Trading without the CCI is suicide or is it???

My "discovery" of the CCI-oscillator, changed my world from entering trades late or taking stupid entries and wiping out my account, to averaging 600 pips/ month consistently over the last 15 months.

My dilemma is the following:.......The CCI-6 ("turbo")[cci-t hereafter] "overheats" at the 180%-level (max of 200, but 180 is more accurate) and almost immediately the price changes direction or go sideways until the cci-t has "gathered itself" and returns to the overall direction of the trade. The return makes for an excellent entry without the "stress" of having to sit out the retracement. (Woodie followers will know that he uses the cci-t for trendlines only, but it has saved me from disaster too many times to be ignored as an entry tool or at least selecting a better price).

What has been eroding my pips and therefore I am leaving "far too many pips on the table", is the fact that the cci-t will overheat and I don't enter the trade in spite of my signal generated, only for the trade to take off!! Most annoying!!

Today, 23rd February 2006 is a case in study:

On the 5m-chart GBP/USD @ 00:50 am EST the cci-t overheated and again @ 1:10 est / 2:15 est / 3:00 est / 4:05 est / 5:15 est and yet the price kept on climbing through the roof!

Attached is my screenprint for your kind perusal and comment. I use the 50-ema as per Nina as criteria for correct entry and is the AQUA-line. Underneath is the 300-ema in white which represents the 50-ema on the 30-m chart. Also I use 2 x LSMAs set as 21 and 34 which works best for me and leaves no doubt as to exits.

Also, the AscTrend.

You will also see the SDX_Breakout and the Dynamic-RS which I can highly recommend - even for slightly later exits, but fool-proof!

The Oscillators are the Woodies-double-cci; the FX_Offtrend; and the ZLS set according to my own personal settings and added over it, the 5-LWMA in Green.

Bottom left hand side you will see a white vertical-line on the Asctrend signal at 04h15 on my chart (11:15pm est) and the very next candle you will see my signal in LIME as an Arrow-head just protruding.

Technically I should have entered on the 05h50 candle on my charts and stayed long all the way. The cci-t overheated here and from there you can follow the process. What made the difference in the end when it finally broke out on an overheated cci-t on the 09h05 candle and breaking through the SDX-line?

Please can you all assist me in overcoming this dilemma that is not only eating my profits, but also my heart.

I await your very kind assistance in this regard.

Files:

YES... Turbo CCI Rules... I use it for entry and exit... @+/-100

Cheers,

Hallo

Hi faleofx ,Dont be too blues ,How may I help you? What do you want to do with cci or what you want cci to perform ?

CCI-t

linuxtroll:
YES... Turbo CCI Rules... I use it for entry and exit... @+/-100 Cheers,

Linux, please be more specific and show me your entries for the same day please. I also believe in it, however, it keeps me out of profitable trades at times. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Audio:
Hi faleofx ,Dont be too blues ,How may I help you? What do you want to do with cci or what you want cci to perform ?

Hi Audio. Thank you for the offer to help. Looking at my chart that I have posted, you will notice that the CCI-t kept me out of entries and I sat on the side until later in the US market when I managed to make +30 pips on the short.

My problem is that I don't get to grips with these entries when CCI-t "overheats" - what can you suggest to get me out of this dilemma please?

My sincerest thanks in advance.

It is all ways over heated (if you want to put it that way of saying )in small time frame cos price tand to make more wave at smaller time frame .seence you play with 50 ma 30m tf ,you can put cci at 30m tf and open the 5m tf to zoom the entry and they did alot of indicator for 50 ma strategy you can find it and trade with it .

Try this out and see if it helps.

I apologize for the poor audio quality. Click on "Replay Session"

http://muddbuddha.com/content/blogcategory/26/46/

~MuddBuddha

confused by all the CCIs

I was trying to figure out how to use all these CCI indicators but when I looked for info there was too much "noise". So I got very confused... especially by all the woodie-related stuff... patterns and such...

What is the file name for the turbo cci? I have so many cci indicators that I do not know which one to use.

also, how does one use it? Just when it goes above/below a certain point?

is there a good explanation somewhere of what the turbo CCI does and how it differs from a regular CCI?

Enter at 50, exit at 100

Hi ycomp,

The implementation of CCI might be different across various platforms. I'd suggest one thing - at your suitable time frame, set up some parameter like 6 or 14 or 50 or whatever (basically tryout - these are all statistical in nature anyway - same stuff) and then draw horizonatl lines at 0, 50, -50, 100, -100 levels. Just watch when a candle closes and CCI goes beyond 50 or -50 levels for long or short side respectively, enter the trade and exit when the price come back to 100 or -100 level. Usually it works for me but use some other stuff as well with it like Heikin-Ashi definitely. There are many other rather complex ways but this somehow appears quite simple to me.

Best.

- Sukhen

MuddBuddha:
Try this out and see if it helps.

I apologize for the poor audio quality. Click on "Replay Session"

http://muddbuddha.com/content/blogcategory/26/46/

~MuddBuddha

Sorry I missed you here, but I appreciate this reference very much. May thx.

sukhen:
Hi ycomp,

The implementation of CCI might be different across various platforms. I'd suggest one thing - at your suitable time frame, set up some parameter like 6 or 14 or 50 or whatever (basically tryout - these are all statistical in nature anyway - same stuff) and then draw horizonatl lines at 0, 50, -50, 100, -100 levels. Just watch when a candle closes and CCI goes beyond 50 or -50 levels for long or short side respectively, enter the trade and exit when the price come back to 100 or -100 level. Usually it works for me but use some other stuff as well with it like Heikin-Ashi definitely. There are many other rather complex ways but this somehow appears quite simple to me.

Best.

- Sukhen

Will look at this combination with Heikin_Ashi and let you know. I am making progress though. Thx.

Reason: