Cycle indicators - page 16

mladen:
risk57

So far all the versions of cycle identifier indicator I have seen are repainting

Even their inventor Roy Kelly is saying so ,,, The way they are imagined originally (the logic they are based on) makes them repaint. In much things it reminds to zig zag, so be very carefull how you use any of those indicators

Yes, i know that, cycle identifier repaint badly sometime.

But ! some top and bottom are good entry for trade.

I have some indicator as CCi, BBflat, FX sniper CCI with BB that can help me for identify this good reversal point with less false positive, but 'you' (who have more experience than me), do you know an indicator that can help me in those situations ?

Sorry for my bad english

Files:
sans_titre_2.png  224 kb

here a sms alert me too late for the signal of the 'Cycle long'

Hi risk57,

I did not use cycle identifier.

But I used some other repainting indicators for trading (as filters etc) - it was few years ago.

You can see live trading examples with images (see links in the end of this post) - it may help for you to find some additional indicator to be used with cycle identifier.

Or ... I can try to use/trade it on Monday (when market will be opened) to find some indicator to trade together with this cycle identifier. But I do not understand it on the way as 'top and bottom'. I understand it as overbough/oversold levels related to dynamically moved support/resistance levels so ...

I remember - I used Schaff trend cycle https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173478 but I used 2 or 3 same Schaff trend cycle indicators with different settings on 1 chart - when all 3 are going to one direction - it is buy or sell (trend). But I used it only as confirmation to any other signal indicator (asctrend or braintrend for example). But Schaff trend cycle is not repainting ...

May be - you can use this idea for cycle identifier ... it is better to use 3 re-painting indicators with different settings attached to one chart - instead of 1 re-painting indicator just an idea.

- Why we need indicators which are painting the past? Read this post and this one. How to trade "painting-the-past" indicators: live trading example with SHI_SilverTrendsig (trades and images): since page #2 till page #4.

Just an example with channel trading system in classical way ... if we separate indicators as "normal" indicators and "non-normal" indicators ...

- "normal" ones: MACD, Parabolic;

- "non-normal" ones: zigzag, channel, fractals, support/resistance.

Looking at "normal" indicators - we can understand what was happened with the price some time ago (1 or 5 or 10 bars ago).

Using re-painting/recalculating or whatever we can call it as ""non-normal" indicators - we can understand about what is going on with price right now (on open bar). And it is especially interesting to know/to see for H1, H4 or D1 timeframe.

So, it was my experience.

thank you for your answer 'newdigital', it's right that it's better to use several different indicators especially when they repaint the past.

I (will) explore this possibility .

i have another indi who help me to know where is the trend, StochasticRSI (51,21,8) (see the picture), but it's not enough for take a position....

You can use 3 StochasticRSI indicators on the way as I used 3 stoch indicators:

1 stoch with the settings as 100, 8, 8 (for primary trend estimation), next one with 55, 8, 8 and "fast" one with 34, 5, 5 settings.

So, first stoch may be used to estimate primary trend (bearish, bullish, started to finishing, when started etc), and 2 other stoch indicators may be some kind of "operational indicators" to understand about what is going on right now. if all 3 are going from top to bottom on the same way - it is strong signal.

Files:
3stochindy_1.jpg  215 kb

Or you can use this example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181242/page10

instead of StochasticRSI

newdigital:
You can use 3 StochasticRSI indicators on the way as I used 3 stoch indicators:

1 stoch with the settings as 100, 8, 8 (for primary trend estimation), next one with 55, 8, 8 and "fast" one with 34, 5, 5 settings.

So, first stoch may be used to estimate primary trend (bearish, bullish, started to finishing, when started etc), and 2 other stoch indicators may be some kind of "operational indicators" to understand about what is going on right now. if all 3 are going from top to bottom on the same way - it is strong signal.

I have a dream, you give me an idea.

It's true that I have fail to use the 'normal' indicators.

The idea of ​​using one indicator with different parameters to identify strong signals is very good, coupling with other more esoteric, we can have more accurate signals.

Thanks a lot for all of that.

Pullback.

...an easy way to trade any zigzag, cycle, fractals etc., -repainting indicators is to place pending order in an opposite direction once signal is received...it is true that you gonna miss on some big moves when those indicators are correct... but...:)

me too....

I am looking for an indi like CYCLE LINES in metastock...you can input for number of bar

please see image....thank you in advance.

Files:
cycle_lines.gif  27 kb
Reason: