Can an EA save to and read from a preset file?

I hope there is a builtin capability to do this, because I would rather not write all the parsing and file management code myself...

Thx.

i know there is *.set file located at "...\experts\presets\*.set"

however how to write open create *.set file using EA code is still mystery for me

EA can read the file.

It may be the settings or anything.

We are having NewsTrader v6 in elite section so this EA is reading the text file with the settings: text file is created in weekend (for example) for the week and EA is using different settings for different cases.

It is possible.

A quote straight from the help file...

Notes: Files can only be opened in the terminal_directory\experts\files folder (terminal_directory\tester\files if for expert testing) or in its subfolders.

So you would have to basically write your own custom .set file and read/write to it in the terminal_directory\experts\files folder as normal .set files are in the experts/presets folder.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Export Signals Via Txt File

We wish to export MT EA signals out of MT via txt file (Sell, Buy, TP & SL)to a local folder for execution on another platform (TS) ... reason is because we cant use any automated allocation software to sub accounts from master using EA's, one of the missing links in MT4. Is there anyone who can tell me how to do this or write me the dll/code/ea that can do it.. happy to pay for this... cheers Chris

I think there are some free tools that do this, also Local version of tools available in my signature do this.

If you want a custom script/dll fell free to contact me.

EXport Signals

Thanks for your reply. product looks good, I have emailed you... cheers Chris

Also thanks for all other replies, greatly appreciated

How do you create a loop to where it counts from 0 to 15 bars, then activates a statement, then resets itself to 0 and restarts the loop again. I should know this but my mind is blank - getting old!

Dave

Reason: