Cycle indicators - page 9

fxbs:
what errors? what future cycle? or u just crumbing loaf on Crow version?

can you post it please?

I think

besides cycle, what you mean is WAVE

you may use indicator-- call FLOAT to indicate (indirectly, not really straight forward) to see whether the UPTREND or DOWNtrend would continue or did it finish -- to accomplisth your task

xx3xxx:
I think

besides cycle, what you mean is WAVE

you may use indicator-- call FLOAT to indicate (indirectly, not really straight forward) to see whether the UPTREND or DOWNtrend would continue or did it finish -- to accomplisth your task

nice and old indi

cockeyedcowboy:
fxbs

thanks for posting these indicators I spent the better part of today going through them. I dont fully understand the method behine hes cycle indicator but it closely follow what I use, how ever my is much simpler to understand.

I recode the Cycle_Point_KROUFR_version and removed the unnessary code I will next try to substitute my cycle indicator in place of his.

If one studies the KROVFR cycles one can come away with something good here.

Keit

edit I attached my version of hes code it quit different but will give the exact same results.

thanks, C.! why RIP?

nice your code is flying! (Kroufr version a bit heavy)

thank you

they had not bad idea - to consider average cycle(semi) by average length of macd crosses (50) - they found it pretty much good enough

btw. Keit, 4 full happiness - if you made fast cw, could you made fast version of main ind. (sw) - to let it RIP

fxbs:
thanks, C.! why RIP?

nice your code is flying! (Kroufr version a bit heavy)

thank you

they had not bad idea - to consider average cycle(semi) by average length of macd crosses (50) - they found it pretty much good enough

btw. Keit, 4 full happiness - if you made fast cw, could you made fast version of main ind. (sw) - to let it RIP

RIP is a tag I put to let me know I did not write the code but have taken someone else code apart like in RIPped it apart. The Point indicator is still slow because of the other part which it calls. if you want to speed it up even more change the line

ChartLimits = Bars - 2;

ChartLimits = 250;

This will not look at all the data but just the last 250 bars we do not need to figure the points of all the history just the current. If testing then we will need all history but not for trading. This will speed the indicator up. I am going to take a look again at the main indicator to see what I can do.

Keit

ok, if not R.I.P. ripped like then ripped-apart sounds better then ripped -CD-like

anyway, code and idea is open -open to discussion, it was not a single author - guys on Kroufr forum welcome everyone to mod, change their version, go father

sure, it strictly time (length) - based; ma(macd) crosses helps to make period - adaptive period

idea also - sometimes very simple ways can achieve very effective results, close to achieved by other (more proper, more soifisticated) means

Keit, your approach - not time based - sounds very interesting, can't wait!

btw if on your way you cold fasten-up old Krou version (limit countedbars recount?)-you're the very good programmer, demit (plus with ideas) - it would be also very cool

speaking of witch (cycles, waves) spectrum, YT, codebase

Spectr - MQL4 Code Base Spectrometr_Separate - MQL4 Code Base

Files:

fxbs

I think the code that I posted a few post back is not working correctly. I think that a time element was added to their cycle indicator is because any oscellator will cross and recross its mid point, in this case the 50. Last night when the market slowed down My code started to put markers almost every other bar. With out a time base the cycle indicator bounces back and forth over its mid point, not good. So the original code even though slower and will missaline and or add extra markets is better.

Looks great !!.....

yes, interesting

why not? xo(p&f) etc also not time -based and there is patterns, trends, cycles...

Reason: