different results in real trading.

You'll never know until you try it live.

1. Non-constant spread, slippage. TP/SL become market orders (more slippage/gaps) vs tester being exact. Delays (network, queuing.)
  2. Broker discussions are forbidden.

whroeder1:
  1. Non-constant spread, slippage. TP/SL become market orders (more slippage/gaps) vs tester being exact. Delays (network, queuing.)
  2. Broker discussions are forbidden.

Forbidden by who?…  And how stupid is that, it is the half of trading, the broker, something, or someone.., has to change here!

EdwinJ:

Forbidden by who?…  And how stupid is that, it is the half of trading, the broker, something, or someone.., has to change here!

Forbidden by MetaQuotes.
Broker wars are prohibited on the forum too.
And the recommendation about something to use ("use my broker", "use this EA and you will be rich", and so on) is prohibited on the forum as well.

Because it is the risk to select good broker (good system, good EA), and if you are going to share your risk with everybody so - it is not.

EdwinJ: Forbidden by who?… 
When you registered you agreed to Metaquotes' rules:
Please, be polite communicating in this forum. Any posts which may offend other visitors of the forum are forbidden.
Negative discussions of any banking, brokerage and other financial institutions are not allowed.
Any discussions about personal relations between the participants of the forum are forbidden.
Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden.
Posting of advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden.
Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring moderators' remarks and furthermore open disrespect for administration will result in banning from the forum without any explanations.
The administration has the right to change these rules if necessary.
Reason: