Cycle indicators - page 10

fxbs

I can build both indicators as one, to eliminate the need to repeatally call the cycle indicator. It can be built within the 'point' indicator.

I can also see were my cycle indicator differs form Kroufr version. Kroufr adds in a time demention to his cycles were I look at price only. By forceing his cycles into a time requirement he sometimes misses the true tops and bottoms of the cycles and or miss alining his cycles with the actual price.

Almost everyone looks at cycles as a function of time. Time cycles do exist. but there are cycles that can be extracted from price ability to move. A primary cycle in a sample data series lets say can be completed in 10 bar and the next cycle may take 20 bars. If one follows or restricts cycles to fit a time period they will in effect force cycles that do not exist or start and end in un-natural places. If one looks at any major currency pair they can see that cycles are much shorter and have a larger amplitude when London and or NY are open then over night were the cycles are longer and narrower. To force cycles in/with time will not give the correct cycles.

I look at the price movement itself and do not limit it with time. I am under the belief that time and price cycles are seperable. In trading short term, time becomes of less consideration to the price cycles, as well. Just my opinion for what ever its worth. Most people do not follow my train of though in most cases any how.

Will try to complete a faster Kroufr cycle version and see how it goes.

Keit

EDIT added screen shot, In the screen shot you can see were points A and B are missed alined they should look like they do in point C.

If you look at my screen shot of yesterday my cycle indicator is there, but as you can see it doesnot line up with the chart ( the three lines ) because it is not based on the bar count. They may be 5 bars between the lines and the price data but the cycle is not based on time so older cycles highs and lows in the indicator are meaningless as time moves on. Most all cycle indicator I have seen are based on a time element and I beleive that if one remove the time requirement and look at prices movments and it ability to move or speed of movement you would have a better vision.

I only look at the most current (the area in the circle) area to draw my marks. That is why my chart cut short the indicator and why I have to do it manually, as it would be difficault to program, As with any price patents. The code block you posted did give me some ideas and will try and see were that leads me today.

Keit

impresive cycle indicator

can someone please have a look at this cycle indicator and make it available as an mq4/ex4 file please.

by the looks of it , it seem to be promising but i don't know which indicator it is and where too get it

would realy appreciate the efford from your side

Files:
gbpcadh4.jpg  57 kb

This is why I am making a big fuss over getting the markers in the right places. I am just starting to get my cycle indicator pluged into Kroufr or should I say the altered code. If every thing works this is what you can get. Real nice trend lines that are based on cycles and not subjectivly placed. I am not no were close to getting things wright but getting there.

fxbs:
what errors? what future cycle? or u just crumbing loaf on Crow version?

fxbs

thanks for posting these indicators I spent the better part of today going through them. I dont fully understand the method behine hes cycle indicator but it closely follow what I use, how ever my is much simpler to understand.

I recode the Cycle_Point_KROUFR_version and removed the unnessary code I will next try to substitute my cycle indicator in place of his.

If one studies the KROVFR cycles one can come away with something good here.

Keit

edit I attached my version of hes code it quit different but will give the exact same results.

Hi

This indicator signal is too late if someone re-write the program when the was closed candle give signal

thanks

some indicator are prone to zig zag

most are the mid-line indicator that change PHASE when the up / down cycle change

I will search for an indicator that give the 2nd stage of zig zag -- that should be the most profitable -- so we won't enter when the R/S of previous zig zag just break -- by instinct we will use the trading hours as well to decide the chance that zig zag will be broken imminently

johnrod:
can someone please have a look at this cycle indicator and make it available as an mq4/ex4 file please.

by the looks of it , it seem to be promising but i don't know which indicator it is and where too get it

would realy appreciate the efford from your side

Don't know if that's what you want ???

Some schaff inside ...

Files:
stc_color.mq4  6 kb

cycle indicator

tx for the effort big joe but stc color does'nt look quite the same as the indicator refered too.

please if someone find it would you please post it here

johnrod

hi xx3xxx

in separate window, is the indicator STC_COLOR ?

the STC_COLOR is a little repainting.

Reason: