Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 39

he also has account protection=0

It's not even checking secureprofit.

doesn't matter what the value of it is, in other words.

Tross

gpw797:
On your backtest settings it shows "LongSecureProfit=10000.... ShortSecureProfit=10000;"

?????

What kind of setting is that? On my machine, EA won't even generate trades...

they are settings I have been using from the start on all my forward testing.

When I run it on real money, I will manage my own protection. I trade for a living and am on line 24/7.

If I bust a 5k account so what. its just a little chump change.

It will not be ran on my primary trade account.

We have all seen this kind of ea bust accounts. Do Not run this on an account you cann't afford to bust! I don't care what kind of settings you have. Any martingale style of money management can bust you at the wrong time.

The hope is that I can make some money first.

The first account I was running goblin on, set up on 2 different charts buy/sell only started at 5k and was at 16k befor I stopped it.

So if I make 11k and then bust a 5k account thats fine.

each week I will with draw all winnings and start each new week at 5k.

Most of you will not understand my way of thinking and my settings. thats ok because 80% of all traders fail. So 80% of you will disagree with me.

Dave

I want to remind every one that is mad at me that I am the ONLY reason bipoler exists. It was my "crazy" idea of running seperate buy/sell majic #'s that made bluto produce bipoler. Me and my crazy settings and forward tests.

Remember how every one flipped out at my outstanding results with running goblin on seperate buy/sell majic #'s? I was a hero....Bluto dropped everything and implemented my idea into bipoler.

Now I am probly the most hated person on this forum. go figure......

what did bluto expect on an open public forum?

Bluto is smart as a wip on one hand....... and dumb as a box of rocks on the other hand.

And now because he had to go run and hide like a little child, I look like an a$$hole.

So use my settings or don't. I don't care.

xxDavidxSxx:
I want to remind every one that is mad at me that I am the ONLY reason bipoler exists. It was my "crazy" idea of running seperate buy/sell majic #'s that made bluto produce bipoler. Me and my crazy settings and forward tests.

Remember how every one flipped out at my outstanding results with running goblin on seperate buy/sell majic #'s? I was a hero....Bluto dropped everything and implemented my idea into bipoler.

Bluto is smart as a wip on one hand....... and dumb as a box of rocks on the other hand.

And now because he had to go run and hide like a little child, I look like an a$$hole.

Hey Dave,

Keep posting your settings and results, i started demo testing your latest setup except with a 3k account and .01 lots, so far with very good results.

I can't imagine how a guy can be responsible for running a guy off of a public forum???? Whoever blames you will get over it, now let's figure out how to make some money! Cheers

mikl_73112:
Hey Dave,

Keep posting your settings and results, i started demo testing your latest setup except with a 3k account and .01 lots, so far with very good results.

I can't imagine how a guy can be responsible for running a guy off of a public forum???? Whoever blames you will get over it, now let's figure out how to make some money! Cheers

thank you. I'll keep posting. Don't worrie.

Mabe I think people are mad because I feel guilty. I dunno.

Right now I was running 4 demos. But I had a blow out on a circuit I have to replace an outlet. Almost burned my house down. So one PC isn't running now. I still have 2 demo's running. Both 15 profit and pips 23 and rsx peroid 3. The difference is RSX time frame. I was testing 4 time frames. 15m, 30m, 60m, 240m. Now have 15m, and 30m running.

Next week I'll start all 4 over from 5k balance.

Once I determine the best time frame I will start running on 5k real money account.

xxDavidxSxx:

You really need to quit giving yourself so much credit for BiPolar, ok? Can we stop the bragging now, please? I guess I'm going to have to play your game since you've decided to crawl out from under the shrubs and start your ranting again. You had a concept, but that was about it. You offered no specs, no design ideas, no nothing. You blurted out some settings from running the regular Goblin EA on two charts and that's about it. I had some free time over the holidays and the concept fell in line with some ideas I was already working on with the true hedging version of Goblin II. I spent many hours putting BiPolar together and testing it in a vacuum of input from you or anyone. There. I said it.

mikl_73112:
Hey Dave,

Nobody ran me off. Yes, I was chapped a bit initially at all of the nonsense because I'm not used to that sort of thing, but I have no plans to stop visiting this and the Elite forums. I'm just not developing Goblin out in public anymore. If anyone dislikes David, it's probably due to his boastful and bombastic demeanor.

before dave came out with his separate majics idea Goblin didn't worked at all.

now with putting it on separate charts for buying/selling I found it was a clear improvement, even if it isn't safe enough yet, and credits are all to dave, so...

can you Bluto quit giving yourself so much credit for bipolar, ok? can we stop the bragging now, please?

the bipolar existence is insignificant, it is the idea of running goblin on separate charts that is counting.

further I totally agree with dave to flip the coin and try to boost a small account to make some money and then reset all, perhaps it is the only way to make these junk martingale systems working. my 0.002

General Comment Folks

Well Folks........lots of excitement about the facts:

1.10point3 and also the improved hybrids Terminator and Predator(credit all to Bluto) all blew accounts of people operating them with unacceptable leverage .

While it is fine on Demo accounts, my desire is to trade with real money, instead of hyperventilating over Demo testing statements.

2.Bluto started Goblin in a public thread to gather ideas, very much like Hendrick with Phoenix.None of the two ever claimed or suggested that the "raw" versions and settings are suitable for real accounts, nor that they generate hughe profits on a 5k USD account, which allows the trader retirement in 1 year.

3.Unlike others, i am not at all a fan of the Bipolar idea, due to my personal opinion, that trading against the "swap", will eventually kill the trade, if the trader gets stuck in a position. Therefore i am trading all these month only in the direction of the positive swap. This idea was brought up by a trader in the paid part of this forum.

4.While i am always willing to learn, i very much doubted the ultimate success of a Bipolar version and now read carefully:

"with the posted settings= low TP, low max.Trades and very short pipsteps, specially on a 1 hour chart."

5.During my real trading over more than 6 month, i found it rather appealing to me to even extend the pipsteps way way beyond the original settings(20/25) to 40-80 pips, depending on ATR and Volatility of each pair. My TP is therefore very high as well, since i am running the Fibonacci scale in.

I found that these settings make this type of EA much more safe, take care in most cases of the "feared 300 pipmove without retracement", but require a high cash balance and patience until the trade unfolds. Very few traders, if at all, ever posted statements with these settings, due to the fact, that trades take longer from opening to closing(may take days!)

I am very happy to collect my high daily swaps, until the EA closes the trade eventually.Please note, that in "ranging markets" the original settings produce excellent results, while in strong trending markets the account faces a high probability of a margin call.My actual settings produce very few trades in ranging markets=low or no profit, but collect swap and really start trading in a strong trend, even if in the "wrong direction".

Even getting "stuck" is not all that bad, since the swap at least decreases your floating P/L each day.

6.Now you all might understand why a Bipolar version is not so appealing to me, since it has to run, as i call it, fast pipstep, instaed of my long /wide pipsteps.

If you all apply some logic into this, you will notice, that while a long/short might sound good in the first place it might not in the longer run.Using any sort of DLM system for scalping trading(low pipsteps) requires even MORE cash, than the wider pips, but for sure a stop loss protection.

This type of EA is a trading method and not so much a mechanical, indicator based system.(read the article "Trade like a dealer" in various trade magazines)

So i am not developing any codings, i finetune TP, pipsteps and correlation for each pair i trade. Second , i would love to trade GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF(highest daily swap vs margin required), so i am testing settings for these pairs(80-100 pipsteps).

Having said that, i am heading in a different direction and i am a happy reader of "autofx" comments about this EA. He might be new in this forum, but he is surely not new to trading FX, nor am i.

So lets get back to the basics and approach this EA without any arrogance or selfishness and try to find "settings", which work in real accounts and lets forget any posted "Crown Forex" demotrading, in which already the 5th trade gives a 240k position on a 1,5k equity account. This is not at all helping any real trader(it shows that this firms Demo account is worthless for testing and is surely no prove of great settings that work)............we already knew, that there is no leverage too high for any demo account.

Happy trading for you all.

Janus

crazyfx:
before dave came out with his separate majics idea Goblin didn't worked at all.

now with putting it on separate charts for buying/selling I found it was a clear improvement, even if it isn't safe enough yet, and credits are all to dave, so...

can you Bluto quit giving yourself so much credit for bipolar, ok? can we stop the bragging now, please?

the bipolar existence is insignificant, it is the idea of running goblin on separate charts that is counting.

further I totally agree with dave to flip the coin and try to boost a small account to make some money and then reset all, perhaps it is the only way to make these junk martingale systems working. my 0.002

Wow. That was a mouthful. You're so clueless it's almost hilarious.

- I have a wonderful idea on how we can replace fossil fuels by running car engines on saltwater or maybe leftover coffee grinds, but unless someone else can research the feasibility, perform the design and implementation, and "actualize" the concept.....I'm going to be stuck visiting Exxon every week. If someone actually does figure out how to do it and make it commercially viable, should I get the Nobel Peace Prize?

- These "Junk" Martingale systems can actually be quite profitable and quite safe if used properly with the right leverage and implemented with some safety features that haven't existed in the past. I know. I have one.

- I doubt anyone cares that you don't like the BiPolar approach and would prefer to run separate charts for buy/sell and/or be glued to your tradestation all day...by all means, suit yourself.

Reason: