PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 199

david hamil:
I believe the change was successful, but it's difficult to compare, let me explain what i did.

I attempted to create a version that maintained the Martingale like lot allocation, but allowed for setting the SL. This inherently caused an issue with the trades closing early and the Martingale would stop working. I have included MY COPY of the PipMaker which will NOT compile...i integrate my toolkit and removed some of them as to not confuse anyone interested in integrating just this change. You will need to INTEGRATE the portions that are mainly included in Start() @ line 508, PlaceBuyOrder() @line 915, PlaceSellOrder() @line 1006. There are some other changes as well, hopefully it's not confusing.

Back to the differences...Check out the PDF. Using a SL of 160 and an Exit Trade on 10 days(pair is EURUSD on 2009 data), it trades more (235 compared to 80) and is more profitable(5010 vs 4193) and would have been better but it didn't finish it's retrace. Comparing the two is difficult and there are some anomalies, such as Profit factor is better in the old one. This is because of the last hump trade had a higher profit, notice the jump around trade from 70 to 73. (Is this a bug or a trailing profit that got lucky?) Overall i believe my suggested fix trades more, is less risky, and is giving up less to swaps and interest.

Thanks again Enforcer for sharing. I hope this provided some benefit back.

Very funny, I'm supposed to rewrite all functions you left out just to test it?

Merge

No not write all the missing functions...just copy the few changes over. oh well i just merged just the Martingale SL fixes over in a few minutes and it compiles. I haven't tested it, since i'm running another test.

Files:

Needs 1 more improvement

I ran a test across 2008-2009 EURUSD and had a major failure, retracing up to 10 times before it stopped. With the SL version at least it didn't kill my account. However it showed me that there is another tweak that should be done, but i'm NOT expecting Enforcer to code it... This is me sharing my ideas...

My thoughts were the reason for the retracing failure was that subsequent retraces are attempting to win back ALL that was lost. This is fine for losing once, but after losing 4 times, it would have to win exponentially more and every retrace becomes riskier that you can't win it all back. For example, you loose once at 160 SL with .25 lots, your losses should be around 400. My average wins is around 30 and to win back 400 with .5 lots i need 80 pip movement. Now if i loose @.5, my looses are now 1200, my next lot allocation is .75 and i need to win 160 pips. If i loose @.75, my total loses are now 2400, my next lot allocation is 1 lot and i need to win 240 pips. To win 240 pips is risky, each retrace is unlikely to happen and moves away from what PipMaker does best.

What PipMaker does really well at is winning at 25 pip targets. The back tests show it wins 90% of the time and an average of 15X consecutive wins. A more balanced approach might be to either cap the increased 'target' and/or spread the retrace across multiple trades, but at a lower profit target like 25 pips.

soydream:

2. MaximumRisk = 0.5; // 1 mean 0.1% of balance....

0.1% = 10% of balance? or 0.1 of 1% of balance? default is 0.5, is 50% of balance or 0.5% of balance?

I hope this helps you soydream,

1 means 0.1% of balance. ie .5 means .05% ie 100000 account balance *.05%=50 profit . It also can equal the lot size directly at higher balances ie .5 = .50 lots. At smaller balances ie 1000 or less min lot size is .01 and will not apply.

joev1962:
I hope this helps you soydream, 1 means 0.1% of balance. ie .5 means .05% ie 100000 account balance *.05%=50 profit . It also can equal the lot size directly at higher balances ie .5 = .50 lots. At smaller balances ie 1000 or less min lot size is .01 and will not apply.

hi thank you for the explanation,

i am excited again with a lot of new post, i am still testing this ea only with a few best setup now, it really profitable for me in forward testing with some setup.... but i don't do martintriangle.

i want to do a real, but it takes a long time opening that why i postponed it.

mostly for me the best tp is 25 because if we setup stochastic at 80 or 20 mostly go over 25 or 30 at 15 minutes TF stochastic, it need a strong direction to get over 30 pips.

well, at least this ea is profitable for me i believe, not having time yet to do bigger TF. that because now i testing other scalping ea. it's prospecting like pipmaker.

well, i will check this one if there is new update.

thx

Hey soydream, How does this look for a forward test?

Excellent result

joev1962:
Hey soydream, How does this look for a forward test?

Hi there,

Excellent trading result, are you using default values ? if not would you kindly share the values used for Alpari account and what time frame.

many thanks

blueocean

blueocean:
Hi there,

Excellent trading result, are you using default values ? if not would you kindly share the values used for Alpari account and what time frame.

many thanks

blueocean

They are mostly default, 1h TF. Have you been doing some backtesting? If so would you share some results? It seems some people on this thread are afraid to share!

Files:
eurusd_1h.set  3 kb

Thank you so much

joev1962:
They are mostly default, 1h TF. Have you been doing some backtesting? If so would you share some results? It seems some people on this thread are afraid to share!

Thank you so much, no I have not done no bactests yet, I just discovered this EA and would like to test and of course it will be pleasure to share

my results, though I am not an expert.

I just tried the backtest and there is an error, it says that I need to install

Fisher_m11.ex4, I am going to search for this indicator and see what happens next.

thanks once again.

blueocean

PS. Found the indicator. thanx

Need help on Pipmakerv4

Hello

I am currently using PipMaker V3a and V4 .. and I like it a lot . it gives good profits when i stay for longer time ,, however, I need to know if any one can help me to develop a program for this . where we can set a limit for Buy and Sell Orders..?

Well, I did try all the rest of the versions of the same EA i.e V17 in which i found these settings too ..but , want these settings in V4 if any one can help me

Desperately Need some one to help me now

Tim

Reason: