Indicators/EAs for news and trading signals - page 26

Settings

Hello ND,

How did you do this week? I did not fair to well. I put below my settings. I use the same settings for all pairs. I look forward to seeing your settings.

With regards to the magic number should i have a different number for each chart?

Cheers,

Yes, magic number should be different for every pair.

It is the settings (for EURUSD):

Most important is Currency Filter in the settings.

For example, for EURUSD - EA will trade the news for EUR and for USD (should be true - see it on the image on the previous post).

For GBPUSD: trade GBP and USD news.

For USDCHF: trade CHF, EUR and USD news.

For USDJPY: trade JPY, EUR and USD news.

For AUDUSD: trade AUD news only.

For USDCAD: trade CAD news only.

For NZDUSD: trade NZD news only.

It was not good week - the only profitable was JPY.

Last week was +42 pips; before last 184 in profit.

Generally - February and this March were not good. Most profitale trades (profit for few trades) were for GBPUSD in the end of january: +269 pips

Most stable/reliable pair is USDCAD: +280 pips since the beginning of this year (4 digit pips). Not so much but USDCAD is very stable for trading the news - almost without any "surprise" during the news events for the price movement.

Most risky to trade is GBPUSD.

I also used that indicator and it give me good signals while trading.

I used: EURUSD and GBPUSD and made one trade per day

Best regards

back testing

Can you do backtesting on NewsTrader v6? If does anyone know where i can download a txt or csv file of news for the last year or so?

Cheers,

v6 is elite section version.

I was making this text file for the long time every week. I stoped making it as ... I can not do it all the time. Everybody can make text file as it is not a difficult at all (it was described in elite section with the examples).

v5.3 is the public version trading tsd calendar (without text file).

v6 is trading text file (calendar written by users as a text file and uploaded every week).

Yes, the version 6 can be backtested but it is backtested using text calendar written by user and uploaded to his metatrader's directory.

Up 67 pips this week.

Best pairs USDCAD (34 pips) and EURUSD (23 pips).

Let me see (i am making all the statements on friday and today but posting it on sunday every week) ...

for me:

- GBPUSD 14pips

- NZDUSD: 9 pips (by 6 trades but 9 pips totally for the week)

- USDCAD: 69 pips (see image attached)

So, it is 92 pips for this week (4 digit pips) for 7 pairs.

Files:

Nfp

Do you still operate the EAs during the NFP release?

NewsTrader EA?

yes, of course. Because the settings I posted is nfp settings: this settings was created to trade nfp only but later it was extended for all high impacted news events.

Reason: