EA : Demo vs Real Account

HI, If I run an EA on a DEMO MT4 account 1 min EURUSD vs the same EA on a Live MT4 Account 1 min EURUSD data, is it possible that you would get different results ( maybe tick feed is different ), that being live is better data feed ??? Broker : InterbankFX

This forward testing an EA, not back testing. Comparing data feeds running an EA in forward testing.

EA : Demo vs Real Account

Hello there,

Please help.

My recent condition with EA :

I'm using EA to try our real transaction in forex.

On back test (Use MT NorthFinance DEMO ACCOUNT), I saw that my EA is perfect to run as I want. The result is good.

Point is always increase. PROFIT!

But, when I try to open with REAL ACCOUNT. The result of EA is really different.

It's vice versa between EA Demo and EA Real Account.

I get PROFIT but NOT LIKE in MT DEMO Version.

What is different using between Demo and Real situation?

More complicated is REAL is NOT SAME RESULT with DEMO account.

Anybody to help me? Please.

Thank you.

Ben

Are you talking about a backtest or a live demo ?

Confuse

pooper scoopers:
Are you talking about a backtest or a live demo ?

Sorry. Live Demo i mean.

EA implement to DEMO is good, but when implement EA to REAL ACCOUNT, the result is BAD.

Tnx.

earobot:
Sorry. Live Demo i mean.

EA implement to DEMO is good, but when implement EA to REAL ACCOUNT, the result is BAD.

Tnx.

good backtest and bad real-time demo account?

thats typical for scalpers.

Shinigami:
good backtest and bad real-time demo account? thats typical for scalpers.

You are SO right, but I think he is talking about demo fwd test vs real money account.

cucurucu:
You are SO right, but I think he is talking about demo fwd test vs real money account.

well that would be interesting

if that wasn't an over-hyper-optimized strategy, forward tested for a week or so and then making $10 loss on one trade on real account...

when I had an account with $4.000 I was happy when I made 500+ profit (not points, dollars)

But GREED ate it all. Lets just say I don't have an account now, as well as I don't have those $4.000 either.

Good luck everyone!

that is right

cucurucu:

yes that is right.

demo first then real account with $400 deposit.

tnx

earobot:
yes that is right.

demo first then real account with $400 deposit.

tnx

pratice your skill and treat it in whatever account

win in live demo and lose in real demo

it's a just mental defence problem....

pratice your skill and stick to your winning rule......that's all...

and after all there will be no difference between live demo or real acount..in except the NEWS spread..

If you trade a scalper EA (LOTS of orders, small wins, small loss) then your broker might be playing with your quotes so you don't get any profit.

that typical for scalpers.

if your ea is not a scalper, well maybe you got unlucky...

trade manually - its the best way

I agree that it depends on your strategy.

With scalping it is much more sensitive to small changes.

Scalping strategies can only be tested on a real account and the result may change from broker to broker.

Personaly I have an EA that is for swing and not scalping and the way it is done it is absolutely consistent between real account, demo account and even backtest !

Reason: